Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    128

    Dealing with a typical Craigslist mutant for used bike

    I have noticed a huge decline in Craigslist lately. Most the people there are utter mutants that can't help to do everything wrong, they cannot list their items correctly or pick-up an item when they say will they will. Here is a recent Craigslist experience, I got to enjoy with one of them.

    Mind you this is not the whole fiasco, I responded to the ad and some girl told me to email her boyfriend(this mutant). Right now these mutants have two ads for this same bike, one with the photo he sent me in the email of the actual bike which has a rigid fork and the other with a false image showing a totally different, newer, more expensive setup of the same model with a suspension fork.

    Am I just the most unlucky Craigslister, does Northern NJ really suck, or does anyone else get this?

    Anyway it reads from the bottom to the top, that is where the first email starts:

    On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:03 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    > Enough, u obviously have nothing better to do with your time... I have one used bike I pulled out to make room I am not >or do I want to be a power seller on ebay, have not or will I waste anyones time.... I give all info I can and pic to anyone >interested. Again end the insults keep your opinion to yourself, this is the last time I'm sayn it. This is not a game... I >didn't waste your time as u have plenty of it to spend on nonsense. The bike doesn't work for u...
    > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


    On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM, [My final message] wrote:
    > Why don't you get a life clown. What if you waste someone's time
    > because they actually come over thinking it has a suspension fork,
    > think it might fit them(since you have no clue about frame size vs.
    > standover height), think it is actually worth new $1400 as you posted
    > in the ad from Googling the higher end of that model.
    >
    > And your right this isn't ebay because you'd have 1 star if you were
    > lucky there in your reputation.
    >

    On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    > Mutants? I have a used bike I sent a picture not wasting time makn space in my storage unit get a ****n life buddy? If u reply I'm gonna look further into it. End it get ****n life
    > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
    >


    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: [ME]
    > Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:23:46
    > To: [MUTANT]
    > Subject: Re: Specialized frame size
    >
    > There are too many mutants and pricks like you on craigslist nowadays.
    > Can't even list or describe an item right and just wasting other
    > people's time clowning back and forth.
    >

    > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:07 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    >> Go F*** yourself A*****E I don't have to change a thing its a used F*c*n bike ******* n this is craigslist not ebay or a professional website. Keep your opinion to yourself when you don't know who your talkn to... This bike wouldn't work for you, you need one without a seat! F**k off


    >> ------Original Message------
    >> From: ME
    >> To: MUTANT
    >> Subject: Re: Specialized frame size
    >> Sent: Apr 30, 2010 1:58 PM
    >>
    >> Thanks for the photo, but I was looking for a mtb with a suspension
    >> fork(preferably one with lockout). Also the bike frame is not 87cm,
    >> that is 34.3 inches, no bike frame is that big, that is probably the
    >> standover height you gave me. This image shows frame size:
    >> http://transportation.stanford.edu/images/bikereg.jpg
    >>
    >> This is the ad your gf or you posted:
    >> http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/1715883679.html
    >> And it has an image of a mountain bike with suspension fork.
    >>
    >> No offense but you gotta fix the ad, add that photo and remove the false one.
    >>


    >> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    >>> [He sends a pic of an older lower-end Rockhopper without a Suspension fork, when the ad showed the opposite, and it is not worth anywhere what the ad said new $1400.]

    >>>>-----Original Message----
    >>>From: Mutant
    >>>To: Me
    >>>86 cm I'm 5 11 if that helps with perspective


    >>> ------Original Message------
    >>> From: ME
    >>> To: MUTANT
    >>> Subject: Re: Specialized frame size
    >>> Sent: Apr 30, 2010 10:34 AM
    >>>
    >>> I still don't know the actual frame size. Chances are it won't fit.
    >>>

    >>> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:04 AM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    >>>> Please contact me if would like to see bike [Mutant, Mutant's phone #]
    >>>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
    Last edited by RoyFokker; 05-01-2010 at 04:48 AM.

  2. #2
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Why waste your time with obvious tools and asshats on CL ? Lifes too short .

  3. #3
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,812
    This bike wouldn't work for you, you need one without a seat
    I need to remember that comeback, might need to use it someday
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    162
    From 0 to rage in 1 e-mail.

  5. #5
    Sweat is just fat crying.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    I need to remember that comeback, might need to use it someday
    That one got my attention, too.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

  6. #6
    Sweat is just fat crying.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmosher
    From 0 to rage in 1 e-mail.
    Looks like more than one email to me.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    162
    >> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    >>> [He sends a pic of an older lower-end Rockhopper without a Suspension fork, when the ad showed the opposite, and it is not worth anywhere what the ad said new $1400.]

