banned
    Sep 2012

Decisions Decisions.... (What next?)

A few weeks ago, I got a hold of a few Titus Carbon X frames in exchange for some work I did. I'm really happy with my old S-Works SJ because it serves me well on my daily trail rides. The Titus frames are XC frames and are also probably too big for me.

I've also been "stockpiling" a bunch of unused parts as I upgrade bits and pieces from my bikes and I'm at the point where I can probably build up one of the Titus frames. The wife is also giving me grief for having "too many bike parts laying around".....

....soooo the question is:

Should I build up the Titus X as the next project? Or should I sell said frames and everything else I don't really need? Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? I'm worried it'll be too big and won't be able to ride it.

...the partial parts pile....
    Decisions Decisions.... (What next?)-2012-12-04_21-56-30_831.jpg

-S

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I don't see much drivetrain except for the wheels. Take the pieces for that pile that you need to build a bike and sell the rest of those pieces. Use that money to fund the rest of the build on one of those Titus frames and go out and rip! If it doesn't right, may as well sell it too.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    I always did better parting things out to sell...you don't sound too stoked on the Titus-x, dump it and get something you are stoked on!

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    I always did better parting things out to sell...you don't sound too stoked on the Titus-x, dump it and get something you are stoked on!
    I was initially stoked on the Titus X - thought I could put together an XC bike for piddling around the neighborhood horse trails.... then I did the measurements and it came in on the big side of things, and was a little disappointed.

The parts pile is only a small part of what I got right now. I have almost a full 9-sp drive train, seats/seatposts, a couple extra rear shocks, stem, brakes+discs etc.

Perhaps you're right.... the Fox Talas and the frames would fetch a pretty penny on ebay.

-S

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    The wife is also giving me grief for having "too many bike parts laying around".....

Sell the wife buy more parts with the money.

somehow still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    post pix of wife first.
    Not what you think.

My videos

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    You got me thinking... I could sell her bras. There must be a market for used 38GG bras.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyw00d View Post
    post pix of wife first.
    Hollywood, I'm disappointed in you for not paying attention in the other threads....

Ever wanted to put a face to an avatar?

-S

post pix of wife first.
    With a link to the purchase page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

somehow still alive
    Hollywood, I'm disappointed in you for not paying attention in the other threads....

Ever wanted to put a face to an avatar?

-S
    hahahahahaha dammit. you caught me! I read like 20 pages of that thread then got bored.
    Not what you think.

My videos

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Lot of parts...

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

I was initially stoked on the Titus X - thought I could put together an XC bike for piddling around the neighborhood horse trails.... then I did the measurements and it came in on the big side of things, and was a little disappointed.

The parts pile is only a small part of what I got right now
    -S
    EG sitting around? I always wondered if those carbon 29 rear tri's could be shoehorned ; )

If not you could do a study, "how big a drop can the Titus carbon sustain"

banned
    Sep 2012
    hahahahahaha dammit. you caught me! I read like 20 pages of that thread then got bored.
    I expected you of all people to be looking through that thread trying to find more pics of Nicole. LOL

-S

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    EG sitting around? I always wondered if those carbon 29 rear tri's could be shoehorned ; )

If not you could do a study, "how big a drop can the Titus carbon sustain"
    I already bounced ideas off Bre (Titus tech support - he's on this forum somewhere too) . He's kind enough to hunt for some bits for me.... don't think the EG bits would transplant or vice versa.

-S

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Mythical beast

I already bounced ideas off Bre (Titus tech support - he's on this forum somewhere too) . He's kind enough to hunt for some bits for me.... don't think the EG bits would transplant or vice versa.

-S

EG main pivot/chainstay has 47mm spacing, and seatstay/rocker has 65mm spacing. Those use spacers between the bearings too so there's room for fit there with the carbon rear tri...

What's the spacing on the Carbon CS and SS?