Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    I order from them a couple times a year and have never had a problem, just received a package yesterday in the same kind of packaging you described, seems they have gone to a cheaper package to send products. I also suspected something might be damaged as the packaging looked crushed in one area. Amaong other things I had 4 sets of XO brake pads, one of the packages had opened and the contents were scattered around inside the box. Everything appeared to be in ok shape though.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

Epic eater
    Oct 2005
    I placed an order with CRC and didn't know they weren't US based (I know, n00b mistake) until after the order confirmation.

Order placed: May 12
    Order Dispatched: May 13
    Order Arrived (Colorado): May 27

Non-trackable since I choose their free shipping which for my items (derailleur, cassette, chain) was standard mail I guess.

Box had some paper inside but contents could move freely but nothing I got was fragile so that didn't really bother me. The shipping time did though, not CRC's fault they are in the UK but next time I'll probably opt to pay $15 more and have the parts in a few days from a US store.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I ordered from CRC about 3 weeks ago. During this week i emailed them asking about my order since I had not yet recieved it. I got an email back stating that it could take up to a month. The day after that I recieved an email stating that my package was returned to them and to check address. The address was the same I gave them.
    I just told them to keep the package and refund me the money.
    When I ordered I actually didn't relize it wasn't a US company or at least they would have a warehouse in the US. I would never order there again. I actually found my same shipment at pricepoint for around $10 cheaper anyway.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My XT Brakes arrived today, it was in CRC pacakaging but looks good as new.
    All in all I would say CRC was very good. I ordered May 17, received parcel with missing items May 27.
    By May 28, I had submitted the missing items report, they had started responding May 29 and the missing items shipped June 2 and arrived June 5.
    I will probably still order from them given how much of a good deal they have for some items (XT brakes and Rotors!), plus it's all free delivery... can't really beat that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I have had the same problem. I just had a box arrived smashed no packing at all and stuff missing. I also have a problem with them using DHL cause they dont deliver to north dakota and then they give it to some small company and I have to go pick it up everytime. Not sure if they have control over all that or not. I did contact them about the missing stuff and they sent replacements and in ten more days I got the stuff. I like the prices and stuff but I am starting to rethink getting stuff from them.

29ers Forever
    I have had no problems with CRC. Sure some items didn't come in their original packaging (a XT brake system and both rotors) but the prices are so good that as long as the products are not damaged, it's OK that some are not in the original packaging.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

Frickle Frack
    We will see what happens with mine, ordered a stem and a seat post. Ordered it on June 1, dispatched on the 4th. Today is the 12th and it has yet to arrive. Keeping my fingers crossed that it make it here soon and in one piece.

Frickle Frack
    UPDATE* Arrived today in good condition. No paper or padding in the box, one corner of the box was a little tattered but the contents were undamaged. Took 12 days from order date and 9 days from ship date to arrive. About what it took the last time I ordered from them. An added bonus, theY put a discount card in the box for 10% off of my next order.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Its been a few years since I ordered from them, but I just ordered a crankset from them again a few weeks ago. Arrived at my door in Florida in less than 10 business days. Crankset was in a cardboard box, in plastic, surrounded by brown paper. Box was sealed, undamaged, containing all parts.
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

It's about showing up.
    Tiara shifters and levers, in original packaging. Box was big and without padding, ripped open. I figured it was US Customs.

Everything was fine.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    received my first order, extremely fast too; and i live in oregon. parts were in good shape and fairly well packed. box was extremely light but i suspect this was done to save shipping costs. coming from england to the states, every ounce is $

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2