Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

Ergon SM3 saddle

Anyone else anxious to try this new saddle from Ergon?

I'd rather be riding
    I am! But at the same time I like my saddle. Just all my other ergon stuff is awesome and I'm wondering if I'd like it more. The woes of a bike part whore.

AZ
    banned
    Love the Ergon grips but I believe that I will be keeping my current saddle.
    Last edited by AZ; 05-16-2012 at 06:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks nice but no more white saddles for me..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drblauston View Post
    Looks nice but no more white saddles for me..
    It comes in black as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Looks awesome, hope it acheives what body geometry saddles do.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by zippinveedub View Post
    I am! But at the same time I like my saddle. Just all my other ergon stuff is awesome and I'm wondering if I'd like it more. The woes of a bike part whore.
    +1.... I was fine with my standard grips, bought Ergons on a whim, never looked back.

I'd be interested in trying that saddle too, but I'm not sure if I can justify the $130 price tag...
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    +1.... I was fine with my standard grips, bought Ergons on a whim, never looked back.

I'd be interested in trying that saddle too, but I'm not sure if I can justify the $130 price tag...
    There is a cheaper model available as well. Less than $100, I believe.

Bro Mountainbiker
    I would test it out without question! Im always looking for a good one for the road bike.

Slr causes the least numbness

fizik arione versus is most comfortable on my sit bones after 50 miles

Every other one I have tried makes my weener numb 8===D
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

pyroclastic flow
    I am ready to put the money down on one. When will they be available? Going for the Pro Carbon
    "THE FACT IS THIS FRICTION WILL ONLY BE WORN BY PERSISTENCE"
    2009 PIVOT MACH 4

mtbr member
    I was told they would be available mid-april. But I haven't found them in stock anywhere yet.

High Desert MTBer
    I like the look, but I don't see the all-important width measurement. But if this hurts my butt like the grips hurt the heel of my hands, I am not in the market for one...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    I believe there are two widths small and large, 135mm and 145mm respectively.

mtbr member
    Estimated price?
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Looks neat, quality company, but I'll stick with my suspended leather. Can't really say more without actually sitting on it, you know?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    I would test it out without question! Im always looking for a good one for the road bike.

Slr causes the least numbness

fizik arione versus is most comfortable on my sit bones after 50 miles

Every other one I have tried makes my weener numb 8===D
    Try a Brooks, the best most comfy saddle IMO. Not cheap but look around feebay and Craigslist for a deal. You'll thank me later.
    Round and round we go

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Looks like Dirt Rag has a saddle in for testing....

First Impression: Niner Air 9 RDO | Dirt Rag Magazine

(And I still really want one.)
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

I4NI
    Looks good butt it took alot of saddles to make my but happy
    There....Are... Four...Lights!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just broke my saddle and am in need of a replacement asap. Had seen these a while ago, kind of bummed they still aren't shipping as I really don't want to wait. Tempted to buy something cheap just as a stopgap but I hate wasting money like that so I will likely go in a different direction. I have been very impressed with their grips and their overall philosophy, my guess is this one is a winner.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    I just broke my saddle and am in need of a replacement asap. Had seen these a while ago, kind of bummed they still aren't shipping as I really don't want to wait. Tempted to buy something cheap just as a stopgap but I hate wasting money like that so I will likely go in a different direction. I have been very impressed with their grips and their overall philosophy, my guess is this one is a winner.
    So I emailed Ergon re availability of the pro version in the team colors and was told they won't be shipping until June.

mtbr member
    Jenson is not expecting any until July.

Ergon Bike
    Just back from a 3 week road trip and finally seeing this SM3 conversation. Here is the latest on the SM3 Saddles for the USA/CAN market.....

- Arrival of all SM3 sizes and models will be early June '12. There was a late decision to make a change in production, hence the delay.

- Price point for the full range is $129-$229. All saddles utilize the same features. Price point is justified by materials use, ie: carbon rails, carbon shell, etc.

- Saddle available in 2 sizes; Small and Large. This is the widths in the saddles. Small is 135 mm and the Large is 145 mm.

- We do plan on offering a demo program to local bike shops where you the consumer can test ride. This option also available at events we attend.

Below is tech sheet for the saddle.

Post up any questions, I will answer them as I lurk around on MTBR.

Now for my personal opinion....
    I have been riding/racing since 1996, everything from XC to multi-day rides. The SM3 is special indeed! I have been riding the SM3 since Feb '12. In that time I have did a 11-day stage race, 110 mile road ride, and countless mtb rides and races. This is the only saddle that I have ridden that hasn't given me saddle sores. It is also the only saddle I have ridden where it feels like I am sitting "in" the saddle vs. "on' the saddle. For me, the saddle ranks up there with the Ergon grips as a game changer in its respective accessory category.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ergon SM3 saddle-erg_sm3_sit_bone_width_120413.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hey Jeff, do u have any shops in Tucson that are doing demos? Is there any way to know size without trying both? I currently ride a Silverado which I guess would be a small?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    saddle looks to wide.

mtbr member
    Itís always tempting to change to something new because itís new, but I now ride on a Specialized Phenon Expert in a 145mm after trying three other saddles. The Phenon is so comfortable for me that I donít even think about my @$$ anymore. Iíd hate to buy something new and not like it. It would just end up in my bike parts drawer with the other saddles. Maybe someday if my LBS has a demo, I may try it, until then ďif ainít brokeÖĒ
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast