mtbr member
    Jun 2012

New question here. Convert from Open to an Active/Brain type suspension?

Hey guys I'm trying to sell my 2002 S-Works to get something newer with auto lockout suspension. Has anyone tried to match/better Specialized's Brain tech with a Fox Shock w/boost/pro pedal and a Fox Terralogic fork?

How did it turn out? I'm looking for a fairly rigid suspension setup that opens up in the rough stuff and stays fairly locked on hills.

If you have done this was it worth the money or should I just lower my bike price and get something newer?

Thanks for the help

PS I've got my bike listed on kijiji with a bunch of pics, are we allowed to include a link?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go29er View Post
    Hey guys I'm trying to sell my 2002 S-Works to get something newer with auto lockout suspension. Has anyone tried to match/better Specialized's Brain tech with a Fox Shock w/boost/pro pedal and a Fox Terralogic fork?

How did it turn out? I'm looking for a fairly rigid suspension setup that opens up in the rough stuff and stays fairly locked on hills.

If you have done this was it worth the money or should I just lower my bike price and get something newer?

Thanks for the help

PS I've got my bike listed on kijiji with a bunch of pics, are we allowed to include a link?
    Whats a brain?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Whats a brain?
    Suspension stays locked until it hits a bump then it allows the shock/fork to work.

Specialized/Fox remote Mini-Brain inertia-valve shock with Kashima coating and new 2012 tune to seamlessly transition from efficient pedaling on smooth terrain to fully active on rough terrain

Custom RockShox SID World Cup 29 fork with Specialized Brain inertia-valve damping has 100mm of air-sprung travel and a carbon steerer tube to create the most efficient and supple cross-country fork available

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Anyone?

T.W.O.
    Are you getting a new epic? What kind of riding do you do?