mtbr member
    Mar 2005

The Endurance 100 series in Park City, Utah

Just wanted to plug these events, as the 2004 version was OFF THE HOOK! Anyone serious about epic endurance races (or anyone that loves sugary-sweet single track) should check out any one of these races. Or course, the marquee event, the 100-mile race on August 27, just may be the creme de la creme of mountain-bike endurance races? Talk amongst yourselves...

The race course has the stats to make it one of the hardest 100-mile races, and the racer feedback backs it up. But the impressions left by this race go beyond elevation, altitude, etc. Boris has a unique passion for this sport (endurance racing) that comes through every time you speak with him. Last year, I admit to being a bit skeptical that an event like The Endurance 100, in it's inaugural running, could be such a smooth operation. But Boris really hit a home run. This year is even bigger - 3 events spread through the summer - but the quality is going to remain unchanged. In a word: awesome.

Do yourself a favor and check out any one of these events. The Endurance 100 12-Hour race is on a fantastic course in the heart of Park City. And once again, the 100-mile race takes place on a course with over 95 miles of amazing singletrack. Is The Endurance 100 hard? Yes, but almost everyone's 100-mile race is. The Endurance 100 stands out because of its beauty, its location, and most importantly, its promoter. Boris takes care of you as a racer: fully stocked aid stations with just about anything you could want to eat or drink, volunteers that overflow with enthusiasm and support, and a course so well-marked you'd have to try and get lost.

Trust me, this race will not dissapoint you!

I'm helping Boris (promoter) for 2005, so feel free to contact me directly with questions, etc. Hope to see you all out here!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

The Endurance100 REGISTRATION is OPEN

Greetings!

THE ENDURANCE 100, INC. IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT REGISTRATION
    http://www.thee100.com/registration.php ( MAIL - IN ONLY) IS NOW OPEN FOR ALL 2005 EVENTS!

AFTER IT'S HUGE SUCCESS IN 2004,
    / racers FEED BACK http://borisart.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39 /
    THE ENDURANCE 100 GETS EVEN BIGGER AND BETTER IN 2005 WITH 3 EVENTS
    HELD THROUGH OUT THE SUMMER!
    Testing the endurance of any rider, regardless of ability, each event features
    grueling solo options for the masochists as well as team categories (except for The Endurance 100 Solo)
    for those who want to just get a taste of endurance racing.

LOT'S OF EXCITING NEWS FOR 2005:

1. NEW OVERALL TITLE OF THE ENDURANCE 100 ATHLETE OFTHE YEAR will be awarded to
    the top male and female endurance racers for the series!
    We are creating a 12"X12" BRONZE PLAQUE for permanent display at Jan�s Mountain Outfitters in Park City,
    engraved with the names of the top male and female
    endurance racers for each year.
    BE A PART OF THE E100 HISTORY!
    Have bragging rights and fuel the fires for training in 2006!
    Additionally, the top 3 male and female racers for the series will receive smaller plaques to take home and proudly display.
    REGISTER FOR ALL 3 EVENTS AND RECEIVE A SPECIAL SWAG PACKAGE FROM THE E100, INC.
    Learn more on a points system and the awards on our web site.

2. This summer, The E100 introduces an exciting new event and venue:
    THE 12-HOURS OF ENDURANCE, Saturday, July 2 on the Round Valley trail system in the heart of Park City,
    in partnership with the National Ability Center with 100% of the site-fee benefiting programs for disabledcyclists.
    Test yourself against the clock as a solo rider or as a part of a 2- or 4-person team!

3. The Team Relay race in '04 was so popular that it gets its own event
    in 2005! On Saturday, July 23, The Endurance 100, Inc. presents
    THE ENDURANCE 100 TEAM RELAY AND 50-MILE SOLO RACES, starting at The Canyons Resort
    and featuring the same epic single track found in The Endurance 100 100-mile course.
    Tackle the whole course as a team of 2-5 riders or sample the first 50-miles as a solo racer.
    Either way, you get a tasty preview of the marquee event for 2005...

4. THE ENDURANCE 100 SOLO 100-MILE, 100-KM OR 50-MILE RACES,
    held Saturday, August 27. Featuring the same brutal, breath-taking, and beautiful course as in 2004,
    The Endurance 100 100-mile solo race starts and finishes at The Canyons Resort
    and winds through the Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley and
    Park City municipal trails to the tune of 18,627 feet of elevation gain.
    Not up for 100-miles yet? Pick your poison: 50-miles or 100-km of epic single
    track racing to challenge every endurance racer, regardless of ability and experience level.

Want your local shop or place of business to spread the word about The Endurance 100?
    Contact us via email or phone and we'll send out a promotional packet full of our posters and postcards.
    WE WILL REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP IN PROMOTING THE E 100 EVENTS.

As always, The Endurance 100, Inc. wants your feedback!
    Drop us a line via e-mail or phone with any questions or comments,
    and be sure to check out The Endurance 100 chat site regularly.
    We'll be posting valuable event information on our chat room and
    it's also a good site for discussing training tips, nutrition advice, or equipment choices.

WE ALSO ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO CHECK IN ON JONATHAN BAKER,
    / http://borisart.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41 / a good friend of The E100
    who finished an amazing 8th place, in 12 hours and 33 minutes, in the 100-mile solo race in 2004 -
    just 12 weeks after completing high-dose chemotherapy.
    But Jonathan's most important endurance race, the race against cancer, isn't over yet,
    so we've created a thread for anyone to post words of hope and encouragement.
    GOOD LUCK JONATHAN!

Happy training to all of you!
    See you soon on the trails!

Boris Lyubner

Event Promoter
    THE ENDURANCE100, INC.

www.thee100.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

SS chart room on The E 100 web site

Due to very big interest on MTBR Single Speed forum to The E 100 races
    I decided to open new Single Speedtopic on The E 100 chart room.
    Here is SS racers posts in one spot with their thoughts, Q&A and opinions.
    http://borisart.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9

Best regards,

Boris

www.thee100.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

The 12 Hours Of Endurance.

THE 12 HOURS OF ENDURANCE.
    10 Miles loop of beautiful single track trail with 1300 ft. of gain elevation.
    It is great course for Single Speed riders.
    Check out TOPO map and Directions on racecourse page http://www.thee100.com/race_course.php

Go ride it. You will enjoy it.

Cheers,

Boris
    www.thee100.com

mtbr member
    Hey Boris, That looks like a killer course. I think psychologically I could deal with a 100 miles better with a course like that where you're not doing laps and it's mostly all singletrack. I've ridden in Park City/Deer Valley and the trails are great. I love how you've hooked 'em all up.
    A friend and I are planning on doing theE100. It should be a great event. We're looking forward to it. I just can't decide if I'm going to do the 50mi, 100K, or full 100mi. I'm assuming you have to decide before the start?
    Last edited by KRob; 06-15-2005 at 11:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Hey Boris, That looks like a killer course. I think psychologically I could deal with a 100 miles better with a course like that where you're not doing laps and it's mostly all singletrack. I've ridden in Park City/Deer Valley and the trails are great. I love how you've hooked 'em all up.
    A friend and I are planning on doing theE100. It should be a great event. We're looking forward to it. I just can't decide if I'm going to do the 50mi, 100K, or full 100mi. I'm assuming you have to decide before the start?

Hi KRob,

The idea behind The Endurance 100 series is to give racers opportunity
    to challenge themselves, to educate them about different races
    from HARD /12 Hours of Endurance /
    to HARDER / The E 100 Team Relay & 50 mile Solo /
    to THE HARDEST / The E100 with 100 M, 100 K and 50 M Solo races /.
    12 HOURS OF ENDURANCE - this event will introduce athletes to
    the great summer outdoor activities in Park City;
    lay the foundation for team members to start their journey into the sport of
    team endurance racing, and help others merely fine tune their skills.
    The race will include the following categories: solo, two-person team, two-person co-ed
    and a four person open division team.
    The E 100 TEAM RELAY and 50 Mile SOLO race -
    The 100mile team relay will cover the entire course, during which teams composed
    of 2 to 5 riders will compete / Grand Total of The E 100 racecourse:
    100 miles of rolling alpine single track trail with a total gain of 18,627 ft. /
    Each team member will race a section, or multiple sections of the course.
    50 Mile racers will have finish in Deer Valley Silver Lake area after riding
    2 &1/2 stages of the course.
    The ENDURANCE 100 SOLO EVENTS - In addition to 100-mile solo race,
    this event will offer both 50 mile and 100K OPTIONS to racers not ready to race the 100-mile distance.

So, there is my answer your questions:
    1. With your friend do 12 hour race as team of TWO / racecourse is 10 miles with 1300 ft. gain elevation
    and as Relay team one is riding for a one hour, another is waiting and resting;
    2. You race in the second event as 50 mile solo race;
    3. After you Solo 50 mile race experience you will decide for yourself on what distance you would like
    to challenge.

Enjoy, go riding and don�t hesitate to ask me more questions.

Cheers,

Boris

www.thee100.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Dear Friends,

Time sure has been flying. It�s been two weeks since our very successful Team Relay / 50 MILE solo event.
    The results are on our web site and to find your photos from the event please visit
    our photographer�s site http://www.joaquimhailer.com/findphoto.php?eventid=82.

The Endurance 100 grant finale of the season is coming up on August 27 with 100 mile, 100 K and 50 mile solo races.
    So far, registration has been going great. The early registration deadline (August 13) is approaching,
    so sign up soon. We still have few North Face hydration packs for those who sign up for all three races.

We are pleased to announce that The E100 was selected by Cannondale
    to launch their new line of XC bikes.
    Legendary Cannondale endurance racer Tinker Juarez raced in our July 23, 50 mile solo event.
    Now, his company is inviting editorial people from bicycling magazines to participate
    in the August event on Cannondale bikes.

The event schedule and information are at: http://borisart.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38

As a lot of you already know, the100 mile racecourse can be very challenging and tricky.
    Please study the racecourse maps with directions on our web site at
    http://www.thee100.com/race course.php.
    To help everyone learn the course we left the marking flags from the July 23 event on the course.
    So, download the maps and try to pre-ride each stage of the course You'll enjoy it.
    We will do our best to mark the course but remember that it is the racers responsibility to know the racecourse.
    Once again, we will start group pre-rides for each section of The E100 racecourse:
    Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. - Jan's at 1600 Park Ave;
    Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. - White Pine Touring at 1685 Bonanza.
    Please let us know if you are coming to group ride.

Visit our BIKE TALK chat room with useful information about event schedules,
    the race course, tips on training and nutrition from HAMMER NUTRITION (http://borisart.com/phpBB2/index.php).
    To order products from the HAMMER NUTRITION web site - just thank them for their great support of the event.

The next E100 event on August 27th will require the help and dedication of many people.
    We are offering a great "SCHWAG" package to anyone who volunteers.
    Spread the word about this great event---invite your friends, family, neighbors,
    and fellow bike club members to be a volunteer.
    For more information go to http://www.borisart.com/e100/volunteers.php

We will see you on the trails.

Best regards,

Boris Lyubner
    Event Promoter

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

The E 100 Registratin '06

Exclusive early registration will be open on January 15 to sign on for all three events.

EVENTS RACE SCHEDULE FOR 2006:

1. The 12 Hours of Endurance – June 24
    2. Team Relay/50 Mile solo – July 22
    3. The Endurance 100 Solo – August 26

All information about each race is on individual EVENTS web page - http://thee100.com.

We have very ambitious goal for 2006 - to present The E100 as REALITY TV Show.
    Our focus will be on inspiring and promoting healthy life styles.
    o For participants in The E100 races it is much more than just an exciting sport competition - it is personal achievement.
    Attention. Participants in all three events will receive SPECIAL Swag Award/ over $120 in retail value / and opportunity to be in Reality TV show.
    Registration in all three events will require a short resume/ written assay/ video on why they will be great candidates for Reality show. This will allows producers to interview, videotape and follow up with selected athletes for future TV programs.

We are looking not just for “pro” athletes – contenders for winning the events but for racers with interesting characters, personal stories and goals.

TEAM POINT SERIES. In the registration form, racers can put down their team/ club names including web site address. Athletes will be able to earn points for their clubs/ teams with final awards and publicity for TEAM POINTS Series winners.

TV teasers from ’05 event are now on our web site where you will also find and buy our distinctive The E 100 cycling clothes from Castelli, posters and limited edition prints.

We will keep you informed through our email list.
    To subscribe or update your email go to http://borisart.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi

We are looking forward for exciting 2006 race season.

Keep spinning,

Boris Lyubner
    President

The Endurance 100, Inc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Dear Friends,

The final week before our July 22 event is here!

Due to the big construction projects it has taken us extra time to re-rout the racecourse and still provide 100 Miles of beautiful single track. I am happy to report that the racecourse looks even better and more rider friendly than last year. We have all trails marked and ready for the events, thanks to many volunteers who helped me during the week.

All racecourse maps and directions with the new changes are on our web site. I had a lot of help from Greg Roth from www.singletracktreks.com. Thank you Greg, you are a real trooper.

Registration is going very well. You still can register on-line until this Friday, or at Pre EVENT Registration on July 21.
    If you just did the 12 Hour event, you still can register for our two other events to become a TRIPLE CROWN SERIES MEMBER. You will receive an EXTRA Award package, valued at over $120, with MAXXIS tire, TIMBERLAND shoe gift certificate and HEADSWEATS The E100 race hat.

Please review the Athletes Schedule on our web site.

This events SWAG will include a Wristband from Challenge Athletes Foundation, brochures from our sponsors, Hammer Nutrition samples, One Raffle ticket, a pair of socks JANS/White Pine and The E 100 water bottle.

Pre Registration is mandatory. We will have free cold Budweiser Beer and RED BULL for racers at the finish lines at DV / 50 M / and The Canyons /Team Relay/.

Please come for the Awards ceremony on SUNDAY to receive awards and to win raffle prizes from our sponsors.
    Buy extra raffle tickets and win more prizes!

It would be useful to find some The E 100 participants who own the Garmin Edge 205/305 or Garmin 60CSx GPS units and are willing to collect track data and allow us to upload the data to MotionBased.com and download the data to mapping software. We would like to collect data of the individual stages during training rides and during the actual race. Please contact Stan Plaisier at splaisier@mwutah.com or 435-655-0789 to coordinate the data collection if you are interested.

Study the course, be healthy and we will see you this Friday.

Cheers,

Boris Lyubner

www.TheE100.com