mtbr member
    Jun 2007

EA70 flat bar or Speciaized Enduro riser bar??

I'm not sure what bars to get as both are around the same price. Well the EA70 is second hand but a lot lighter and apparently better but I thought I'd ask u guys before I make a purchase.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Depends on your riding style. I can't ride a riser mainly for the reason that they don't feel like a bar should to me. The EA70 will be narrower so you might feel like you have less control descending, while the riser will be wider and might make you feel incredibly upright while climbing.

So the questions that should be considered are, What kinda bike are you putting it on? Are you a racer or a rec. rider? Do you really need to save the weight?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    well i do a bit of DH and XC but there arnt many dh tracks around where i live so i guess i do xc.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I vote for the riser. The wider the better. Mine're 28" wide (on both my 5" travel Enduro and my SS) and I love the comfort and control.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Quack Attack
    I have the EA70 flat. I ride mostly XC though and the geometry of my ride makes flat a better option.
    2011 Ibis Mojo SL-R & 2008 Giant Trance X0

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I vote for the riser. The wider the better. Mine're 28" wide (on both my 5" travel Enduro and my SS) and I love the comfort and control.

fp
    Yep, like Finch said....the wider the better.