Thread: Chuck CR-FS

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Chuck CR-FS

I was tring to get hold of one of these frames, produced from 98 to 01 (I think).
    I am interested to know the opinions of anyone who has owned on of these bike... how does it ride... how does it compare to more modern equivalents... etc

Also if anyone has any magazine reviews or brochures from back in the day, I would be interested to see them.

Lastly if anyone has any info as to where I might find a frame for sale (preferably 18" in red) please let me know.

Please send any info to rik_10@hotmail.com

thanks in advance
    rich

One wheeled
    Mine was a 98 model. It's a good, yet heavy, cross country frame. Rides and bobs like any of its design, Fox Pro-pedal shock would make a good update. Don't think a Romic or Progressive would fit do to spring diameter. Tire size is limited in the back to a 2.3, even then it would rub the front derailleur cable stop on full compression. Some frames had a misalignment in the swing arm. So much for the lifetime warranty....

"Why I oughta..."
    I too have/had a Chuck CR-FS, still have the frame as one day it may become a wall ornament in the garage or perhaps I will fix it. Seems they had a nasty habit of the interior seat tube cracking which mine did. Maybe a little trial and error to fix it someday.

Anyways the Romic shock do fit (funny since Darren of Push made the Chuck line and Romic). Never had the problems of bob with that shock on the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boboso; 09-12-2004 at 08:16 PM. Reason: add photo

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boboso
    I too have/had a Chuck CR-FS, still have the frame as one day it may become a wall ornament in the garage or perhaps I will fix it. Seems they had a nasty habit of the interior seat tube cracking which mine did. Maybe a little trial and error to fix it someday.

Anyways the Romic shock do fit (funny since Darren of Push made the Chuck line and Romic). Never had the problems of bob with that shock on the bike.

Boboso,

How does the ride and handling compare to your Tracer? Did you always run the romic shock on it?

I don't suppose that you're interested in selling your frame? I could send you a poster of it to put on your wall instead... :-)

cheers
    Rich

One wheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by boboso
    Anyways the Romic shock do fit (funny since Darren of Push made the Chuck line and Romic).
    If you don't mind, would you measure the clearance of the spring to the frame. What weight spring are you running? TIA

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Its April of 2012 and Im still riding mine ! I love it. Never had any problems.