Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Check in here if you don't give a RAT'S A** about Lance Armstrong's drug use...

I keep getting asked about how I feel about Lance Armstrong from non-riders who know I ride. I really couldn't care any less about it - I guess I feel it's a real first world issue that doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever - I'm sure somebody will try to say otherwise... but believe you me, nothing in my life has changed because of any of this.

I have never ridden in a Livestrong event (I prefer Cyclists for a Cultural Exchange if I'm going to support a charity), bought anything endorsed by Lance Armstrong, or really gotten into the Tour more than just a TV spectator who enjoys bike racing.

I guess I really don't have a dog in this fight at all - and I know I can't be the only one who doesn't care about it.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Me too. People have asked me what I think of it, and I simply reply, "I don't care. I'm over it." That's usually the end of the interrogation on their part.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Looks like he didn't use drugs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was wondering if Lance would end up with his own forum here, like they did for Interbike in the past.
    Now I wonder if it will (finally) lose steam and go away.

The Original Suspect
    I am with you Dion...doesn't effect me one bit. I don't even have a livestrong bracelet and never have!

mtbr member
    I tend to think of Lance Armstrong as a tireless fighter of cancer and someone who has used his powers for true good in a common cause. Anything that involves him on a bicycle (drugged or not) couldn't be of less interest to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thank you Dion..I'd be curious who didn't use though.. short list I bet.
    lean forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

HAHA that is the funniest blooper I have seen in a while. Using rugs is bad, you use rugs one day and 1 year later your addicted to carpets and you have carpet burn all over and then your lost to society!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Does it affect me at all? Nope.

He cheated (so did others). They got caught.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Lance who?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    He was the best doper thats it, from the time I raced quad, moto, dirt track, or mud track the saying was the same "If you aint cheating, you aint winning."

'11 Opus Strat

Oh man.. LOL.. Leave it to CBC...

I am still wearing my Livestrong rubber bracelet. Simply because it came with a pair of shorts I bought from Sport Chek and haven't taken it off since my little girl was born ( well over a year, more of a sentimental thing ) That being said. I had, like your experience, A non-rider "friend" approach me yesterday outside of coffee shop ( Timmies! ). Seeing the yellow band on my wrist, he couldn't help but ignorantly blurt out " You support a doper? ". I held my tongue slightly, saying to him the man had a legendary career and made some pretty significant STUPID choices, but that doesn't make him a bad person. I also added that the coffee he was drinking and the tobacco smoke he was blowing in my face was far more harmful to general public then a cancer survivor, plus a very charitable person would be.

No, I'm not a Lance fanboy. It's just disgusting how everyone picks everything apart to what they feel is proper and valid to the rest of the human race. You know how many brilliant, athletic people smoke marijuana? Are they bad people? Look at the population of British Columbia MTB'ers, BMX guys... Smoke so much their bikes are makeshift bongs!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.

mtbr member
    I am also of the group who could not care less... I will be glad when all of this is history, and hardly remembered at all.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Feel sorry for the guy... all those years lost riding aimlessly on pavement, just looking for the trailhead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Checking in.
    He was the best doper when everyone was doping. Just like Mark McGwire and then Barry Bonds were the best dopers when virtually all of MLB was doping.
    It's somewhat disappointing that any of them did it, but it was the culture of the day. I didn't look up to any of them as a hero or an idol, so I'm not hurt by it.

Like ebeer said, he whooped cancer, and has done a lot of good with charity work. Can the other cheaters say they started a foundation and were philanthropic with millions of dollars? Plus he beat a bunch of frenchies, so that's cool.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I also think that, in an internet based society, there aren't a whole lot of mid-level events - I feel like EVERYTHING is at level 10. So, roadie poster boy gets popped for drugs and BAM! The whole world is "OMG WTF???!!!!"

Back in the day, Olympic athletes got popped for drug use, or athletes got caught in a sex scandal, and it was something that people kinda went, "Well... that's a shame." And then went about their lives.

Now, people are so intensely adamant about relatively benign issues, it seems pretty silly to me. People create whole Facebook Campaigns for/against professional athletes and Hollywood stars, and then threaten each other and call each other names. I looked at the other Lance thread and now there's talk of banning certain users because of TOS violations.

Why/how people get so worked up over some BS that just seems a million miles away from my daily life is perplexing and really confusing to me.

If there was a burrito shortage? That would bother me! Roadie poster boy cheats? Why would anybody care if it doesn't directly affect their life?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Check in here whoever bought at least one Lance Armstrong branded item.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Why don't they have an all-drug Tour de France? He would be the grand champion of all time and we could put this nonsense to bed.

mtbr member
    Lance Armstrong is like the Lindsay Lohan of mtbr. People are obsessed with dissecting his evils and misdeeds.
    definite malingerer

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Lance Armstrong is like the Lindsay Lohan of mtbr. People are obsessed with dissecting his evils and misdeeds.
    Only difference is that he has about 9 fewer DUI's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    in

Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

banned
    Jan 2013
    If there was a burrito shortage?

Oh god... i had a panic attack for a sec there. Dont even joke about my burritos.

Lance? dont give a rats arse.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    They all did drugs and I don't care.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    I am with you Dion...doesn't effect me one bit. I don't even have a livestrong bracelet and never have!
    I accidentally ripped my teammate's Livestrong bracelet off his wrist at a party a few months ago, and then I found it split in half in my pocket the following morning. I still think he owes me.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Suckin wind like a boss
    fvck lance armstrong and all the hype surrounding him. this is a mountain bike forum and he is a roadie. i dont give 2 sh!ts what he did, it doesnt affect me at all- except for having to see his name plastered in 20 different threads here, all over the news sites, and the morons who know i ride mtb asking me what i think about him.

quite frankly, id like to kick him in the ball.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast