Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Smoked

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Diesel Smoked

Wow. Some people really do live a sad, sad life.

Cummins vs Bicycles - YouTube

Would have loved to see him get stopped by that construction crew while the bikes caught up with him.

My spelling is atroshus
    My diesel doesn't smoke like that.

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Yes, another loser hick with a diesel engine. Great to see.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

rides with camera
    That has got to be Alberta. Been smoked out myself by those guys.

There's lots of them here
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Bro Mountainbiker
    F that. Hillbillies are the worst. Dont even try to talk sense into them....
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RBowles View Post
    My diesel doesn't smoke like that.
    He has an afternarket diesel chip installed...

You flick it from economy to power, and it increases the fuel to air ratio...

The engine runs rich and the some odf the hydrocarbon is combusted to carbon black rather than CO2...

This increases power significantly, but also drains the fuel tank...

Probably costs a buck per belch...

Real loser.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sherijumper View Post
    That has got to be Alberta. Been smoked out myself by those guys.

There's lots of them here
    Only happened to me once, downtown Calgary.....caught the guy at a light....

He wouldn't even look at me, even though a banged his hood.

Been hogged by Harley riders...seems they think that you can't hear them until they blip the throttle, and "scare" you.

Happened on the way to Bragg Creek, finally found the guy in the bar, and laughed at him pretty hard....

I can look scarey if I have to.
    Last edited by jeffscott; 10-12-2011 at 02:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Only happened to me once, downtown Calgary.....caught the guy at a light....

He wouldn't even look at me, even though a banged his hood.

Been hogged by barley riders...seems they think that you can't hear them until they blip the throttle, and "scare" you.

Happened on the way to Bragg Creek, finally found the guy in the bar, and laughed at him pretty hard....

I can look scarey if I have to.
    banged on his hood? good thing you arent in florida, ive seen people get shot for doing a lot less than that..

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    bagged (banged) on his hood? good thing you arent in florida, ive seen people get shot for doing a lot less than that..
    True but things are alot calmer up here.

that should be a criminal offense. assault sounds like a good one. intentionally belching carcinogens onto people enjoying a bike ride absolutely endangers their health.

should be the same criminal charge as intentionally pouring acid on them, poisoning them, or throwing a glass bottle at them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    There are laws requiring tailpipes to be in the back of cars. Maybe they should reverse it and require them in the front...
    Matt

mtbr member
    It never happened to me but i have a nice rock for the occasion.
    Also a small 9 mm in case they get aggresive and dont think were even at that point.

mtbr member
    You know all those folks that piss you off? You piss somebody off, just like that. Get over it.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

My spelling is atroshus
    Nothing to see here. Move along.......

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Funny as hell to read these little MTBers talking tough keyboard **** about what they'd do if smoked out by a truck. I suggest giving up those fantasies and riding around with a respirator instead if smoke bothers you that much.

My spelling is atroshus
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    banged on his hood? good thing you arent in florida, ive seen people get shot for doing a lot less than that..
    Banging on my hood was the method primarily responsible for the birth of my second child.

mtbr member
    As a an owner of a smokey diesel p/u and a tech at a Cummins distributor I was prepared to post up and hammer down on the 'loser hick' and 'hillbilly' comments. But then I watched the video.
    Thats way past fawked up.

Typically when I am cruising down back country roads, if I see a roadie, I move over as much as possible and completely get out of the throttle until I am well past them. That way they have plenty of room, and don't get choked out. But if the roadie(s) is(are) being a dumba$$ (riding in the middle of the lane, swerving, running reds, whatever) I will let loose some smoke
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Funny as hell to read these little MTBers talking tough keyboard **** about what they'd do if smoked out by a truck.
    I assume I'm one if not the only "little" mountain bikers you refer to. Talk is cheap, that's why I carry now. I've had some doofuses throw an egg from a car at me, and miss fortunately, while I was biking. I also caught up with these "kiddies" and called the cops for help in the matter to teach them a lesson. Because it was the eve of Halloween, I guess they allow stuff like that to slide as they were no help with an assault with intent to cause harm. People are very disrespectful to bicyclers in my area apparently as another one also threw a half full bottle of soda at my 10 year old son, at the time and me while biking. Again, this time was a miss. I also found him later as I recognized the custom car he drove. I have no patience for scumbags like that. That one got away with some spit on his windshield. I could have easily keyed the car but I'm a nice guy. After the second time, I started carrying a rock. I hope the day when somebody makes contact with me on my bike that I don't end up crashing and injuring myself or worse they hit my child and injure him. I do everything in my power to stay away from vehicle traffic but some people strive to be jerks and still attempt their stunts. Those people need punishment for their crimes. That's what a rock is for. I become the judge and jury when I am threatened with physical violence. At that juncture I hope that the offending thrower sees the situation as being equal if I throw something back and hit them. As I said before the firearm is there in case they don't see it that way. Being smoked isn't as bad as being hit with something but that rock is still going to fly when and if I get "smoked". An eye for an eye doesn't count in "scumbag in motor vehicle versus defenseless biker". I don't ever look for trouble and where and when I bike reflects that but when it comes knocking, I hope they are prepared. No tough guy talk, just plain facts.

Hopefully you aren't one of the aforementioned offenders as I can't come up with a reason why you would defend somebody of all places in a bike forum who intentionally is trying to harm a fellow biker. Whether it's a soda bottle/litter/food being thrown, swerving at a biker or generally harassing them, those people deserve no defense and certainly no pity if their victim they intend to harm has vindicated their self by "returning fire". If you let criminals like this get away with their misdeeds it just allows them more power and nerve to do worse things to others as they believe they can get away with it with no repercussions. There is nothing worse for a community than the company of the brazen lawless.

Class Clown
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalized View Post
    Funny as hell to read these little MTBers talking tough keyboard ****
    It's more like people act tough when they get behind the wheel

workin' it Administrator
    There is only one way to deal with idiots in cars on the road and that is to ignore them. If they smoke you out pull over, if they yell at you wave and smile. If they throw something, unless it hits you, just ignore it because you never know when you are reacting to a real hot head and they come back around and leave your family to wonder why out choose to commute and why you had to ride on the road. Life is too short and there are too many trails unridden to overreact to someone in a car.

Put your middle finger in its holster and take the high road. It just might save your life someday.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Like rock crusher says shrug it off. But if it is more serious just get the plate number.

PRETENDURO
    LOL, big boss man trucks. Funny little manchildren driving them.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalized View Post
    Funny as hell to read these little MTBers talking tough keyboard **** about what they'd do if smoked out by a truck. I suggest giving up those fantasies and riding around with a respirator instead if smoke bothers you that much.
    <- Middle finger in holster. Brushing off annoying a-hole as suggested above.

The Smiths Design
    About as bad is the dirt roads around here, people go by in Jeeps and big trucks like that at around 40 mph making dust terrible for like 5 minutes. (and thats even on steep curvy roads)

i've had it happen to me. pretty low thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast