Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Ed Mcmahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and now...

pedal pusher
    Don't forget David Carradine.

That's 5. They usually drop in 3's.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    Don't forget David Carradine.

That's 5. They usually drop in 3's.
    Actually, they usually drop by the millions or so per week, we just don't care about the other 999,997 or so.

Beasley
    jeez thats crazy.

^ That's what I do
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper 29er (modified)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The devil must be calling in some favors this week

Brad
    1993 Nishiki Manitoba
    2009 Specialized Hardrock Sport in satin bronze
    2009 DiamondBack Lux the wifes

Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    Actually, they usually drop by the millions or so per week, we just don't care about the other 999,997 or so.
    DING DING DING DING !!!!! We have our winning post, everone just move along /thread. Thanks, kapusta - my thoughts exactly...... I wish the fascination with celebrities would go away.... I don't really care, other than that it's sad for friends and family, just like the others that die every week, as you said.
    In fact, I heard that when Farrah went to heaven, she asked God for one wish, and God, seeing that she'd so valiantly battled cancer for all this tine, granted it to her..... her wish ?? "For all the children of the world to be safe...." His response ???? He took Michael J from this Earth

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

We should care more about them, they often have far more tragic stories, but since they don't get shoved down our throats by rampant media, we don't seem to get that they were moms, dads, sisters, brothers, sons, and daughters too.

Golly gonna miss all those folks, I knew them soooo well, they were all at my wedding, birthday parties etc......

Pop star media coverage sucks.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    If you don't like the coverage then don't click it, don't read it, don't reply to it. Just remember- Billy Mays "CAN ADD BLING TO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING!"

Fahn

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The Devil must be calling for help down there.
    Examine your soul,It's never too late to repent.
    Just kidding guys,the oxy cleaner dude was kind of annoying with his voice.
    MJ was asked by some press, why he is now white.
    He denied any artificial aid to his face.
    We'r talking about some evil people who made a fortune thanks to average beings like you and I.
    Are we really sorry?

mtbr member
    Farrah, Michael, and Billy Mays in heaven

After entering the Pearly Gates, St Peter welcomed Farrah and told her she could have one wish granted for her long suffering. Without hesitation she wished that all the children in the world would be safe!

Back on earth at that very moment Michael Jackson dropped dead.

Then, when Michael approached the Pearly Gates, St. Peter asked him what he wanted. Michael said he needed someone to make a pitch for him to God.

Poor Billy Mays never knew what hit him...
    :wq

Always Learning
    Let's hope the other 999,999 weren't found with a rope tied around their genitals, slung over the coat rack, tied around their necks, with a smile and a two fisted grip on Mr. Happy....

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I sure as hell want that mini-hamburger slider maker thingy that Billy slings on TV.
    build a man a fire keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life.

mtbr member
    Last week Micheal Jackson was a crazy child molester with the face of a Praying Mantis, this week he was a loving, caring pop star with a heart of gold. That makes sense.

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron04
    Last week Micheal Jackson was a crazy child molester with the face of a Praying Mantis, this week he was a loving, caring pop star with a heart of gold. That makes sense.
    Yeah, that seems about right. So quickly people forget how dispicable someone was once they drop dead. Let's not forget this dude also lived well beyond his means, and was 10's (or hundreds) of millions of dollars in debt at the end of his life. Oh, but he could sing and dance like a clown, so I guess we should all remember him fondly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    he effectively had what amounts to an endless supply of money.. theres a reason they kept extending him debt and he wasnt claiming bankruptcy.

he was pretty smart with some investments.. he bought up music rights and stuff like that, it ensured something like 50 million dollars a year, even if he just sat on his ass and did nothing at all. his debt will be paid, fast, and start accumulating a gagillion dollars for his kids. he WAS hundreds of millions in debt.. but thats kinda like a normal person having a good job and a 200k house note.

as person, im not all that concerned or impacted by his death.. but it IS the death of a music icon. elvis was a fat, broke drug addict disgusting slob when he died, it was kind of the same thing.

thread killer
    Any one know if the Shamwow guy has an alibi?
    I'm just saying
    next time

[QUOTE=spazzy] Might as well sell your bikes, E-riding is much more productive.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    and my Uncle Harry. WWII Vet RIP

it's....
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF-IDK
    Any one know if the Shamwow guy has an alibi?
    I'm just saying
    Sully is the prime suspect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer
    Sully is the prime suspect.
    I don't know, that shamwow guy does have beady eyes and he did just have some problems with the law! I heard he was envious of May's new found celebrity, I think he whacked him! He wants the Oxyclean and Weed Aug account so bad he can taste it!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ed was old, Fara had cancer, and Mike hasn't done anything of value for about 15 years. I like how the media is all about "missing" them. They don't give a crap, they just want you to watch the tube. Now Billy is a different story. I love that show pitchmen. And now I have to see that Shamwow guy everywhere. "You're gonna love my nuts!"

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    Never saw Pitchmen. But I was deff not a fan of the heavy-handed, 70's Used Car Dealer throwback style of his televised sales pitches, made to sell things people didnt need that functioned like cheap garbage, or in the case of Mighty Putty, didnt function right at all. He filled the states with buyer's regret and profited, knowing the extent of bad reviews of his products and what he was doing to ppl, and didnt think twice.

I didnt buy his products, but my mother is too trusting, and was swindled in such a way, and I'll admit it.. I feel worse about MJ passing on. Call me bitter, but he took advantage of a lot of trusting ppl.
    Be excellent to each other.

...idios...

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red
    Never saw Pitchmen. But I was deff not a fan of the heavy-handed, 70's Used Car Dealer throwback style of his televised sales pitches, made to sell things people didnt need that functioned like cheap garbage, or in the case of Mighty Putty, didnt function right at all. He filled the states with buyer's regret and profited, knowing the extent of bad reviews of his products and what he was doing to ppl, and didnt think twice.

I didnt buy his products, but my mother is too trusting, and was swindled in such a way, and I'll admit it.. I feel worse about MJ passing on. Call me bitter, but he took advantage of a lot of trusting ppl.

He just helped sell the products. He didn't make them and doesn't own the rights to them. Sorry about your mom buying that stuff. The Shamwow sucks too.

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepito
    He just helped sell the products. He didn't make them and doesn't own the rights to them. Sorry about your mom buying that stuff. The Shamwow sucks too.
    Her friend got the Shamwow, I'm told you're right, it does suck.

Cant trust anything being sold on television. The only televised product to have ever "worked out" for anyone I know (and myself after seeing) was the Magic Bullet, that was sold by its inventor I believe.

Every time I see an infomercial like that, I lose another piece of faith in this consumer culture of ours. When the market is too dumb to decide, or so mindless that its fooled by flashy colors and rapid talking, then all the purported advantages of capitalism towards greater society are illusions & lies. There is some hope though.. with the internet, and reviews and direct-from-user feedback to cut through the layers of compacted dung these marketing ppl weave around their garbage-wares.

I'm sorry for his family though, I know that no matter how much you dislike someone, theres someone out there who loves them, and this must have come sudden, as he did look young, even with that beard. I hope that with at least his wealth, his family is secure and can find peace.. it could be why he was doing it all.
    Be excellent to each other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast