mtbr member

Dropper Seatpost - like Specialized Command but 27.2

I like the Specialized Command Seatpost on my new Full Suss so much - I want one for my hardtail - a Specialized Stumpjumper HT. But the Stumpie needs a 27.2mm seatpost, so the Command Post won't fit.
    What's the closest out there - mechanical, three position - to the Command Post that is available in this size? I found a couple on Ebay - TMARS, SATORI SORATA PRO - but am a bit uncertain about going down the budget route...

the Chain Guy

mtbr member
    Thomson Dropper post.
    KS Lev.
    X Fusion HILO.

mtbr member
    Just been reading some reviews on the Gravity Dropper and that looks a possibility..

On the other hand Thomson, KS Lev and X-Fusion , if I am not mistaken, are all hydraulic with infinite adjustment - just what I have seen failing in use on my mates' bikes. I ride a lot, in varied terrain and all weather, and so reliability is a key issue for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any of the gravity dropper knockoffs will work.

mtbr member
    So is that basically what both the TMARS and SATORI are? A lot of what I buy is leading brands but I have been really impressed with my "knock-off" lights - at a fraction the price.
    Going back to dropper seatposts though - I am a complete newbie on this topic hence the post for advice - thanks so far. I am not looking to buy the cheapest regardless of quality and function - but if the cheapies work just as well...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpjumperUK View Post
    So is that basically what both the TMARS
    I have a TMARS post and it's been pretty good, but did need taking apart and properly greasing when it was new. In almost a year nothing has broken on it, but it has always been a bit wobbly.

I also have Gravity dropper and that's been going strong since 2007, in that time a couple of cables and a new remote lever (crash damage) are all it's needed.

As far as function goes, both are quite clunky, the Thomson post is a lot smoother compared to the click-up-click-down action of those two. They've been pretty reliable as well (sold a few, own none myself), but obviously cost more than triple the TMARS unit and about 70 more than a GD.