    >>>>-----Original Message----
    >>>From: Mutant
    >>>To: Me
    >>>86 cm I'm 5 11 if that helps with perspective
    He sounds perfectly happy and helpful. Then, in the very next e-mail...

    > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:07 PM, [MUTANT] wrote:
    >> Go F*** yourself A*****E I don't have to change a thing its a used F*c*n bike ******* n this is craigslist not ebay or a professional website. Keep your opinion to yourself when you don't know who your talkn to... This bike wouldn't work for you, you need one without a seat! F**k off

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhambrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108
    I'm going to try and find this guy's listing on CL later and act like a potential buyer. Then I will bust his balls after wasting his time. My important things to do right now though like hitting the trails.

  9. #9
    Truly Doneski
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    537
    CL Has become a total joke. Get a lot more laughs out of it then potential good buys. Don't waste your time man

  10. #10
    keeping it dirty
    Reputation: intoflatlines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    409
    Tell him you need that bike really badly ASAP so you'll pay $1500 cash, he just needs to meet you in a shitty part of town at some random time. Then don't show up.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhambrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108
    Is this the douche you were referring to?
    Last edited by dhambrick; 05-01-2010 at 12:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Stucco Bucket
    Reputation: the_owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,489
    craigslist has been a joke for years. tough to sift through crap.
    the young hipsters keep saying ebay is dead and use craigslist... W E M L

  13. #13
    soothsayer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    your the jerk. he is selling a bike and your acting like an ass clown.

  14. #14
    soothsayer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    plus what kind of jerk clown actually bothers to put something like that on a forum. who are you trying to impress. you come of as a gaping puss bag

  15. #15
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,202
    hmmmm.....guess who the previous poster is. I took one guess to reach my conclusion.

    anyway...yeah, CL is trash.

    I recently became aware of a person whose mother got him a dog from CL. Dude took it to the vet for a checkup and whatnot. Paid for some vaccines and stuff. Next day, vet clinic gets a lost dog poster with dog looking like the one that visited the previous day. In fact, it had an IDENTICAL collar on it.

    Long story short, the dog was stolen (among other things) by some chick who broke into a college student's house after visiting to see if she wanted to be a roomie with the college student. The thief told the buyer of the dog that she was "undercover" and traveling to Hawaii, hence the need to sell the dog cheap (in the parking lot of Dairy Queen at 10pm).

    Original owner and the "buyer" of the "hot" dog connect the dots, identify the thief (by vehicle ID) and call the cops. Not only are the cops after the chick for theft (maybe burglary, who knows what else was stolen?), but also for impersonating a police officer based on the testimony of the person who bought the dog.

    You won't catch me spending any time (or money) over there.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalotit
    your the jerk. I'm selling a bike and your acting like an ass clown.
    Fixed it for you.

  17. #17
    Seeeriously easy Livin
    Reputation: Flystagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865
    Seriously who steals a guy's dog, that even worse than taking their bike.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    128
    @all downing Craigslist:
    You guys are right, it is a cesspoll. That douche even was mocking that "this isn't ebay". Since he is so childish, needing the final word, he made a last insulting post that he is "not some ebay power seller". This was not a bad experience by craigslist standards, alot of time I try to sell stuff and people no-show wasting alot more of my time. Or I give someone my phone # so they can pickup a cheap item, $10, and this lady phone jockey keeps calling me to tell why she can't show up, what she had to do as excuses, what she is doing and when she thinks she can come, only to never come after phone jockeying so many texts and calls. I am sick of these bike ads with no proper info on frame size, year, components, often they don't even mention their locale, I felt like venting here a lil and warning people of this site.

    I don't have the cheddar to get a great or even decent bike new. Well I do, but I am on unemployment vacation right now, so it is imprudent to ravage my savings which I especially need right now. I was gonna order the Motobecane Fantom Trail as I have mentioned in my other posts, but bikesdirect emailed me saying it does not have braze-ons for a rear rack. I wanted to eventually get a rear rack that can at least handle 40 lb. for local grocery shopping, so that had me considering Craigslist used.

    @dhambrick:
    Yeah, that is their double ads. The actual bike looks like it might be this 1998 (or even older since that is when the Rockhopper line last had rigids) that retailed for $430: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...0018&Type=bike
    But he is asking $350, 12+ years later!

    @buffalotit:
    I am assuming you are Mark the mutant. I guess dhambrick was honest about wasting your time, or you couldn't have found this thread, LOL!
    Remember, I know your real name, have your phone #, your email, your girl's real name and her email too. You only know the false name in my email header and my email addy. Maybe I should email her some advice to get rid of toxic psycho's from her life, which I will do if dare insult me in this thread once more! If me simply telling you by email I'm not interested and that you should alter your misleading ad, had you raging like some butthurt, unhinged, rabid squirrel, I can only imagine what those actually close to you have to deal with. My condolences to your family and acquaintances, they need a well-spring of tolerance and anti-acid tablets to deal with you.
    Last edited by RoyFokker; 05-01-2010 at 05:08 AM.

  19. #19
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,275
    I've sold 2 bikes on Craigslist in the past year and so far it's been pretty painless aside from the ridiculous lowball offers and spam. I have another one up now and a pretty serious sounding potential buyer coming to look at it Monday. Fingers crossed.
    No moss...

  20. #20
    soothsayer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    hey royfokker you really got me going now. i think you are stupid but please dont call my girl. she is all i have. i bet your are a decent rider but your probably not that good. I have another bike for sale if you are interested it is a 2003 stumpjumper hardtail 17 inch frame avid juicy hydraulic disk brakes a fox fork with xt and lx componentry in pretty much mint condition. im asking 650 so if your interested you know my contact info. best of luck to you


    --Mutant

  21. #21
    keeping it dirty
    Reputation: intoflatlines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    409
    I actually just LOL'ed

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhambrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalotit
    hey royfokker you really got me going now. i think you are stupid but please dont call my girl. she is all i have. i bet your are a decent rider but your probably not that good. I have another bike for sale if you are interested it is a 2003 stumpjumper hardtail 17 inch frame avid juicy hydraulic disk brakes a fox fork with xt and lx componentry in pretty much mint condition. im asking 650 so if your interested you know my contact info. best of luck to you


    --Mutant
    See, that wasn't so hard. That is how you should advertise a product you are selling. The person that is buying your "whatever" is doing you a favor, so make it easy for them. I can pretty much tell you no one on this site will buy your bike because of trust issues. From reading you last post you don't sound like a completely horrible person but we can only get an idea of who you are buy the words and sentences you post in emails and forums, so make them count. Like royfokker said, be CAREFUL about what you put in future posts on this site as we all know who you are.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhambrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFokker
    @all downing Craigslist:
    You guys are right, it is a cesspoll. That douche even was mocking that "this isn't ebay". Since he is so childish, needing the final word, he made a last insulting post that he is "not some ebay power seller". This was not a bad experience by craigslist standards, alot of time I try to sell stuff and people no-show wasting alot more of my time. Or I give someone my phone # so they can pickup a cheap item, $10, and this lady phone jockey keeps calling me to tell why she can't show up, what she had to do as excuses, what she is doing and when she thinks she can come, only to never come after phone jockeying so many texts and calls. I am sick of these bike ads with no proper info on frame size, year, components, often they don't even mention their locale, I felt like venting here a lil and warning people of this site.

    I don't have the cheddar to get a great or even decent bike new. Well I do, but I am on unemployment vacation right now, so it is imprudent to ravage my savings which I especially need right now. I was gonna order the Motobecane Fantom Trail as I have mentioned in my other posts, but bikesdirect emailed me saying it does not have braze-ons for a rear rack. I wanted to eventually get a rear rack that can at least handle 40 lb. for local grocery shopping, so that had me considering Craigslist used.

    @dhambrick:
    Yeah, that is their double ads. The actual bike looks like it might be this 1998 (or even older since that is when the Rockhopper line last had rigids) that retailed for $430: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...0018&Type=bike
    But he is asking $350, 12+ years later!

    @buffalotit:
    I am assuming you are Mark the mutant. I guess dhambrick was honest about wasting your time, or you couldn't have found this thread, LOL!
    Remember, I know your real name, have your phone #, your email, your girl's real name and her email too. You only know the false name in my email header and my email addy. Maybe I should email her some advice to get rid of toxic psycho's from her life, which I will do if dare insult me in this thread once more! If me simply telling you by email I'm not interested and that you should alter your misleading ad, had you raging like some butthurt, unhinged, rabid squirrel, I can only imagine what those actually close to you have to deal with. My condolences to your family and acquaintances, they need a well-spring of tolerance and anti-acid tablets to deal with you.
    These racks work on most bikes and don't require any mounting points other than a seat tube. I say it again yesterday at my LBS and remembered the manufacturer.

    http://www.modernbike.com/itemgroup.asp?IGPK=2126175263

  24. #24
    FKA Malibu412
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,120

    This is going to go bad...

    in before the lock/delete.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhambrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    in before the lock/delete.
    I don't think so. Read the guy's last post. I think he gets it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •