Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    The Czech police chasing a mountain bike on the highway. First the mountain bike is slipstreaming the lorry at 100kph before using some offroad skills to leave them behind.

Is not amused
    This is worth a share IMO. Sorry it's not a MTB video, there has not been any good ones lately.

San Francisco Dreamin' - GT Welcomes Kenny Belaey on pinkbike.com

Gregg put this up in the articles section as well.

GT Rider Kenny Belaey Rides SF Landmarks | Mountain Bike Review
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 04-06-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Update.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    These are a few videos that were in other threads on mtbr. I can never seem to find videos in older posts so I've linked them whilst I can still find them.

There was a really good Youtube video of a German DH race from the 1990s about a year ago but I couldn't find it again.

Sixteen-inch on pinkbike.com

hardtail downhill in whistler - YouTube

big air mountain bike jump and crash - YouTube

Colt Fake -BMX banned 3 "Better Off Dead" - YouTube

mtbr member
    Niice

Just Ride
    This thread is awesome! Subscribed!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

Miami, FL
    Not the typical eye watering, skin peeling, downhill speed run ........... simply impressive control:

Dan
    Trek 3500 disc

ballbuster

Man...

Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I have been a little down lately. I find the current crop of mountain biking videos offers too much slow-mo upside down back flipping on big BMX bikes and too little, POV cam, sexy wire cam and all out fast runs down real trails. I have a hard time living vicariously through the endless back flip DJ vids but the ones that are close to mountain biking I can imagine, if I had the right gear and all, being able to do.

I mean Danny MacSkill is fantastic and all, skilled beyond doubt but there is no way I will ever be riding a cable. Ever.

Post up your favorite Youtube, Vimeo, etc. videos here for some stoke. Backflip vids are totally perfect additions but I also want to see some other videos of other things too. Homemade ones would be the best!

(Please when embedding videos make sure that they aren't set to autoplay).

My addition:
    That drop at 2:24 makes my palms sweat every time I see it. Maybe I'm just a big fat wuss... well, yes, I am.

ballbuster

Lmmfao!!

Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    The Czech police chasing a mountain bike on the highway. First the mountain bike is slipstreaming the lorry at 100kph before using some offroad skills to leave them behind.

Oh man... that is the best laugh I've had all day.

Thanks for that!

Is not amused
    Nice fat bike bike video.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anne-Caroline Chausson goes on a ride with the guys

Beer Me!
    Its from NWD, but still a goodie:

mtbr member

oldie

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    There was a video I saw a while back, can't seem to find it now - a bunch of guys I think in the Swiss Alps. There was as section of the ride that they are riding a 12" wide steel walkway that ran along the side of the mountain - no sides to it, it was just crazy.

Some of the video's posted above are just amazing though! mad skills for sure!

D
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

mtbr member
    Here's something a little different. I still can't find the video I was thinking of but this 1992 Downhill World Cup race at La Bourboule shows how it should be done. Bar ends, brightly coloured tops and Tioga disk wheels. Watch out for the guy floating in the water at 3 minutes in. His fluorescent cycling jacket is acting as a buoyancy aid after he crashes.

1992 10 14 DH WC La Bourboule ; Episode 7 - YouTube

There are a few similar videos from other 1992 and 1993 downhill World Cup races too if you look at the Youtube video stream of "schwermetall2007".

This video of a late 1950's Cyclo cross race is good also. No need to follow any sort of path. Just head cross country.

1950 Cyclocross Race.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited by WR304; 04-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.

mtbr member
    This video of Andreu Lacondeguy dirt jumping is fairly ridiculous. The superman backflip is probably my favourite.

We Are Family Films: Episode 1 ft Andreu Lacondeguy from We Are Family Films on Vimeo.

Once you've finished jumping for the day you still have to get home. A good time to practice your wheelies but you need enough room to do it, such as down the 27.5km and 48 hairpin turns of the Stelvio Pass in Italy for instance. This video is of Simone Temperato. There are also some of him doing the same thing with no front wheel.

IMPENNATA IN DISCESA DAL PASSO DELLO STELVIO - YouTube

If you get back to town early then a flight of stairs is a good obstacle to practice riding down.

Riding on Bike Backwards Down Stairs at Eiffel Tower - YouTube
    Last edited by WR304; 04-21-2012 at 04:47 PM.

mtbr member
    i just wanted to share one me and my buddies made. im no way am i saying we are talented or comparing to anyone in this thread. we are just out to have fun riding and not take ourselves too seriously. hope you folks enjoy. we just love riding. this was on some trails along the gulf coast.

720 or 1080 available

Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe 29er

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Here's something a little different. I still can't find the video I was thinking of but this 1992 Downhill World Cup race at La Bourboule shows how it should be done. Bar ends, brightly coloured tops and Tioga disk wheels. Watch out for the guy floating in the water at 3 minutes in. His fluorescent cycling jacket is acting as a buoyancy aid after he crashes.
    They're riding muddy trails! They're killing Mother Earth! Those lines are completely unsustainable! Awesome footage. "If you're in control, you're going too slow."

This video of a late 1950's Cyclo cross race is good also. No need to follow any sort of path. Just head cross country.
    Sweet. Appreciate the guy folding his wheel at :47, and straightening it at :53. That video also reminded me of a discussion on here about whether a certain trail was rideable on a cyclocross bike, and the abuse I took for suggesting that a slightly rocky trail would be okay on a cross bike...
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 04-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osteo View Post
    There was a video I saw a while back, can't seem to find it now - a bunch of guys I think in the Swiss Alps. There was as section of the ride that they are riding a 12" wide steel walkway that ran along the side of the mountain - no sides to it, it was just crazy.
    Did you mean this one?

It's a path along the Garnitzenklamm Gorge in Austria.

Radwanderung... - YouTube

Some similar links.

Motocross riding along a narrow mountain path (I haven't embedded it as it isn't mountain biking but still interesting).
    Ligurische Grenzkammstrasse mal etwas anders... Teil/Part2 - YouTube

Hans Rey doing tricks on the edge of some cliffs in Ireland
    The Most Terrifying Mountain Bike Trail On Earth

This is the Ima Trail in Bolivia where they're riding along the top of a mountain. It's a bit blurry but clearly isn't somewhere that you want to make any mistakes on.

Ima Trail - YouTube

What happens if you get it wrong on these narrow mountain paths:

Mountain Biker Falls Down Cliff - YouTube

Is not amused
    ^^^ " You all right?" ........ "Did you film it?" LOL. Guy falling down hill: "Yeah man, I'm cool just wanted to see what it's like rolling down this cliff, did you get it on film?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    That Megavalanche was sick!

workin' it Administrator
    I can barely sit through a FOX/Marzocchi sponsored backflipping, big BMX bike, epileptically cut and edited 40 minute video but that Megavalanche video had me staring at my screen for an hour. The POV was great, the scenery was intense and it was good racing. Lots of passing, poor riding technique, stellar riding technique and the trails, Wow.

Anyway, I don't want to bother flipping through all the vids so here is a vid of someone killing Whistler on a hardtail DH bike (Chromag of course).
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member

a few of mine

and because everybody loves a dog:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptkaos View Post
    That Megavalanche was sick!
    Yeah, I agree. I couldn't stop watching it. What a trail! (I'd just rather ride it without 1000 other crazies).
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

workin' it Administrator
    before Danny Macaskill, Jeff Lenosky, Ryan Leech or when Hans Rey was just beginning there was Ot Pi:

the music is killer to boot.

Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    There was a really good Youtube video of a German DH race from the 1990s about a year ago but I couldn't find it again.
    RIVER29 posted the downhill video I was thinking of in the Passion section so here it is:

Old school 1992 downhill mountain biking race events! LOTS of Crashing!! - YouTube

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast