Bro
    Where I do my thinking

Consumer loyalty?

I just realized, as I've gathered these tools over the years.... Half of my tools are Pedro's, half are Park Tool. It makes me feel bad, almost like I'm cheating on them. And then I have the loneman CB-19 multitool that I just picked up yesterday. And the Phil's grease..... And the Finish Line lube and degreaser....

I feel bad, almost like I've just picked up whatever was available, trying to spread my love between the LBS (lovin') and REI (savin' money). What should I do?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Not worry about it. I think Pedro's makes some tools that are better than Park Tools and vice versa. And Topeak has the best travel pump( Road Morph). But yeah, they're all multi- million dollar corporations and probably could care less what one person does. I'm the same way with my tool spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    But.... I gotta have my clothes match my saddle match my bar wrap match my tires match my skin color, so that only means I gotta have my pedal wrench match my allen keys match my spoke wrench match my regular wrench match my.... I HATE BEING A ROADIE.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Oh yeah, there is that.

Luckily, that part of me only extends to the kit matching the bike, matching the gloves. My tools don't matter so much since I'm the only one that sees them.

So pissed my kit matches my old bike and not the new one. Grrr...
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Man, who am I kidding. My kit doesn't even match. Today I was wearing Pricepoint socks, Euskaltel shorts, and my local Basque cultural center club jersey. I guess that's why I crashed. Merkx didn't approve. I don't think my helmet matched anything I wear. So that helmet got trashed. So I went out, spent ten times as much on a new helmet as I did on the old helmet, and the new helmet matches everything, because it's black and shiny and carbony. That, and the fact that it's a racing helmet that fits my glasses' arms when I take them off.

Sweet roadie victory.

My kit only matches because I have a proclivity for black. My bike is green and the fork is white. My gloves are red. I'm a freaking eyesore on the trail. Also, I ride my MtB in a CSC replica jersey sometimes. Is that a faux pas? Road jersey on the trail? If so, f^ck it. I ride what I can afford.

Swedetarded
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Man, who am I kidding. My kit doesn't even match. Today I was wearing Pricepoint socks, Euskaltel shorts, and my local Basque cultural center club jersey. I guess that's why I crashed. Merkx didn't approve. I don't think my helmet matched anything I wear. So that helmet got trashed. So I went out, spent ten times as much on a new helmet as I did on the old helmet, and the new helmet matches everything, because it's black and shiny and carbony. That, and the fact that it's a racing helmet that fits my glasses' arms when I take them off.

Sweet roadie victory.
    If Lord Mario was capable of crying, he would be crying now.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigisbudgood View Post
    If Lord Mario was capable of crying, he would be crying now.
    FWIW, I got the old helmet on hella sale. It was $15.

I win, mine was free.

This reads way d0^chey, I assure you it is in jest. No, I did not eat the helmet.

Its got what plants crave
    The only loyalty I really have as far as my tools and parts are concerned is a loyalty to my wallet.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Screw that guy. I regularly abuse my wallet with a fervor. Much the the chagrin of the woman.