mtbr member
    Dec 2007

mtbr member
    What distrubuters will this be avaliable from?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    the electronic gripshift is part of a project of Black Cat Bone, electronic shifting ( trigger or grip ) and if U want, electronic suspension management with one unit...
    More info will certainly follow, at this moment they are running prototype test on real bikes...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I know its a prototype and it does look good. But I wonder if their is any performance improvements with this technology?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    here is a quote out of the presentation of their project:

Today BCB has developed its own design of the complete transmission system using CAD tools that show how would be the first version of the system. A complete new concept quite close of a commercial product.
    But beside of the scoop connected with the possibility of develop and sell the first robotic bicycle, when we decided to design this system, we decided to attack all the points that the experience told us that were possible to improve: Electronic gripshifters with adjustable nail force (clicks) by ball/spring preload, triggers fully configurable and reversible, RD with a new chain tensioner cage kinematic that combine the chain slack capacity of a long cage with the lower torsion torque in extreme cog/chainring combinations typical of a short cage, (it is the only system in the world combining the benefits of a long cage and short cage RD). We also used industrial design criteria when the system was designed in order to get a clean and fresh image, trying to combine aesthetics and function.

I've seen some cad designs and I find them looking very "factory" and industrial, without fringes. So far it looks sweet, hope the end product will also...