Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Ran over an Armadillo once. Both tires. We both kept going.
    Same here! Was like running over a bowling ball.
    '02 Kona Bear - '01 Schwinn Homegrown Comp - '12 Giant Defy 1 - '14 Kona Jake the Snake

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    A small turtle threw me off-line and off the trail. Some kinda ninja move he must have put on me. He was in much better shape than me. I have him in my wives flower garden to make sure he has no side affects. She will be surprised.

mtbr member
    ive hit my girlfriends a$$ whilst riding.............. does this count ?~

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I've had glancing blows with a dear, a cat, and a duck. Sounds like a story line for a children's book.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I came pretty to hitting an alligator. I was very surprised to it on the trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Ever hit a deer (or other large animal) while riding?

Nearly hit a dog flying down one of the local downhill runs, little bugger came out of no where and upset my zone. Still the owner apologised at the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fog
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    This brings back an old memory. In the late 90's during deer hunting season, I was riding the road in a state park where hunting was taking place. It had just gotten dark and I was cursing and a, what at the time seemed like a large deer came out of the woods at a full run. I hit the brakes as hard as I could and the deer went in front of me missing my front tire by what seemed like inches. Scared the xxxx our of me. i was thankful that my hands were on the hoods and i caught the motion to my left.

Wayne

mtbr member
    Call me crazy, but how the heck does someone hit a deer on a bike? They don't hear you coming??? Reading through these posts I guess it's possible but jeez..

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Elk. Dead center. Down hill right hander in a heavily wooded drainage. About knocked me senseless. Elk ran off, presumed to be uninjured.

Front Range, Colorado

Does a LARGE woman count..
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by SycoCell121 View Post
    Call me crazy, but how the heck does someone hit a deer on a bike? They don't hear you coming??? Reading through these posts I guess it's possible but jeez..
    Ever hear the expression "Like a deer caught in the headlights"? Deer are kind of hesitant. They will stop and stare for a couple of seconds before taking flight. If you're moving fast enough on a mountain bike, you might hit one while it's deciding if it's going to run or not.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SycoCell121 View Post
    It happens.
    Mountain Biker gets taken out by BUCK - CRAZY Footage - Only in Africa - YouTube
    Mountain Biker gets taken out by DEER - CRAZY Footage - YouTube

I side swiped a cow once on a CR500 going about 65mph. I just bounced off her fat belly and kept going.

One time a wasp went down my shirt and bit/stung me from my throat and all the way down my chest and belly. It was really painful and I got really sick from it.

Another time I hit a cougar. I just kept hittin' it till she begged me to stop. Then I went back the next day and hit it again!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE;11221843]Ever hit a deer (or other large animal) while riding?

Does a LARGE woman count..[/QUOTEwell ]hell yeah...automatic 20 points for a near miss...25 if you can hit 'em and keep riding
    2014 Nail Trail 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by time229er View Post

Does a LARGE woman count..
    That would come unde the cow category.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Diggity Dog
    A hawk hit my helmet with their claws one time defending it's nest. That was freaky. I've run over rattlers a couple of times. A couple close calls with squirrels. I know a guy who got a squirrel caught in his front wheel and broke his collarbone. The squirrel broke a few bones as well.

Diggity Dog
    I'm surprised nobody has linked this video yet.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Came close to a large kangaroo, 1m ahead of me with a bit of speed. Scared the **** out of me, suprised he didnt turn around and jump kick me

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinDiggity View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has linked this video yet.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that old vid. Pretty bizarre stuff, but who's stupid enough to mountain bike in the Serengeti and become part of the food chain. Hello!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've had wild pigs run in front of me twice on steep fast downhills. first time, just missed, but got a loud squeal. Second time, center punched'em, went over the bars and tumbled into the brush with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I had a deer take me out broadside a few years back. We both tumbled off the side of the trail and it ended up with a leg stuck in each of my wheels while I was still clipped in. I got completely battered and beaten and ended up needing to rebuild both wheels. It still hurts when I think about it. I've had many squirrels and assorted other ground critters get munched in and under my wheels over the years, the worst was the one one that got sliced in half when it went into my front brake rotor.

mtbr member
    Another time I hit a cougar. I just kept hittin' it till she begged me to stop. Then I went back the next day and hit it again!
    I see what you did there..

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I had a deer take me out broadside a few years back. We both tumbled off the side of the trail and it ended up with a leg stuck in each of my wheels while I was still clipped in. I got completely battered and beaten and ended up needing to rebuild both wheels. It still hurts when I think about it. I've had many squirrels and assorted other ground critters get munched in and under my wheels over the years, the worst was the one one that got sliced in half when it went into my front brake rotor.
    Radical! No GoPro footage?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member

lol this makes me think back to my youth! I was flying through a parking lot on my bad@$$ huffy bmx and a car backed out. I cleared the bars and ate his hood, totally sucked but I walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've never ridden into a deer, but I've stopped right next to one, almost within arms reach, and had a staring contest with it. After a good 30 seconds of staring at each other, the thing took off down the trail where I had come from.

Also got to chase a group of three deer down the trail for a good 5 minutes.

mtbr member
    Hit a jackrabbit once. The ones in Kansas can literally get to be the size of a medium dog. This one wasn't quite that big but still on the larger side. Ran over his right hip and pulled up out of reaction. Just rolled over him and we both continued to hit a few bunny hops later in life I'm sure.
    Giant Trance X 29er
    Schwinn Sidewinder

EMAW - GO STATE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast