• 11-05-2012
    j.e.perry
    Contour Camera Durability Question
    Can the Contour Camera withstand mountain bike crashes? It's very exposed I feel like it scratches up badly...
  • 11-05-2012
    icantdrive65
    It is a very stout camera. The only potentially vulnerable spot is the lens, but mine has held up very well for the last year. The lens is easily replaceable if necessary.
  • 11-05-2012
    edubfromktown
    Plenty durable in my experience. I endoed with my Roam early last year (messing with trying to turn it on while bombing down a freeride trail- BAD IDEA eheheh) and it came out fine. I nailed it again a couple of months later during a front wheel washout dealy. That crash snapped the widget that tightens the ball adjuster on their handlebar mount. I contacted Contour and they sent a replacement. I've ridden with it in light/medium rain also and still works like a champ.
  • 11-05-2012
    jelloseed
    I've crashed so hard that it didn't record the crash (camera door flew open and unlocked the battery). But the camera still works great. Not that I recommend that type of testing.
  • 11-05-2012
    j.e.perry
    ok sick, i am definitely getting the roam 2
  • 11-05-2012
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jelloseed View Post
    I've crashed so hard that it didn't record the crash (camera door flew open and unlocked the battery). But the camera still works great. Not that I recommend that type of testing.

Not an issue with the Roam. The door locks and the battery is built in.
  • 11-05-2012
    Hawg
    My Contour HD is falling apart from many miles of trail bouncing abuse...but it still works GREAT!