View Poll Results: Do you think Armstrong doped?

Voters
533. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. He never did

50 9.38%
  • Yup, but I didn't think so until recently.

118 22.14%
  • Yup, knew it all along.

156 29.27%
  • Yup, but he should keep his titles cause the USADA is bs

169 31.71%
  • Nope, but I'm starting to have doubts.

40 7.50%
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Do you believe Lance Armstrong is clean?

Just curious what public opinion is.

Pro Crastinator
    nobody gives a flying fvck...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    nobody gives a flying fvck...
    You might not care but it is something that matters to a lot people.

After all that has happened, all that has been said, all that has been alleged, I still hope that he was clean. That is what's in my heart.
    My brain tells me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    hell no

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I voted yes, but he should still keep his titles:
    -partly because I think the USADA is BS.
    -partly because it was endemic in the late 90's and early mid 2000's.
    I don't think that there many who made it into the GC top 20, without doping and their team mates had to dope to help them. It should be the team managers and the UCI taking the rap for this not individual cyclists; it was a systemic problem not fraud or abuse by an individual.
    I think the USADA is BS because I don't see what good muck racking through ancient history to witch hunt an individual has to do with their stated mission of protecting atheletes who don't cheat. All they are doing is tying up resources and budgets that should be used to protect todays atheletes over a sport that has done a lot more than most to clean up its act over the last few years. This appears to me to be either a personal vendetta or publicity stunt by USADA and its management.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJon View Post
    I voted yes, but he should still keep his titles:
    -partly because I think the USADA is BS.
    -partly because it was endemic in the late 90's and early mid 2000's.
    I don't think that there many who made it into the top GC top 20, without doping and their team mates had to dope to help them. It should be the team managers and the UCI taking the rap for this not individual cyclists; it was a systemic problem not fraud or abuse by an individual.
    I think the USADA is BS because I don't see what good muck racking through ancient history to witch hunt an individual has to do with their stated mission of protecting atheletes who don't cheat. All they are doing is tying up resources and budgets that should be used to protect todays atheletes over a sport that has done a lot more than most to clean up its act over the last few years. This appears to me to be either a personal vendetta or publicity stunt by USADA and its management.

Yes, this.

Ride More, Whine Less
    To be honest, I had the thought he took steroids in 2000 and 2001. His legs were enormous. Much greater than any you see on the tour these days. I told myself then it was the dedication to the sport. I didnt think he could pass the tests otherwise. I should have listened to my intuition. Today, I know he is guilty. Nonetheless, I admire what he was able to do on the bike. I'm still a fan of Lance. Always will be. We all have faults. But, it is time to move on. He needs to come clean, pay the piper and go on living and doing his thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    10, 15 years ago, who didn't dope?

banned
    Oct 2012
    No option for HELL NO!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    No but he is the winner and should so remain.

mtbr member
    It does not matter what one believes, what matters is actual Evidence, Belief is in something you are not certain of. So from the lack of Evidence I KNOW Lance is Innocent.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Yes, I do think he "doped".

No, I do not think he should be punished in any way. It should be either an undisputed positive test, or proper legal process for "non-analytic" accusations. Civil court level, witnesses under oath etc., not arbitration by a vindictive private company hired to run Olympic anti-doping and trying hard to get into business with all professional sports.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Here are the options:

He doped, and beat others that were doping.

He didn't dope, and beat others that were doping.

At this point, who really gives a flying f[_]ck?

Cow Clicker
    Whether or not you think the USADA is BS or not, there are regulatory organizations and rules of participation. If you break the rules or are found guilty of breaking the rules, there are consequences.

Personally, I think athletes should be able to pump their bodies with whatever makes them go faster. Rules are stupid.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    If you break the rules or are found guilty of breaking the rules, there are consequences.
    Sure, fail a test, lose a title. Landis, Contador... very simple.

It is the selective and dubious prosecution of non-analytical "positive" that gives me a serious doubt.

mtbr member
    Heard the journalist dissecting the start of the 1000 pages of evidence and it's quiet obvious by the facts of the independent report not only is he guilty but the lengths that he went too cheat so what if everyone was doing it that doesn't make it right he's a fraud simple and should be stripped of his titles, I actually think the whole sport will have to earn its integrity after this as it seems they were all and it, fair enough he's a good at his sport and raising money but sport is about fairness which these "sportsmen" seem to have forgotten

mtbr member
    Oh footnote for people who don't care why write on this thread ... Just a thought

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupy777 View Post
    Heard the journalist dissecting the start of the 1000 pages of evidence
    Evidence is something obtained under a proper legal process. Interviews with people conducted by a third party (with considerable influence over those people) is not "evidence". It is a food for thought, nothing more.

In any case, dead horse.

mtbr member
    Heard the journalist dissecting the start of the 1000 pages of evidence and it's quiet obvious by the facts of the independent report not only is he guilty but the lengths that he went too cheat so what if everyone was doing it that doesn't make it right he's a fraud simple and should be stripped of his titles, I actually think the whole sport will have to earn its integrity after this as it seems they were all and it, fair enough he's a good at his sport and raising money but sport is about fairness which these "sportsmen" seem to have forgotten
    Yah I agree he's guilty but was that written with google translator ?

mtbr member
    Do you not think many lawyers have went threw this, if it's not fact I'm sure he will challenge it I would if I had millions and was innocent but we'll have to wait and see. Also people saying its out of jealousy all these people (11 ex team mates ) must have major green eye monster to out themselves as doping cheats just to get lance into trouble ?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    if it's not fact I'm sure he will challenge
    Where? Court already dismissed that correctly stating that this is a dispute between two private parties. Nothing to challenge.

mtbr member
    Do you not think many lawyers have went threw this, if it's not fact I'm sure he will challenge it I would if I had millions and was innocent but we'll have to wait and see. Also people saying its out of jealousy all these people (11 ex team mates ) must have major green eye monster to out themselves as doping cheats just to get lance into trouble ?

Do you have any idea how hard your posts are to read? I seriously hate to play grammar nazi, but really, learn a little bit about sentence struction and punctuation.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Whether or not you think the USADA is BS or not, there are regulatory organizations and rules of participation. If you break the rules or are found guilty of breaking the rules, there are consequences................

I have only passively followed this process, but part of what is galling to a lot of people is that the USADA didn't really follow the rules either. It seems that they went back on things that were past the time limits and things like that. Just the way they went about seems to be troubling to a lot of people. The organization charged with enforcing the rules should also adhere to them.

There are a lot of things about our legal system here in the U.S that are like that. Guilty people go free sometimes because when everything is done by the rules the prosecutors just can't get over the hurdle of innocent until proven guilty. Not a perfect system, but on balance it is a dam good one and serves us well.

Again, I haven't followed it very closely, so if I am wrong I will stand corrected and not put up an argument.

Since I posted, I guess I should answer the OP question.

I think it looks overwhelming that he was on the juice. That said, I see the point others are making that it was a dirty era and it also seems overwhelming that the guys he was competing against were on it too.

I don't know how you sort it out now. It is just a bad deal all the way around.

Sadly, all the people that think this will heal and clean the sport up will be disappointed when the next batch of cheaters get caught. And they will. There will always be people who cheat and try to cheat. Does anyone really believe that the smart guys won't be able to stay one step ahead of the labs?

This is a big part of why I really don't put a whole lot of focus on professional sports. It is fun to watch a ball game once in a while, but why get wrapped around the axle about sports? Honestly, if the fans didn't get so worked up about it and pay so much money and idolize the stars, the money and fame wouldn't be there.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard your posts are to read? I seriously hate to play grammar nazi, but really, learn a little bit about sentence struction and punctuation.
    I don't think English is his first language. His profile says Belfast.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yes but who didn't in those days? And yes, the USADA is BS.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast