Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty sweep View Post
    saddle looks to wide.

There are two widths, both being close to industry standards. I'm certain one of the two would fit most riders just fine.

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Hey Jeff, do u have any shops in Tucson that are doing demos? Is there any way to know size without trying both? I currently ride a Silverado which I guess would be a small?
    Demo program is being established now. Will announce it once we have shops on-board and the saddles fully arrive here in the USA.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    I've got to get a new saddle, my old WTB SST is falling apart. The price doesn't concern me although it is a large chunk of change to put down on a saddle that I hope works. What I want to know is, how well are they expected to hold up to a super clyde (I'm around 265 right now)?
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

Currently muddy
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ERGON View Post

- We do plan on offering a demo program to local bike shops where you the consumer can test ride. This option also available at events we attend.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA
    Hi Jeff,

Make sure you bring a couple to Mountain Bike Oregon in August. I'm in the market for a new saddle, so I'll hunt you down on day 1 to give it a thorough test.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    There are a few available on Ebay now:
    ergon sm3 | eBay

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Sm3

Quote Originally Posted by ERGON View Post
    Demo program is being established now. Will announce it once we have shops on-board and the saddles fully arrive here in the USA.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

Anything on the weights on the saddles. ty

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 5foldtravel View Post
    Anything on the weights on the saddles. ty
    Saddle weights listed on the Ergon website: ERGON BIKE ERGONOMICS

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Online dealer stock

Jeff, when will the bigger online dealers like Jenson, universal cycles, bikebling, have these? I've emailed all three, but no one has an answer. And lastly, any bigger delay on the SM3-L Pro (Black, 440 000 15) specifically?

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by hanklr View Post
    Jeff, when will the bigger online dealers like Jenson, universal cycles, bikebling, have these? I've emailed all three, but no one has an answer. And lastly, any bigger delay on the SM3-L Pro (Black, 440 000 15) specifically?
    As of this AM (June 22), a majority of the saddles are on the water headed for the USA/CAN market. A much smaller shipment is coming via air shipment for distributors and other pre-orders. They delay is caused by a high demand at the Worldwide level and the capacity to make the saddles, ie: handmade.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for the update. Looks like this will be a nice product.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Jeff,

What is the update now? I don't see that anyone has these for sale including the online store on ergon's site. I've had an sm3 pro on order through my LBS for several months now.

mtbr member
    Well, I finally got my SM3 saddle but didn't quite like it. I think I am going to sell it and try the wider version.

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by swade View Post
    Jeff,

What is the update now? I don't see that anyone has these for sale including the online store on ergon's site. I've had an sm3 pro on order through my LBS for several months now.
    We have 2 shipments coming to the USA; a small air shipment and a larger sea shipment. The air shipment is here as of 7/10/12. It is all SM3 and SM3 Pro in size Large. You can get them here: https://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/shop/category/saddles

Sea shipment is almost here. If your LBS ordered from us, they should expect that saddles any day now. If they ordered from a distributor, the wait will be a tad longer as distributor orders are placed and made on their own timeline.

Highly suggest checking with your LBS to see where they ordered from. This will give you a better understanding of the time frame.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just got the sm3 pro today and tried it out. The ride was about 5.5 miles of single track with a half dozen or so technical sections. Most of the trail is hard pack with areas of loose rocks and a few sandy washouts. First impressions are good. I expected to be at least uncomfortable if not sore after my first time on this saddle. I feel fine. The saddle felt sturdy but not uncomfortable. I love my ergon gs2 grips so I bought the saddle without being able to try it out first. I'm happy. Like any of Ergon's products, once you have it adjusted the way you like, it fits great. Not too much to say. It feels solid but not uncomfortable and once you have it tilted just right you almost "fit" right into it. It's really nice, looks good too.

sun of a gun
    Dec 2010
    Hey Jeff
    Interesting in this saddle but can you explain it there any difference between simple and pro version except carbon fibre baseplate and 10 gramms of weight? I am a bit limited in my funds so in my case weight is not an issue.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I contacted Ergon prior to my purchase with the same question. Here is their response sent to me in a message via facebook. "Jesse, you should purchase what you can afford. All the saddles are the same form and concept. Only difference is weight and materials used."

I would've got any of them I just found the pro online at a really good price. I paid 110 for the pro.

mtbr member
    Getting my SM3 Pro today. Hopefully get a chance to test it out on Sunday.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Would love to hear some more real world reviews of this saddle.

Any more news on a demo program?

mtbr member
    May 2010

Ride More, Whine Less
    Lawfarm--nice review and excellent photographs. I'm tempted on the saddle, but my heart is set on the GS2 grips at the moment.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Lawfarm--nice review and excellent photographs. I'm tempted on the saddle, but my heart is set on the GS2 grips at the moment.
    Well in that case...

Ergon GS1 Review | ridingagainstthegrain

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by lawfarm View Post
    More good stuff. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lawfarm View Post
    Have you try the Fizik Antares VS on any of your MTBs?

I have been running a Fizik Arione VS for the last month on my XC/ endurance bike. I love the long saddle and different positions that I can get as well as the narrow width and wings. I wanted a saddle with a channel and long length for seated climbs and so I could move my positions around a bit on long rides ( 4hrs+). . Only time will tell if it is durable enough since it is a "Road" saddle, but I am having fun with the experiment. If I can demo an Ergon I might try one since we seem to be looking for similar characteristics in a saddle and I know I am going to kill this Fizik before getting more than 2 -3 months out of it.

Falls-a-Lot
    Take my review with a grain of salt, since I'm a girl and have thus far only tried the saddle on my road bike (because I've been looking for a REALLY T-shaped saddle with a relief dent, rather than a cut-out. I've had the best luck with the Bontrager InForm Affinity saddle, but it's not as T-shaped as it could be and my gracilis muscles always end up feeling pretty beat-up by the 50 mile mark).

I have the size large base model saddle. It was good for a short ride, but on a longer ride I found it to not be as comfortable. It has a couple of ridges that run down the length of the saddle and by the end of a 30 miler I was REALLY feeling those ridges digging into my butt sort of midway between my sit-bones and my butt crack. The nose is a hair wide for road riding, as well.

I think it could be a good saddle for mountain biking or cyclocross, though (and I plan to put it on my CX bikes for Fall races), since my hinder isn't actually on the saddle nearly as much. I really suspect the suspension built into the saddle would be great on rough singletrack and roots (I LOVED it on bumps and crap on our poorly-maintaned MI roads). I'll be interested to see if Ergon does eventually come out with a road-specific version of the saddle and how it might differ. With a few changes to the design (narrower nose, lose the ridges, keep the suspension feature) it would be perfect as a road saddle. It's as firm as the firmest road saddles I've used, which I like.
    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '11 Redline Conquest Apex
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

lamer
    Can anyone that's tried both the SM3 and the Specialized Phenom saddle tell me how they compare?

I'm currently using a Phenom Comp Gel and thinking about upgrading to a Phenom Pro (the one with carbon rails) to drop some weight. The Phenom is comfortable enough, but if the SM3 is that much better I might just go with the SM3 Pro Carbon. The lack of a complete split in the middle of the saddle has me a little worried since it seems that there still might be a little pressure point in the relief area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast