Your bike is incorrigible

Enduro Max Blaster Fuel

I spent about four hours looking through websites at all the different kinds of drink/snack/after-ride-whatever I could buy. All of them are going to make me ride faster and longer, and I will be able to get up the next morning and do it all over again. Aren't science and technology wonderful?

So, what do you eat/drink/smoke/shoot up that you've found actually makes a difference in your performance? Also (be honest), just how much of a difference does said product really make?

I'll start. I only drink while on the bike, and I do so to replace electrolytes. I've used Ultima in the past (so so results) and am now trying out Cliffshot Electrolyte replenisher. I've found that, if I don't drink something to replace electrolytes, I will get horrible cramps afterward. Beyond that, though, I can't think of a time when I actually took a swig of something and found it gave me a sudden boost of power.

Flying Goat
    Cliff bars, they're great. After cycling 10 miles... eat a bar and you're good for another 10. They taste pretty good too...

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    Cliff bars, they're great. After cycling 10 miles... eat a bar and you're good for another 10. They taste pretty good too...
    Should have mentioned that I eat cliff bars/power bars/luna bars from time to time.

I guess I'm more interested in the over-hyped energy gels and drinks. I understand that they do some good, but I just wonder if eating a pbj wouldn't accomplish the same thing as eating GU gels or Cliffshot jello shots.