mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Contour Camera Durability Question

Can the Contour Camera withstand mountain bike crashes? It's very exposed I feel like it scratches up badly...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It is a very stout camera. The only potentially vulnerable spot is the lens, but mine has held up very well for the last year. The lens is easily replaceable if necessary.

psycho cyclo addict
    Plenty durable in my experience. I endoed with my Roam early last year (messing with trying to turn it on while bombing down a freeride trail- BAD IDEA eheheh) and it came out fine. I nailed it again a couple of months later during a front wheel washout dealy. That crash snapped the widget that tightens the ball adjuster on their handlebar mount. I contacted Contour and they sent a replacement. I've ridden with it in light/medium rain also and still works like a champ.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've crashed so hard that it didn't record the crash (camera door flew open and unlocked the battery). But the camera still works great. Not that I recommend that type of testing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    ok sick, i am definitely getting the roam 2

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jelloseed View Post
    I've crashed so hard that it didn't record the crash (camera door flew open and unlocked the battery). But the camera still works great. Not that I recommend that type of testing.
    Not an issue with the Roam. The door locks and the battery is built in.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

official eMpTyBRain
    My Contour HD is falling apart from many miles of trail bouncing abuse...but it still works GREAT!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation