View Poll Results: Do you think Armstrong doped?

Voters
533. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. He never did

50 9.38%
  • Yup, but I didn't think so until recently.

118 22.14%
  • Yup, knew it all along.

156 29.27%
  • Yup, but he should keep his titles cause the USADA is bs

169 31.71%
  • Nope, but I'm starting to have doubts.

40 7.50%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Evolutionsverlierer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    DJ, Yes thats the same Aussie doco that SV11 is talking about,.
    He is just repeating the post he made before SV11 made his.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    He is just repeating the post he made before SV11 made his.
    God help me and god help this thread.................
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    BTW mono, I do follow and love the sport... But that not the issue.... In fact, the issue here isn't if LA is guilty or innocent..... Right now it's all "circumstantial evidence... And last time I checked, you are innocent tell proven guilty by a jury of your peers... But I'm not even saying LA is innocent.... I'm saying all along, I'm not judging him... The point u are failing to understand is.... IT'S NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONE IS DOING IT.... Are you able to handle that truth? I said the "difference of a college superstar and a millionaire sports star is the width of a needle"... But u wouldn't except that , that's why you lash on your insults to the ones who are caught..... What if I told you that 90% of the tour in some form or fashion are taking PEDs... At one time or another in their careers. Same thing in professional football....and many others...if fact, it wasn't till lately HGH could be identified! So until there is a 100% fool proof method of testing and that includes not just one race but you one has ever taken any drug to improve their proformance ... Well then y'all are just wasting your breathe.... Because the list of superstars that have never been caught will change that " stupid "OMG- he is a cheater "! view forever . IT'S NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONE DOING IT

Evolutionsverlierer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradpreo View Post
    IT'S NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONE DOING IT
    So you know for a fact without a single doubt and have evidence to proof it that every single rider, even the one that always came in dead last, that raced against Lance was using?

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    The greatest American cyclist was Greg Lemond. You can look it up.
    +1 by far.

(among modern day road pros)

LOL, ''ITS NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONES DOING IT'' What a great way to view life lol
    This thread gets better with every post.....

No. Just No.
    So you know for a fact without a single doubt and have evidence to proof it that every single rider, even the one that always came in dead last, that raced against Lance was using?
    Actually, Bradpreo is purporting that the adoption rate of PEDs is 90%;

What if I told you that 90% of the tour in some form or fashion are taking PEDs... At one time or another in their careers.
    Even though he later seems to contradict himself with the statement below;

Who knows where the 90% figure comes from. I'm certain that no one, not pro team riders, managers, UCI, knows a real figure so the 90% is some mix of speculation and possibly educated guess. I'll take a shot at saying the real figure isn't 0% nor is it 100%, but as described above no one truly knows where to peg it. 90% based on his criteria doesn't sound unreasonable given information that's hit public domain over the past 15 years from Festina 1998 onwards.

Still, if it's less than 100% adoption, then the riders who are doping are stealing careers from those who don't. That includes riders who somehow made it into the pro peloton clean, like perhaps Scott Mercier and others like him;

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong case creates an unlikely hero

Or those who had to give it up earlier in their careers because they wouldn't dope, and never even made it as far as Mercier.

Right now it's all "circumstantial evidence... And last time I checked, you are innocent tell proven guilty by a jury of your peers...
    I'm not a lawyer, but it's plain to even a layperson that the very large body of eyewitness evidence represents a combination of both direct (not circumstantial) and circumstantial evidence. Combine that large body of eyewitness testimony with all the other evidence which included communications/email records, financial trails, etc. and the USADA had a very compelling case compiled.

As for the concept of innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers, that is for a court of law. USADA has no standing to enforce violations of the law, nor is that what they charged Armstrong with. USADA charged Armstrong with violations of rules of sporting organizations. Those sporting organizations have their own rules (not laws), which Armstrong agreed to explicitly when applying for and subsequently accepting his USA Cycling race license each year. Those rules do not include having disputes settled by a jury of peers, although they do offer athletes an opportunity to participate in arbitration in which 50% of the arbitration panel is selected by the athlete. Armstrong declined to contest the USADA charges when he chose to not proceed with the arbitration.

Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Actually, Bradpreo is purporting that the adoption rate of PEDs is 90%;

Even though he later seems to contradict himself with the statement below;

Who knows where the 90% figure comes from. I'm certain that no one, not pro team riders, managers, UCI, knows a real figure so the 90% is some mix of speculation and possibly educated guess. I'll take a shot at saying the real figure isn't 0% nor is it 100%, but as described above no one truly knows where to peg it. 90% based on his criteria doesn't sound unreasonable given information that's hit public domain over the past 15 years from Festina 1998 onwards.

Still, if it's less than 100% adoption, then the riders who are doping are stealing careers from those who don't. That includes riders who somehow made it into the pro peloton clean, like perhaps Scott Mercier and others like him;

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong case creates an unlikely hero

Or those who had to give it up earlier in their careers because they wouldn't dope, and never even made it as far as Mercier.

I'm not a lawyer, but it's plain to even a layperson that the very large body of eyewitness evidence represents a combination of both direct (not circumstantial) and circumstantial evidence. Combine that large body of eyewitness testimony with all the other evidence which included communications/email records, financial trails, etc. and the USADA had a very compelling case compiled.

As for the concept of innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers, that is for a court of law. USADA has no standing to enforce violations of the law, nor is that what they charged Armstrong with. USADA charged Armstrong with violations of rules of sporting organizations. Those sporting organizations have their own rules (not laws), which Armstrong agreed to explicitly when applying for and subsequently accepting his USA Cycling race license each year. Those rules do not include having disputes settled by a jury of peers, although they do offer athletes an opportunity to participate in arbitration in which 50% of the arbitration panel is selected by the athlete. Armstrong declined to contest the USADA charges when he chose to not proceed with the arbitration.
    Schooled ............

Evolutionsverlierer
    @Circlip, I was just playing along since the statement that "it's not cheating when..." is so beyond wrong.

No. Just No.
    @Circlip, I was just playing along since the statement that "it's not cheating when..." is so beyond wrong.
    I know it. Please excuse my use your playing along to support my playing along.

sock puppet
    I know it. Please excuse my use your playing along to support my playing along.
    i have no issues at all with you guys playing... quite fine with me.

Tone's may make it an issue, but not me.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, ''ITS NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONES DOING IT'' What a great way to view life lol
    This thread gets better with every post.....
    goes hand in hand with this 24k gold from USA Republican Gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams

"if the rape is imminent, just relax and enjoy it"

we have to preserve these nuggets from fading...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    It's cheating if it's again the law, sporting law, Federal Law what ever laws apply. In this case UCI law say it illegal to drug.

No matter if you are the only one our if every body doing it. If you dope, You are guilty! That it.

And yes Lance was cheating, he used/use drugs...

It's fun i can practice my english will having a good laught.

mtbr member
    I'm surprised people care this much about the actions of some random guy. Who cares what Lance does or how some governing body wants to handle his actions? You'll find in life that a good percentage of the people who are at the top of anything cheated a bit to get there. Cheating, and not getting caught, helps your odds at success (if you view success in terms of money/podium placement). Sucks, but it's true. It's true in all careers, even athletic ones... I'm not saying it's the noble thing to do, but any amount of unbiased research will lead you to this conclusion. Just look at the criminal records of the idiots we vote in to congress. Drug charges, DUI's, spousal abuse, fraud, tax evasion, etc... And these are the idiots you guys all vote for. To focus on Lance's actions here is silly and naive IMO.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    On this tread we focus on Lance. On other tread we focus on different things... You see.
    Last edited by lapinGTI; 12-31-2012 at 12:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I believe all bikers participating in those races are all drugged up. Just so happened that LA was the best drugged up biker.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    + 100% on the above. Until he is fund guilty by a jury of his peers, it is unfair for any of us to have on opinion one way or the other regarding his guilt or innocense. We weren't there and we don't know what really happenened.
    Somebody didn't read through the thread and didn't do any research before posting stupid nonsense. Not the first time and won't be the last.

One more time: DOPING IS NOT A CRIME THE USA; THERE NEVER WILL BE A JURY OF HIS PEERS. Doping is prohibited under the rules of USADA and WADA. Those organisations have jurisdiction over Lances shenanigans. How do I know this? Because Lance and his army of shysters sued USADA in a COURT OF LAW over this and LOST. The anti-doping organisations found mountains of evidence proving that Lance cheated in every race he entered after his cancer comeback. They therefore stripped him of all his titles. He chose not to arbitrate this, as was his right; he caved, he quit, he lost. STICK A FORK IN HIM. HE'S DONE.

Only a tiny minority of credulous jock sniffing hero worshipping dumbasses don't get this.

Make a New Years resolution:

GET OVER IT. GET A LIFE. MOVE ON WITH REALITY
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

meh... whatever
    Right now it's all "circumstantial evidence...
    wrong.

the evidence consists of documented financial records. documented failed drug tests. documented payoff to cover up dirty drug tests. a plethora of emails between LA others discussing doping, how to cover it up, how to retaliate against and silence those where were not "team players. sworn eyewitness testimony.

that's not circumstantial evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradpreo
    And last time I checked, you are innocent tell proven guilty by a jury of your peers...
    wrong again.

that's in a LEGAL court. this issue of his cheating is NOT in a legal court.

what you fail to be able to grasp, despite it being laid out for you very simply, is that LA is bound by rules and procedures HE AGREED TO when he applied for and was granted a pro racing license. he willingly and voluntarily agreed to be bound by the policies and procedures of the governing bodies.

however, even if your argument above were true lance DECLINED to face the evidence and witnesses in an open, formal hearing and instead WILLINGLY was stripped of his titles and banned for life. a "plea bargain" of sorts, if you will.

so yet again your arguments have no merit either in fact, practice, or as lance himself is concerned.

The point u are failing to understand is.... IT'S NOT CHEATING IF EVERYONE IS DOING IT.... Are you able to handle that truth?
    that is only "truth" to a sociopath.

when there are rules, and they are being broken, it is called "cheating" even if everyone is doing it. breaking a rule on a mass scale does not somehow magically invalidate that rule.

what you're saying is as stupid, non-sensical, pathological, and sociopathic as saying, "speeding is not illegal since everyone does it". i think we'd all agree that most people do speed. in fact, i would suggest a greater percentage of licensed drivers speed than licensed racers dope. does that invalidate the legal prohibition against speeding? a prohibition one agrees to be bound by when applying for and being granted a driver's license?

tell ya what... the next time you get a speeding ticket go into court like a boss and yell to the judge, "IT'S NOT BREAKING THE LAW CUZ EVERYONE DOES IT! CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT TRUTH?!?!?" and see how far that gets you.

that's why you lash on your insults to the ones who are caught.....
    when someone has lied, cheated, blackmailed, extorted, bribed, retaliated, and committed perjury it's not "lashing insults" to call them a liar, cheater, blackmailer, extortionist, perjurer, etc.

What if I told you that 90% of the tour in some form or fashion are taking PEDs... At one time or another in their careers.
    for the purpose of this discussion i would say, "who cares? relevance?" oh yeah, your relevance for this is to claim that "it's not cheating if everyone does it".

but you argue against yourself with such a stance. you say, "i'm not saying lance is not guilty" but then you say "it's not cheating if everyone is doing it". well since lance clearly did it you're saying it's not cheating since everyone else was. thus, you're saying lance is not guilty.

your arguments are getting more and more non-sensical and self contradictory with each post. no doubt you imagine you are really handing "truth" and "reality" to us and we're too dumb to see it when in fact you're proudly putting your ignorance and abhorrent personal morals/value and reprehensible situational ethic on display for the entire world to see.

and you're too pathetically and profoundly obtuse to even realize it.

we get it, sociopath. we just don't agree with you.
    Last edited by monogod; 12-31-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Evolutionsverlierer
    Maybe posts like the last 2 should be mandatory to be read and fully understood before posting
    but that might take the fun out of this thread.

dwt
    mtbr member
    +1 by far.

(among modern day road pros)
    But if we include mtb past & present, we have John Tomac (also a National Roadie champ) and Brian Lopes ( more WC wins than any male ever).

Just saying (I mean remembering)

mtbr member
    Ah, I see why this thread is still going. There are some people defending Lance. That is also strange to me. This guy wouldn't stop and help you with a flat tire on the side of the road/trail and you're all here arguing for him like he's your family... The guy's definitely a donkey so it's good to have his name dragged through some mud. Carry on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI View Post
    On this tread we focus on Lance. On other tread we focus on different things... You see.
    This is pretty cut and dry. Person signs agreement to race on particular circuit. Person breaks rule(s) (even if the only rule broken was that which requires him to be a willing participant in an investigation). Due to infraction, governing body removes person from being in good standing with the organization and takes titles away.
    Nothing foul here. Just how it's supposed to go. I'm glad Lance isn't being treated like the god he goes around pretending to be. Except by some here on the Internet, who luckily, aren't in charge of any athletic organizations.

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    But if we include mtb past & present, we have John Tomac (also a National Roadie champ) and Brian Lopes ( more WC wins than any male ever).

Just saying (I mean remembering)
    Good list, if we're keeping on the theme of the site speaking to MTB. Juli Furtado would also rate highly in some people's books. Another couple of years like 2012 and Aaron Gwin might make it up there too. On the other hand if we instead open up the criteria to all disciplines, it wouldn't be any stretch to give a nod to Major Taylor.

RJJ
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    News flash.... PEDs have been and will continue to be used in every professional sport... All this BS about Lance is a cheater is delusional talk because those who think that... some where deep inside believe in the "purity of sports". To alll those in that camp.... In the words of Jack..."you can't handle the truth"! Son, we live in a world of walls... We put our atheletes on a pedestal and would like to think they are "god like".... You have that luxury... The luxury of being so native that all your idols are clean... So when one of these super stars get caught ... U are like OMG!!! Such liars, such cheaters amoung this world of unbelievable super humans God has put among us for our entertainment.... We use words like honor, code and loyalty.... I have neither the time or the inclination to explain way the difference of just being a college star and a millionaire superstar is just the point of a needle difference.... Now I am not saying these superstars are not ridiculously talented and if you or I used the same PEDs then we could do what they are achieving.... NO WAY!! These are superstars that train hard their whole life and look for any advantage they can get away with.... And they know for a fact others are doing it... So they find a way or accept being irrelevant. Take off your rose colared glasses and just enjoy watching the game.... It's just as much of a game behind the scenes not getting caught.... Lance is a 7 time Tour De France champion and deserves everything he has earned.... so does Tiger Woods even if one day they prove he took something .....face the facts and enjoy the game.... don't think you know what's happening behind closed doors... And don't be so quick to "throw that stone" and just believe in the system....
    Hey Lance, is that you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Do you believe Hillary really suffered a fainting spell?

Nope – Bill slapped her down the stairs.
    Yep – But I didn’t until I saw the news this morning.
    Nope - But I'm starting to have doubts.
    Last edited by dead_dog_canyon; 01-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    hillary suffered a farting spell? That'll go over well
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357148257.113322.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  22.4 KB

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    he is clean they have no proof

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwfmtber View Post
    he is clean they have no proof

dwt
    mtbr member
    Wow dwt I am clearly not trolling...my post was no more a troll than yours. Happy new year, try to lay off the geritol
    Really? Could have fooled me, and did repeatedly.

Geritol? Damn, not only are you a troll but a f***tard as a comedian.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Among the evidence cited by USADA:

- US Postal Service team riders used EPO, testosterone, human growth hormone and cortisone, according to riders George Hincapie, Tyler Hamilton, Frankie Andreu and Jonathan Vaughters and team employee Emma O'Reilly

- Armstrong required O'Reilly to dispose of syringes after the 1998 Tour of the Netherlands

- Hincapie and Hamilton testified they were aware of Armstrong's EPO use as early as 1998. Vaughters confirmed Armstrong used in the Tour of Spain and said he saw Armstrong inject himself with EPO in a hotel room

- Vaughters and Christian Van de Velde saw a doctor bring saline to Armstrong to help him avoid doping detection

- Hamilton testified he saw Armstrong take EPO during the 1999 Tour de France, having blood removed before the 2000 Tour and receiving a transfusion during the 2000 Tour

- Armstrong offered Hamilton a vial of EPO from a refrigerator at his villa in Nice, France, in May, 1999. Hincapie also testified to being aware of 1999 EPO use by Armstrong

- O'Reilly testified team officials fabricated a story to explain why Armstrong tested positive for cortisone, including a backdated prescription for a cortisone cream to treat a saddle sore when he really had taken a cortisone injection

Cycling: Armstrong misses doping appeal deadline - Sport - NZ Herald News

dwt
    mtbr member
    Ha! That all you got?
    You apparently are unable to just let it go.

How about this: if I can criticise you as being a credulous mentally challenged troll, I suppose it's fair for you to bring up age. Although that is lame and very low hanging fruit, and only emphasises your lack of cognitive ability.

I suppose you might know something about mtb, but your understanding of professional road bike racing and your contributions to this thread are sorely deficient.

New Years resolution: don't feed trolls

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Ha! That all you got?

Is that all I've got, lol...the fact that it's official that he never won a tour...it's all I need.
    An innocent man does not miss the deadline for his doping appeal.
    Last edited by SV11; 01-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Is that all I've got, lol...the fact that it's official that he never won a tour...it's all I need.
    An innocent man does not miss the deadline for his doping appeal.
    Nicely put sv11, this just about sums it all up, game set and match.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks mate.
    Only one thing left to do, rape him for millions from his ill gotten wealth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Only one thing left to do, rape him for millions from his ill gotten wealth.
    Do you guys harbor this much hatred of the 2nd through 10th place finishers of the tours that Lance was in?

Thats what seems so absurd about all the Lance Hatred, everyone thinks that the more they hate lance the more morally upstanding they are, but nobody displays any hatred for all the other guys on the tour that were surely doping so instead of proving themselves to be morally upstanding they just look like hypocrites.

You guys are obviously free to hate Lance all you want, you might even consider having a comment on your grave stone about how terrible of a person Lance is/was, but you guys really need to let the hatred flow to all the other dopers, you do want to be known as equal opportunity haters, right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Do you guys harbor this much hatred of the 2nd through 10th place finishers of the tours that Lance was in?

Thats what seems so absurd about all the Lance Hatred, everyone thinks that the more they hate lance the more morally upstanding they are, but nobody displays any hatred for all the other guys on the tour that were surely doping so instead of proving themselves to be morally upstanding they just look like hypocrites.

You guys are obviously free to hate Lance all you want, you might even consider having a comment on your grave stone about how terrible of a person Lance is/was, but you guys really need to let the hatred flow to all the other dopers, you do want to be known as equal opportunity haters, right?
    I have 14 words and a vowel for you dude, watch the world according to lance, then come back to this thread for a chat...

Quack quack quack......
    Its obvious you have read very little of these threads and have done very little research on the topic.....

Elitest thrill junkie

You mean all the other guys that weren't using their influence to bully other riders, blackmail? That weren't raking in the millions in sponsorships and denying the substantial charges several times over the years? That weren't paying people off with large sums of money? That weren't involved in a never-ending legal battle to deal with the allegations that kept coming up? That have stepped forward in many cases to support the allegations and received temporary bans?

Those guys?
    There are probably more than a few that have slipped through, and it's not a witch-hunt, it's a situation where there's good evidence against LA. If there's just as good evidence against all these others like you say, I'd imagine that will come out or should be pursued. I'd imagine due to not being anywhere near the extent of what LA did, it's probably unlikely.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...it's a situation where there's good evidence against LA. If there's just as good evidence against all these others like you say...
    I never said there was, or wasn't, evidence against the other guys in the tour

Do you believe that I'm defending Lance?

All I did was point out that the hatred bestowed upon Lance for cheating should be spread out on all the cheating riders, you guys have to let the hate flow and be more generous with it.

No. Just No.
    Die thread! Die!

Die thread! Die!
    LOL, i dont think its ready yet mate, its got some legs on it yet, besides, its been very entertaining.....

AZ
    banned
    Move it to the 29er forum, make it a sticky.

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Move it to the 29er forum, make it a sticky.
    Cruel and unusual punishment?

AZ
    banned
    Cruel and unusual punishment?

They deserve it for being Zealots.

****** to the dirt
    this thread is
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

Sup
    hay Lance is your shower running

Better go catch it
    I am slow therefore I am

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    hay Lance is your shower running

Better go catch it
    he can't his supply ran out
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

meh... whatever
    How dare you call me a ginger!
    in responding to a post clearly directed at someone else as though it was directed at you personally you've scored the coveted "troll twofer" -- epic troll combined with epic fail.

congrats!

AZ
    banned

LOL, thinking about confessing because the wants his riding ban lifted, the guy is a sociopath, if he confesses, it will be a contrived load of dribble to suit him, not a word that comes out of the guys mouth can be believed.
    It will be a carefully scripted, sociopathic,load of dribble, if he wants to confess for the right reasons i'll have a listen, but if its because he wants to get back into pro riding, its a total disgrace of a reason and it wont even be worth the 10 minute press conference.
    The guy has no shame and i wont mix my words, he is the biggest disgrace in the history of sport, with daylight second.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast