Thread: Cool New Tandem

mtbr member

Cool New Tandem

Not into road bikes at all but many are and this is too good to not post. Unless you are of the persuasion who does not like technology and we all know there are lots of those types lurking around these pages But to everyone else...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cool New Tandem-specialized-tandem4.jpg  

Cool New Tandem-specialized-tandem2.jpg  

Cool New Tandem-specialized-tandem1.jpg  

Cool New Tandem-specialized-tandem.jpg  

Cool New Tandem-specialized-tandem5.jpg  

No it never stops hurting, but if you keep at it you can go faster.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I don't know much about road bikes either, but that is jaw dropping. This thing deserves its own room in a modern art gallery, but I'd love to see it in action too.

And check out that drive train! Is there a drive shaft between the front and rear cranks?

All 26.5" all the time!
    Is there a reason the stokers cranks aren't timed at 180 degrees?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    rider preference?

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    rider preference?
    heads or tails?
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    I don't know much about road bikes either, but that is jaw dropping. This thing deserves its own room in a modern art gallery, but I'd love to see it in action too.

And check out that drive train! Is there a drive shaft between the front and rear cranks?
    There's that "shaft-driven" logo on the bottom tube between the two cranksets. I'd assume that shaft travels through the carbon tube, from the front to the rear crankset.

But that's one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen. Even if those horrid SRAM wheels weren't on there, I've always disliked that style of integrated headtube/stem/handlebar configuration when it's not on a TT-specific bike.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    There's that "shaft-driven" logo on the bottom tube between the two cranksets. I'd assume that shaft travels through the carbon tube, from the front to the rear crankset.

But that's one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen. Even if those horrid SRAM wheels weren't on there, I've always disliked that style of integrated headtube/stem/handlebar configuration when it's not on a TT-specific bike.
    Hey, what-dya-know...it does say shaft drive. I should blow up the picture more and actually read next time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanetti View Post
    Is there a reason the stokers cranks aren't timed at 180 degrees?
    Hmm, in picture 3 they definitely are not, in picture 4 it looks a lot closer, maybe independent drive?

OP, is this from any kind of article you can link to so we can read up?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    I agree with your assessment (ooo-geh-ley) but it is built in the style of a TT bike.

Tandems should be for lazy days around town (or the beach!) in my estimation, but whatever goes.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ah a new divorce machine I mean tandem bike.

mtbr member
    looks like backseater is going to be getting a load but in the face on this.

Not my idea of "Tandem".... That is unless I happen to find the right front seater.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    I don't remember where I saw it, I just saved the pics. Maybe Bike Radar?? Try a google search.

mtbr member
    The bike is at the Specialized HQ in Morgan Hill. Unfortunately if I recall the bike does not actually work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    The bike is at the Specialized HQ in Morgan Hill. Unfortunately if I recall the bike does not actually work.

That sure is lame if it's true. I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless it's the shaft drive.