mtbr member
    Feb 2012

EVO 801 Clipless Pedals ?

Hi, I found a deal on a set of EVO 801 clipless pedals on my local classified for $20. They are slightly used and they retail for $60 new. I was not able to find much info on those and I was wondering if anybody here have any experience with them. Also, is there anything I should be aware when buying clipless pedals ? Btw, the seller has a second pair, which is brand new. He is asking $40 for both sets.

Thanks.

EVO 801 Clipless Pedals

• SPD compatible pedals with adjustable retention tension
    • Cr-Mo axle with sealed bearings
    • 4 degrees of lateral float
    • Lightweight alloy body
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EVO 801 Clipless Pedals ?-ped8620.jpg  

A bike ride a day keeps the doctor away... but if you're too slow, he might catch up on you.

they look like a fairly typical spd knockoff. nothing looks special about them. spds work

I rode on bargain-basement Nashbar spd knockoffs for a couple years and they were just fine. not exactly serviceable for the long haul, but then again they were so cheap it didn't hurt too bad to toss 'em when they were wore out.

$40 for both sets of these? if you need pedals and you're on a budget I'd buy them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks, I think I'm going to buy them.
    A bike ride a day keeps the doctor away... but if you're too slow, he might catch up on you.

Huckin' trails
    He bought them today. Now's time to get some shoes and cleats.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!