View Poll Results: Do you think Armstrong doped?

Voters
533. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. He never did

50 9.38%
  • Yup, but I didn't think so until recently.

118 22.14%
  • Yup, knew it all along.

156 29.27%
  • Yup, but he should keep his titles cause the USADA is bs

169 31.71%
  • Nope, but I'm starting to have doubts.

40 7.50%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Syringe Guy-Tour of California '09

Guess we know which way this guy would vote.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you believe Lance Armstrong is clean?-aaaaa.jpg  

Do you believe Lance Armstrong is clean?-aaaaaa.jpg  

Do you believe Lance Armstrong is clean?-aaaaaaa.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Not sure about that. I'm getting pretty close to a feeling of closure.
    Amnesty and truth and reconciliation might lead to closure

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-answer_262269

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ficient_262255

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Ya, except then the UCI tool that ball and started running with it with public statements explaining that they should be administering the proceedings of any T & R initiatives, if they happen.

McQuaid and Co. just don't get it. Either that or they figure they can just continue shouting nonsense over top of everyone else's voices. They shouldn't even have a platform to speak from at this point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    links aren't working....

Eh eventually the truth will come out, but unfortunately it will always be tainted by the what-ifs and the possibles.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    It does not matter what one believes, what matters is actual Evidence, Belief is in something you are not certain of. So from the lack of Evidence I KNOW Lance is Innocent.
    I agree. Prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt ('cause there are tons of reasonable doubt in my eye ) and then I'll believe he doped, until then, to me he's the best tour rider, ever.

Just One Man's Opinion.

"It ain't what you know, but want you can prove in the court of law" Denzel Washington (Training Day)

PS. I know I will get some negative reps because of my beliefs, but I can care less. If you negative rep me, be a man and leave your name.

Al

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I don’t think he was "clean".

BUT I look at it like this:

Everyone from every country was doping to some extent. So in that regard none of them are any better than any other pro cyclist at the time. Now, if I take every drug that lance took in the same exact amounts that he did, I would still never be able to come close to his level of performance. There is still the fact that he is an amazing athlete under all those drugs. Performance enhancing drugs enhance an athlete they don’t make a world class athlete out of anyone. If everyone at the time was 100% clean I believe he would have won the exact same way that he won originally.
    Now all that being said… I think he is a total ******-bag for the way he acted and continued his career after he became famous. There is no excuse for bribery and intimidation in a world-class sport. I’d bet the same thing was going on in other countries but in our American society we love nothing more than to tear down our idols… A little blood in the water and everyone jumps on the lynching wagon.
    Lance was a great athlete but a crappy competitor and teammate. Fame changes people, who’s to say that any of us wouldn’t have acted the same way under all of the stress and pressures to live up to your own reputation? That’s not an excuse for his behavior but I can understand. NOT condone, but I can understand.
    "Are you a girl? Keep that huge ass and deal with it. Are you a guy? Ride your bike more. You disgust me."

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    I agree. Prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt ('cause there are tons of reasonable doubt in my eye ) and then I'll believe he doped, until then, to me he's the best tour rider, ever.

Just One Man's Opinion.

"It ain't what you know, but want you can prove in the court of law" Denzel Washington (Training Day)

PS. I know I will get some negative reps because of my beliefs, but I can care less. If you negative rep me, be a man and leave your name.

Al
    Believe what you want. Meanwhile, the record books have already been rewritten, Trek, Nike, Oakley have already dumped him, he's looking at numerous lawsuits to recover money and bonuses paid to him under false pretenses, and he's burned so many bridges in his life, he is left friendless all by himself. Except for a few pathetic jock sniffing morons like you who will insist the earth is flat while real life passes them by.

P.S. no reason to neg rep the mentally challenged. That's just wrong.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post

Just One Man's Opinion.

Al
    Well ive always been intrigued who the 10% of people in the poll in the top of the page were that thinks that he never doped.
    Mate if anybody calls you from Nigeria telling you that youve won the Nigerian national lottery and to send them money so they can process it and send you the winnings, please dont send them the money, its a scam....
    P.S just on the quiet, the sky's not falling in either.....
    And just on the quiet again, your not in one of those cults that think the worlds going to end tomorrow are you?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Everyone doped and everyone is still doping...if you think otherwise, you must be on dope

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 41ants View Post
    Everyone doped and everyone is still doping...if you think otherwise, you must be on dope

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Bollocks. Even if it's true, so what? The "everyone's doing it" argument is shite. It's only ever heard from people who are doing something wrong and who know it.

Nobody ever helps out the homeless because "everyone's doing it". Nobody volunteers for unpaid charity work because "everyone's doing it". It's the last, desperate defence of liars, cheats, thieves and other general purpose scumbags.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FNCnca View Post
    10, 15 years ago, who didn't dope?
    the losers that's who

mtbr member
    Indurain believes Lance is clean

Indurain believes in Armstrong's innocence | Comcast

or I should say "innocent"

mtbr member
    I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing.

At first, I really thought that this was just a good guy who happened to be a spectacular athlete getting taken down by a power-hungry bureaucrat. But there's just no way that the USADA convinced EVERYONE to lie. I read some of the deposition transcripts that have been published. There's too much detail given for me to believe that the story's just a fabrication by a bunch of guys trying to save their own careers.

I think its pretty clear that LA's amazing record was the result of a doping program. I think it sucks because I was pretty proud of the guy.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Believe what you want. Meanwhile, the record books have already been rewritten, Trek, Nike, Oakley have already dumped him, he's looking at numerous lawsuits to recover money and bonuses paid to him under false pretenses, and he's burned so many bridges in his life, he is left friendless all by himself. Except for a few pathetic jock sniffing morons like you who will insist the earth is flat while real life passes them by.

P.S. no reason to neg rep the mentally challenged. That's just wrong.

Yep, I am one wild and crazy guy. Bleep, bleep, what's up doc

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Well ive always been intrigued who the 10% of people in the poll in the top of the page were that thinks that he never doped.
    Mate if anybody calls you from Nigeria telling you that youve won the Nigerian national lottery and to send them money so they can process it and send you the winnings, please dont send them the money, its a scam....
    P.S just on the quiet, the sky's not falling in either.....
    And just on the quiet again, your not in one of those cults that think the worlds going to end tomorrow are you?
    I'm the one doing the calling Whew, whew, whew, whew

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    8 pages of replies no one will see this one ! lol

Anyway, many of the posts here say "that was then, this is now." However, here's thing. Lance participated in and won, the Leadville 100 in 2009. In 2010, Leipheimer won (also confessed doper, not in the news much). Leipheimer even broke the record for the race. These guys continue to compete. Not that I will ever be even close to being in the same race as someone like them, but the thought will forever be in the back of someone's mind: This guy doped to get an advantage, of which he's probably still reaping the benefits of physically. So all the other competitors are left to sucking up trail dust.

I like Lance, I admire his courage. I mean, in this video Lance Armstrong's Offroad Short Cut in the Tour De France - YouTube he takes that skinny tire bike down hill when others behind him braked hard to avoid it. He said hell with it, I'm going. So sure, doping gives you some upgrades, but some of it is just pure balls. In the Leadville 100 he road a flat tire for the last few miles of the race. And still won.

It's just sad that the status quo at the time dictated that you either dope or come in last.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
    Missed a few of his qualities mentioned in the now widely accepted USADA report, like...
    Lying, cheating, bullying, threatening people and their families, perjury, encouraging others to dope, organizing the distribution of drugs, getting people fired from their jobs for telling the truth, ........

Yea, a guy to be admired.
    wow, well, maybe i take some of my admiration back too

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    <----- Has tried real hard to care less, but it is not possible.

Is he the victim of being made "an example"? Maybe. I don't know. There are two things I know about Lance Armstrong. He is an incredible athlete, regardless of doping. And he is a giant jackass and totally full of himself.

1946:2006:2066
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    WTF?
    He has to come clean like all his teammates before he can salvage anything he has left.
    The way things are going he will be a broken penniless old man before he's sixty.
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

Bro
    Where I do my thinking

On a related note....

Just saw this post from my teammate:

"I went to see the Levi Leipheimer Documentary tonight. Showed up, no sound, choppy image, movie cancelled. First he admits and gets sacked by OPQS, now the omerta's claiming his movie. Dang."

I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    My take on this is that Tygart is an anti-doping zealot (or a shameless self-promoter out to make a name for himself) who believes that cycling is a dirty sport. He wants to destroy it in order to save it. Thus, his attack on the biggest fish (Armstrong) and the integrity of the UCI.
    The problem is that this is ancient history in sporting and doping terms and the sport seems to be doing much better these days. Unfortunately, I predict that as a result, the exodus of sponsors will continue and the sport will suffer greatly, assuming it survives.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Bill View Post
    My take on this is that Tygart is an anti-doping zealot (or a shameless self-promoter out to make a name for himself) who believes that cycling is a dirty sport. He wants to destroy it in order to save it. Thus, his attack on the biggest fish (Armstrong) and the integrity of the UCI.
    The problem is that this is ancient history in sporting and doping terms and the sport seems to be doing much better these days. Unfortunately, I predict that as a result, the exodus of sponsors will continue and the sport will suffer greatly, assuming it survives.
    How's the weather on your planet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    nope...dirty as my first playboy

Disabled Vet
    I firmly and wholeheartedly believe that I neither gain anything from Lance's efforts whether doped or not,nor do I gain anything other than several hours entertainment from the tour or it's sponsors,as I am not influenced either one way or the other on my purchases by "what the po's ride/say/think",I'm much more mtn biker than roadie (even my road bike has skinny little knobbie 38mm tires),and the is M....tbr,not a roadie site to begin with....

That siad,I admire Lance's performances whether doped or not,it's more than I could do (doped or not),but the reality is,it's non of my business
    '96 Specialized Hard Rock
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

1946:2006:2066

a very sad state of affairs

Too many are still in denial. There can no longer be any question of what happened in that era. I too was drawn into the excitement of the Lance Armstrong years. But as one after another a rider left or was kicked off his teams only to be caught later for doping...my doubts grew about how clean LA was. Something strange was going on. It could be years before we know the ultimate truth. Perhaps long after I'm dead (pity). Wait for his memoirs...about 20+ plus years from now. Then again, just might leave us guessing.

edit

this from my morning newspaper

The apology Lance Armstrong will never give | Sports | National Post

hope it is available for some time to come
    if Lance ever did something like this he would get his life back
    but he will still have to face the piper for playing off key
    Last edited by FireDog46; 10-24-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I heard the other day that companies/endorsements are trying to sue LA and the government may get involved as well.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast