mtbr member

The Collective DVD

I just watched The Collective DVD with a friend, and it is awesome! They do some pretty extreme (at least for me) drops/jumps. The official website is http://www.thecollectivefilm.com/ if you're interested. I saw a few sites where you could download (legally) video for 2.99 and the dvd is 20 bucks or so. I'm sure lots of you have already seen it.

Enjoy.

Scott

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Its by far the best mountain bike (freerideish) movie out. I think there must be a subliminal message in it because my 2 year old watches it over and over. Spong Bob? NO. Cartoons? NO. Bike video? YA! YA! not such a bad thing. They have a new one coming out called "Roam" Cant wait to here a new sound track playing over and over in my head

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    NWD 4 and NWD 5 are pretty good too (I haven't watched any other NWDs yet) but they might not be suitable for children. (NWD 4 intro and some songs from both of them)
    my bike is a $250 "department store" full suspension bike... seriously....

mtbr member
    Wow! Just watched the teasers for The Collective, as well as their upcoming film, Roam. They both look incredible. Way better than the music video style of film that most mtb films are made. I'll be buying both of them soon.

mtbr member
    I know, Roam looks like it's going to be pretty sweet too. Just about another month to go.

mtbr member
    Do you know of a place where I can watch the trailer for New World Disorder? (NWD, right?) I'm more of a try before I buy guy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAPerk
    Do you know of a place where I can watch the trailer for New World Disorder? (NWD, right?) I'm more of a try before I buy guy.
    Im pretty sure you can find it at www.nsmb.com

Village Dirtbag
    Hey M-dub- can I borrow your "The Collective" video? And your Hayes bleed kit?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    Hey M-dub- can I borrow your "The Collective" video? And your Hayes bleed kit?

Thanks
    I dont know if the little guy can go a day with out watching it?! Ya I got to find that darn bleed kit.

Village Dirtbag
    Ah! Yeah- if it is something he watches every day, nevermind

I'm sure that watching that every day beats the hell out of listening to Barney the purple dinosaur or whatever!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Question: the Bike Magazine article on these Collective films made it sound like there was much more footage of "classic" singletrack riding compared to the typical mtb dvd (which seem to be mostly freeride). Do you find that to be true? More singletrack riding in the Collective?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    There is a bunch of singletrack riding in the Collective than other videos I have seen. I would say it's about half singletrack and half freeride.

mtbr member
    Probably true when compared to most modern biking films. I read the same Bike article and bought it hoping for something like Tread/ReTread. I like the film, but it had less of the classic singletrack footage than I had hoped for.

mtbr member
    Just ordered The Collective and have watched it at least five or six times now. Outstanding. Far and away the best MTB video I've seen. It has a lot more single track video than most of the others, but I'd say there's still more emphasis on free riding.

Scuffed
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAPerk

http://sports.freecaster.com/mov.php...=564&cat=00003 has lots of trailers for mtb videos. There are a couple of NWD ones there. I have NWD 5 & 6 and have almost warn the DVD player out with them.