Sweat is just fat crying.

Ever bought Cytomax, Muscle Milk or other CytoSport products? Lawsuit may get you $$

A lawsuit is pending in the Los Angeles Superior Court that may affect your rights. The plaintiffs in this lawsuit claim that that CytoSport did not adequately inform consumers that certain products, including Muscle Milk® and Monster Milk®, allegedly contained lead, cadmium, and/or arsenic. CytoSport vigorously denies these claims, responding that trace amounts of metals are found in the environment and in many agricultural products, and that the products are safe, as confirmed by independent testing by accredited third parties. Plaintiffs’ Complaint does not allege that CytoSport violated the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act. The Court did not rule in favor of plaintiffs or CytoSport. Instead, the parties agreed to a settlement to avoid the expense and risks of continuing the lawsuits.

Farbod Nasseri v. CytoSport, Inc.

Here's the product list: Farbod Nasseri v. CytoSport, Inc.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

AZ
    banned
    Did the CytoSport products in fact contain the listed contaminants or is this a get rich scheme and much ado over nothing?

www.derbyrims.com
    Coincidence? The CytoSport founder, Greg Pickett is or was a full time car racer, racing modified Corvettes in TRANS Am and GT "pro" national series for decades, and he sponsors current teams. Maybe for a while the race cars were built in the same building as his sugar drinks and powders were processed. Just idling a race car spews more lead from race gas than thousands of street stock unleaded gas burning cars.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    "entitled to a check for reimbursement of the full retail purchase price paid for the products purchased by the Class Member, up to a total of $20.00."
    It wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by Howeler View Post
    "entitled to a check for reimbursement of the full retail purchase price paid for the products purchased by the Class Member, up to a total of $20.00."
    typical class action suit. you usually wind up with a couple bucks at best. I got a letter about one once where the payout was probably going to be less than a dollar for me.

if the products used brown rice, then there absolutely would have been contamination. rice plants do a great job of utilizing arsenic in the environment. enriched white rice strips that out (along with a lot of nutrients).

and that's only one ingredient.

now, does that mean that anyone who sells brown rice is required to put on the packaging that it has higher arsenic content than white rice? I haven't seen it anywhere. on the surface, this looks like one of those make-some-dough suits because the guy found out some ingredients by their nature contain some amount of these metals and he wants food companies to notify him of those.

the only way I could see this as having some merit would be if these products actually were contaminated in some way or another.

Afric Pepperbird
    I used Cytomax PreFormance for a few years, when it was still being made. It is on the list of affected products.

I think I will pass, though. A measly $20 for possible long-term health effects??!! A slap in the face.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I used Cytomax PreFormance for a few years, when it was still being made. It is on the list of affected products.

I think I will pass, though. A measly $20 for possible long-term health effects??!! A slap in the face.
    Yeah, they should do this like a lottery, one winner takes all. At least one guy/gal would be able to afford to be cured.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    FDA allows a certain amount of rat poop, rat hair and other "defects" in foods like peanut butter and several other manufactured foods. Its just considered unavoidable. When companies test for these levels and they are too high you think they throw the batch away? HELL NO, they just add more product until it passes.

Just the wonderful manufacturing world we live in....

"Grammar. The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts."

the half breed devil
    the only thing i've tasted more foul than cytomax was a year-old package of power bar's attempt at making an energy drink in individual packets.

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    The only people that benefit from these class action suits are the A**hole lawyers that gin them up. My apologies to the one or two non-A**hole lawyers that are rumored to exist somewhere.

Cheers
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race