Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTB B'dos

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! CRC - customer service? (x-post)

Just wanted to throw this one up there for anyone looking to order from these clowns, they don't have a fvcking clue what customer service is, they do what they want and tell you that's how it's going to be.

What am I going on about? Well I've been in the market for a set of the XT 785 brakes and curious about CRC as a online supplier. They've generally had the best prices, but stock has been in and out so I've been waiting on them to get the "correct" "pair" in stock to purchase. I signed up to be notified when the items came into stock, it was always one was there, other was out of stock.

So last week I get my e-mail notification that they're both in stock and place my order, I check the next day and it's not been sent out yet despite their claim to the contrary that if all items are in stock it'll ship the same day. I check the next day, still not shipped, so I e-mail customer service and get back a prompt reply that they'll check into it. I get another e-mail shortly after saying that there was an issue with one item not having being unpacked and added to stock, but they assure me that that's not a problem and that should happen and the order shipped out by weekend.

Saturday morning I get a notification from their "Backorder" division saying that the one brake I waited to come in stock, that was shown in stock and is still showing as IN STOCK on their site is actually not in stock and they've just cancelled it off my order and are shipping the rest of the order for me. They didn't send an e-mail asking if I still wanted the order minus the part, is this all right by me, no they told me they're shipping it as is and they'll refund the money to my car, but it'll take a few days, and they're throwing me a 5pound coupon for my trouble Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that

So I call CRC this morning, I ask the "CS (term used VERY loosely) what's going on, did the order ship despite my e-mail saying that I DO NOT want it if both brakes aren't in the order? She replies yes it did, that's just how we do it. So I asked her what good is one brake to me and what am I to do about the shipping I'll have to pay to get the other brake? Will she put it onto my account that the item wasn't in stock and shipping will be waived? No we cannot do that sir, we have given you the 5 pound coupon though and you can apply that to your shipping, you can refuse the order if you wish and then it'll come back to use with the same courier and then you'll be credited for the order - SERIOUSLY Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that I'll be calling my CC company shortly to see about getting the entire thing refunded and report them to the Better Business Bureau in England/Ireland.

They will never see another order from me, they are a bunch of crooks

[EDITED to update a bit] SO I decided to give it a another try, maybe the "CS" rep I got was just a useless tool, so I called back and asked for the CS rep I'd been in e-mail contact with. The lady I talked with couldn't figure out who Alan M was, so she tried to help me. She was very apologetic and understanding when I explained the situation and said she totally understood. She confirmed my tel number and said she's be passing it on to a supervisor and they would get back to me. I only wish that I'd ask for the "CS" reps name earlier so I would know who to let them know lost them a customer and who now if this lady comes through has kept a customer. Will update is this comes to something
    Last edited by LyNx; 12-03-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Spoke to someone who has a clue about CS
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

banned
    This is normal business for them, there is a reason they are the cheapest.

Same thing happened to my buddy. Ordered a set of Hope brakes and they only shipped one and backordered the other. He did have to call his CC and file a chargeback. After doing so magically they found the other brake.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, up until now I've heard a mix of good and bad about them, but had been wanting to give them a try and everywhere else is out of stock until middle of the month or later ('cept Wiggle, who just got them all back in stock and who I'll use if this doesn't workout) so I decided to give them a try. I explained to this new lady I talked to that I've never had this happen before, if it was the e-tailers fault that something wasn't in stock for whatever reason, I was given the option to cancel the order or it's been kept as an open order, what's there was shipped and then the remaining item(s) shipped when in stock at no expense to me for the shipping.

According to the useless first CS rep I talked to the item was there, just not unpacked and on the shelf yet and would probably be there by the end of the day, but wouldn't accept that she should keep the order open and send it when pickable at their expense

Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    This is normal business for them, there is a reason they are the cheapest.

Same thing happened to my buddy. Ordered a set of Hope brakes and they only shipped one and backordered the other. He did have to call his CC and file a chargeback. After doing so magically they found the other brake.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

No Stranger to danger....
    First of all calm down..if you were this upset with the girl on the phone no wonder you didnt get very far..

Ive used CRC for 6 years and putting on average of 8-10 orders a year spending over 6k with them easy.
    On the phone their customer service has been second to none, with very pleasent staff willing to work with me not against me, and ive had phone contact about 20 times..

They have only ever left out two items to which they sent me out the item asap with free posting of course.
    My items are all sent the day of ordering or the day later if i make my order too late in the day.

My packages get to AUS within 5-8 working days all the way from Ireland, the packages are always packed great, i couldnt ask for more out of a company, its the only one i use on the net.

I made two orders last week, which i got 15% off and free shipping as always...

So for your one negative story, heres 60 great stories for you from CRC..

I have no affiliation with CRC other than im a very happy customer and thats the only place i'll ever use...

I just thought id weigh in here with some good feedback to counteract your rant..

Do your best to send a complaint against them lol, do you know they do 60 thousand orders a week, and are the biggest online shop in the world? Theres a reason for that.
    They must be doing something right, and the 60 orders ive made with them are testiment to their great service and business toward me, its also the same reason why every mate i have into MTBs order from them too.

cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Not only have you made this thread here but you have made the exact same one in another sub-forum, look dont stop with two, why not 3 or 4, all because you got sent half an order...
    You havnt been ripped off any cash have you? nobody at CRC killed your puppy or f****** you missus did they?

MTB B'dos
    I'm not crying, I am expressing my distinct displeasure about the shittyness of this encounter, that's what this site is about. In e-mail contact with them I SPECIFICALLY let them know that 1 brake was of no use to me and I did not want the order if that was the case, the e-mail I received just telling me they were cancelling the brake off the order and sending the rest of the stuff was UNACCEPTABLE.

When I called the "CS" rep offered no such solution as you've received, which is the same thing I've received from my countless orders over the past 8 years with JensonUSA - they don't have it in stock, but showed in stock, they messed up, order is left as open, parts in stock shipped and part(s) shipped when in stock FOC.

If this turns out to be one shitty CS rep who shouldn't have a job, then I will update this as such and give the full story, but as of now it stands as is. As to how many orders they deal with a week, who cares really, they Fd up MY order, my FIRST order with them after waiting to give them a try.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Amongst other things you called them a ''bunch of crooks'', after a simple mistake was made on their behalf, when they told you could refuse the order and it would go back by courier to them and you would be fully refunded.
    Just refuse the order, its easy, the woman on the phone didnt pack the order and send it, no point being upset with her, sounds like she did all she could for your problem...

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with CRC, hopefully your issue will get resolved.

I am and will remain a loyal customer of CRC. They have consistently exceeded my expectations for years and I recommend them to everyone.

mtbr member
    While we're cross-posting I may as well copy the reply I gave your post in the other forum...

A lot of people have had similar problems with CRC. It seems the stock indications on their site are not 'real time' ie the stock register isn't actually updated until the items are picked. But during that time lag between you clicking 'buy' and your order being fulfilled, there could be any number of buyers of the same item ahead of you in the queue that run the stock out. CRC are even up front about the fact that anyone who pays extra for immediate shipping will jump the queue.

This contrasts with some other big online sites (most notably the German ones) who update their web site stock levels immediately. So, for example, a couple of days ago I bought a pair of wheels from one German site, and the instant I clicked 'add to basket' the item changed to out of stock on the main page, showing that I'd nabbed the last pair.

Its a tradeoff for the retailer - immediate updating of stock risks losing a couple of sales as 'window shoppers' add things to their baskets and so they show out of stock to others, but then don't go thru with the purchase. However, to do it the CRC way risks upsetting customers who tried to buy something showing in stock to subsequently find out it wasn't. At the end of the day, they've chosen to run their business this way, and presumably have a reason for doing so!

None of this excuses bad customer service of course, but I hope it explains why CRC seem to run into this kind of problem more often than some other retailers...
    And as for CRC being the only ones with stock of the M785, try...

Shimano XT Scheibenbremse BR-M785 Set schwarz

or

Shimano XT Scheibenbremse BR-M785 Modell 2012 - BIKE-COMPONENTS.DE

or

Bike24 - Shimano Deore XT BR-M785 + BL-M785 Scheibenbremse hinten schwarz
    Last edited by PerthMTB; 12-03-2012 at 06:42 AM.

MTB B'dos
    Thanks, also found them in stock @ Wiggle,Wiggle | Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake Lever and PM Caliper | Disc Brakes but will give this until the end of the day before I order from someplace else and expanse myself. Also don't speak/read/write German, so can't imagine if I needed any assistance on an order what that would be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthMTB View Post
    While we're cross-posting I may as well copy the reply I gave your post in the other forum...
    And as for CRC being the only ones with stock of the M785, try...

Shimano XT Scheibenbremse BR-M785 Set schwarz
    or
    Shimano XT Scheibenbremse BR-M785 Modell 2012 - BIKE-COMPONENTS.DE
    or
    Bike24 - Shimano Deore XT BR-M785 + BL-M785 Scheibenbremse hinten schwarz
    Yes, it is "crooked" to have something listed as in stock when it is not to get people to place an order and more so to tell them you've not got it and will still send the remainder of the order and not ASK them if they still wish the order.

Yes, I have the ability to refuse the order, but until they recieve it back, unless I file a claimback with my CC company the charge stays on my CC, lowers my spending limit, accrues interest and restricts me from ordering maybe from another place, paying another bill etc.

As to helpful, yes the 2nd time I called the lady was very helpful, totally gets CS, the 1st, a useless excuse for a CS person. I was very calm, used no profanity while talking to the 1st woman, held my temper until the 3rd time I tried to explain the situation and that it was wrong, even then I just told her she was of no help and hung up.

Almost forgot, received an excuse of an e-mail from Alan M saying he tried to call, but the lady who answered the phone said that it was the wrong number The number on my account is my cell #, I am the only person who answers it, he obviously dialed the wrong number or doesn't know how to place an international call.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Amongst other things you called them a ''bunch of crooks'', after a simple mistake was made on their behalf, when they told you could refuse the order and it would go back by courier to them and you would be fully refunded.
    Just refuse the order, its easy, the woman on the phone didnt pack the order and send it, no point being upset with her, sounds like she did all she could for your problem...
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

AZ
    banned
    Blah, blah, blah. Lxnx posts sh!t like this once a year. Complaining about service is one thing but resorting to libelous slander is poor form. Consider the source when perusing these threads.

mtbr member
    i had a little bit of a communication issue with them once but am satisfied overall. 3 orders total...

mtbr member
    Maybe next time support a local bike shop and buy from them. Better service but maybe not the cheapest price you can find.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. Lxnx posts sh!t like this once a year. Complaining about service is one thing but resorting to libelous slander is poor form. Consider the source when perusing these threads.
    Calling people crooks because there is a mistake in an order is poor form.
    The first thing CRC does when something is out of stock that you have ordered is Email you to tell you that its out of stock, if the order has been sent they credit your credit card straight away with the amount of the item they couldnt send, i have no problem with that at all, it doesnt sound like they are ''crooks'' to me at all, infact what ever small problem you have they are very quick to refund you or send you the product asap.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, it might be IF I hadn't had e-mail contact with them and specifically told them rep I was dealing with that the order was of NO USE to me if BOTH brakes did not ship. That should have been noted on the order, in fact, not necessary as the choice should have been left to me, one e-mail stating that the brake was out of stock - what do you want to do?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    what do you want to do?

Nothing. Getting bent doesn't affect the outcome. Life is too short to allow trivial matters drive me to rants on the interwebs.

MTB B'dos
    As the saying goes, "First experience leaves the biggest impression". Up until the order was shipped I had been impressed with the response from them with queries, they had answered my e-mails promptly with the questions I had about why it hadn't shipped and reassured about it shipping complete. When I woke this AM (5 hours behind them) there was no reply to either e-mail I sent stating I didn't want only one brake, instead I received notification the order had been shipped, sans the "out of stock" brake.

When I then called, I got my first "live" impression and that was of the same as the people I talk to doing CS for Cable & Wireless down here and that is "Ooops sorry, but honestly don't give a **** and not going to even try to see if there's something to be done, I'll still get paid, toodles".

I just received a call from the rep I was originally dealing with and he agreed that it was not right and he is checking into if the part is actually there still packed and will un-packed and be ready to ship by tomorrow and if so will ship it and bump the shipping so that I can get both packages arrive "together" and be able to use them. This is the same sort of service as Tone has said he has received from them and all I wanted, but my first call was answered by someone who obviously doesn't know anything about CS and where responsibilities lie and the inkling to try to do even the very slightest something about it. If the promise if fulfilled I will gladly extol the virtues of CR'sC excellent CS and only wish I'd asked for the 1st CS reps name.

Calling people crooks because there is a mistake in an order is poor form.
    The first thing CRC does when something is out of stock that you have ordered is Email you to tell you that its out of stock, if the order has been sent they credit your credit card straight away with the amount of the item they couldnt send, i have no problem with that at all, it doesnt sound like they are ''crooks'' to me at all, infact what ever small problem you have they are very quick to refund you or send you the product asap.
    Unfortunately no such thing exists on this island or I would do. Although I could get the one local shop to special order in a set at about avg what I can find them for on the web, then pay in excess of 45% duties and then mark them up and sell me them for about 2-3 times MSRP I've no idea quite where this local shop get's it's stuff, but I once asked about BB7s and when I told them I could get one for $54 US they told me that was lower than they'd get them for
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi View Post
    Maybe next time support a local bike shop and buy from them. Better service but maybe not the cheapest price you can find.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    As the saying goes, "First experience leaves the biggest impression". Up until the order was shipped I had been impressed with the response from them with queries, they had answered my e-mails promptly with the questions I had about why it hadn't shipped and reassured about it shipping complete. When I woke this AM (5 hours behind them) there was no reply to either e-mail I sent stating I didn't want only one brake, instead I received notification the order had been shipped, sans the "out of stock" brake.

When I then called, I got my first "live" impression and that was of the same as the people I talk to doing CS for Cable & Wireless down here and that is "Ooops sorry, but honestly don't give a **** and not going to even try to see if there's something to be done, I'll still get paid, toodles".

I just received a call from the rep I was originally dealing with and he agreed that it was not right and he is checking into if the part is actually there still packed and will un-packed and be ready to ship by tomorrow and if so will ship it and bump the shipping so that I can get both packages arrive "together" and be able to use them. This is the same sort of service as Tone has said he has received from them and all I wanted, but my first call was answered by someone who obviously doesn't know anything about CS and where responsibilities lie and the inkling to try to do even the very slightest something about it. If the promise if fulfilled I will gladly extol the virtues of CR'sC excellent CS and only wish I'd asked for the 1st CS reps name.
    Fair post mate, i realised you have a reason to be annoyed and the situation is unfortunate seeings you were doing your best to communicate with them as to what you wanted..
    Can you just get the one break and order the other one today from somewhere else?
    It takes them about 1 day to refund your credit card, the money should be already there for you to purchase it from somewhere else, cheers

MTB B'dos
    I'm sticking to my word and giving them until tomorrow to ship the other brake out if it is in fact just not unpacked yet, so will wait and update the thread as I promised. If this doesn't happen then I will have to order the other brake from someplace else as a buds bike just got stolen and I want to lend him my HT, but at his size he needs better brakes than what's on there - they don't really stop my 175-180lbs geared self, so him trying it with them @ 220lbs, I'd guess he'd get seriously injured.

Fair post mate, i realised you have a reason to be annoyed and the situation is unfortunate seeings you were doing your best to communicate with them as to what you wanted..
    Can you just get the one break and order the other one today from somewhere else?
    It takes them about 1 day to refund your credit card, the money should be already there for you to purchase it from somewhere else, cheers
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Plays with tools
    DO you want the best service or the best prices?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I have been using CRC for about 5 years. I have never had any issues with their service and that includes a recent problem where I ordered a pair of shorts that were too big, sent them back for a refund and ordered the smaller pair, instead of refunding me CRC sent out another pair. Two phone calls and it was all sorted out and it didn't cost me anything extra other than the postage to send the original too large shorts back.

I highly recommend their service.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nothing but positive things to say about CRC.
    You're a whiner.
    LS

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I've had a few things from them over the years, straightforward items that I could see was in stock- can't fault them myself on my experience. Cheap, quick.

MTB B'dos
    Yes, in your books I guess I am. But because no one ever saw darling Johnny's father beat him, they all thought he was a great man, friendly and pleasant, but if they'd bother to look from Johnnys perspective they'd have seen it differently

I've read good and bad for them, in regards to this problem though of not having stuff in stock and sending out incomplete orders without asking if you still want it despite not being properly fullfilled, it has been more bad than good.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them (not one word today on their promise of fulfilling the order) and will give them just a while longer before I make up my mind on if I will file a chargeback with my CC company, or just wait and refuse the shipment or accept and order from another shop and never use them again

Quote Originally Posted by Lickety Split View Post
    Nothing but positive things to say about CRC.
    You're a whiner.
    LS
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

^^^^That'll do me.........poor Johnny.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast