Thread: Egg Beater SL

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Egg Beater SL

I am having one hell of a time getting these off my bike. The funny thing is I just put them on by hand after the 24 hours of Moab race when I shipped my bike back. When removing the left pedal I should be pushing the allen wrench down in the same direction you pedal? So looking from the inside of the crank arm it would be clockwise?

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    loosen towards the back, tighten towards the front. works for both pedals as the left one if reverse or left hand thread. but in my head i don't even think about that anymore, just which end of the bike to turn it towards
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markf
    loosen towards the back, tighten towards the front. works for both pedals as the left one if reverse or left hand thread. but in my head i don't even think about that anymore, just which end of the bike to turn it towards
    Sweet thanks! I got the right pedal off now I need to work on the left. I had been trying to loosen it by torquing it forward . Looks like I am going to have to work at it to get it off now. So I will start torquing it towards the back of the bike.