mtbr member

Easton Havoc AM 15mm axle adapter

I'd guess from various forums that a whole bunch of riders bought the Easton Havoc AM wheels when they were being closed-out at bargain-basement prices. Had mine a year now and they've delivered great performance. Has anyone actually ever seen the 15mm axle adapter? Many have looked for it but I don't know anyone who has actually scored one. Called Easton yesterday and they actually denied that it ever existed... on the other hand, the person that answered the phone was seriously grouchy. She actually insisted that NO adapters had ever been made. I indicated that my wheel-set was shipped with both 9mm and 20mm caps. That only seemed to irritate the customer service professional more. So Easton is out as a source. Does anyone have the alleged adapter who might be willing to measure it for me so I can get a local machine shop to make one? For some reason, the pictures I've seen of the mysterious adapter show a threaded sleeve and two caps vs. the simple caps of the 9mm and 20mm. Don't quite understand that, but figure it would be obvious if I had the item in hand. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Any luck finding an adapter?

mtbr member
    Zero. It seems like every other wheel in this category comes with all the adapters or they are readily available. Love my Easton wheels but would never buy from them again based on this experience. Not sure what I'll do when I break a spoke. Toss the wheelset?
    I ended up getting a 20mm lower assembly for my RS Reba fork, which works great. After all, 20mm is 33% better than 15mm...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I know this thread is old but hopefully my info can help someone. I have a set of 2006-2008 Easton AM hubs. The front hub came set up for 9mm skewer and included 20mm conversion adapters for bolt through axles.

http://www.eastoncycling.com/bike/wp...AM_Havoc_F.pdf

I upgraded to a Fox Float 32 fork which is setup for a 15mm QR hub. I called Easton and they told me they never created adapters to convert these hubs to 15mm QR and the don't know of any company that makes them. Well, Hope Technology makes part# HUB441 to convert their Pro 2 EVO front hub to 15QR.

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modul...ntExploded.pdf

They looked so close in design to the Easton AM hubs that I decided to order them through Amazon $27. Amazon.com: Hope Pro2 15mm E-Thru Axle Conversion Caps: Sports & Outdoors

Figured I could have them machined if necessary. I received them and they are an EXACT fit into the Easton AM hub. I mean they fit like they were designed exactly for the Easton hub. The measurement across the outer faces of the adapters is 99mm and the Fox fork spacing is 100mm. Who knows, maybe they were the one that made the early Easton hubs.

I was so thrilled. Thank you Hope Technology!
    Last edited by minglett; 06-06-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: new links

mtbr member
    You are my hero! I've been looking for years and finally ended up getting 20mm lowers for my Reba, but now, I can get the Hope adapters and use these wheels on another bike. Thanks for posting.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Did you just get the end caps or do you need the centre tube as well?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Just the end caps. That was all that was needed if you are using them on an Easton Havoc AM front hub.

They are exactly these items:
    Amazon.com: Hope Pro2 15mm E-Thru Axle Conversion Caps: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

... and if we just ... Havoc 15 mm thru conversion kit

Quote Originally Posted by minglett View Post
    Just the end caps. That was all that was needed if you are using them on an Easton Havoc AM front hub.

They are exactly these items:
    Amazon.com: Hope Pro2 15mm E-Thru Axle Conversion Caps: Sports & Outdoors
    Hi Guys, the 15 mm thru conversion kit for Easton Havoc AM front hubs are on sale at Hibike in Germany and I am just about to put a brand new one up on ebay . Regards Colin