Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Chad Reed

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,398

    Chad Reed

    Anybody see the season ending crash he had Saturday? UnbelievabIe how the peg held onto his boot. I was looking forward to seeing him and Villopoto duke it out til the end as no one else seems to be able to catch Villopoto this year.

  2. #2
    Beer Me!
    Reputation: Guerdonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,204
    Yep, for those who are curious:

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    Bummer for Reed..He was looking really smooth til he threw a lawn dart.

    Hope he heals up quick

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Reed is the biggest crybaby! He is the epitome of a sore loser. Can't stand the guy.

  5. #5
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by jack and coke View Post
    Reed is the biggest crybaby! He is the epitome of a sore loser. Can't stand the guy.



    Dude! If I lawn darted like that I would cry like a little girl.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    I have to disagree with the crybaby statement. He's not happy if he doesn't do well and he doesn't pretend to be. I respect that. Too many of the other riders are like robots. Reed tells it like it is.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    179
    SUPER bummed to see Reedy take such a nasty digger. Dude is an animal and when you see him laying on the ground and unable to get back on the bike you know its something bad. Was really looking forward to seeing him run this weekend in ATL. Also, agreed seeing his peg grab hold of his boot like that was one of the wildest things I've seen.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    196
    Jason Ellis show designated today officially Chad Reed Day.

    Sirius XM 41

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_187 View Post
    I have to disagree with the crybaby statement. He's not happy if he doesn't do well and he doesn't pretend to be. I respect that. Too many of the other riders are like robots. Reed tells it like it is.
    Reed always COMPLAINS. I fully agree with you about "not pretending to be happy"
    But that's not Reed. He always has an excuse as to why he didn't win. He can never just say "I got beat" Been watching supercross/mx for the last 10 years. I simply can't stand the guy because of his comments. It's to bad he is a super smooth and consistent rider. Just can't get over him whining about the tracks, dirty riding, his injuries, his bike set-up blah blah blah




  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    472
    Sorry to see Chad is out. He's had some tough luck over the years. Well............ go Ryan!
    2007 Cdale Caffeine 29er Lefty.
    "Your not going to shove you're proper grammer down are throats!!"

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    ....Just wanted to add, sucks to see anybody get injured. I just had knee surgery myself two weeks ago. Torn ACL and 2 torn meniscus.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jack and coke View Post
    Reed always COMPLAINS. I fully agree with you about "not pretending to be happy"
    But that's not Reed. He always has an excuse as to why he didn't win. He can never just say "I got beat" Been watching supercross/mx for the last 10 years. I simply can't stand the guy because of his comments. It's to bad he is a super smooth and consistent rider. Just can't get over him whining about the tracks, dirty riding, his injuries, his bike set-up blah blah blah



    I guess we can agree to disagree, but in Reed's defense, a lot of the tracks were **** at the start of the 2012 SX season. I also heard him give respect to RV when they battled it out last week in San Diego. That was a damn good race no matter who you were pulling for! Anyway, hope you heal up quick from the busted ACL. Take care, man

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Really thought we were going to see a great season of racing. It's all RV now.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    Let keep the debate going.... Dungey is only a few points back,13 I believe. There's still a lot of racing to be had. Remember RV missing a main last year? cost him 20+ points... With that said, unless RV makes a mistake, I dont see anyone chasing him down.

  15. #15
    What?
    Reputation: mullen119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,217
    The season just got boring IMO. Stewart cant stay on 2 wheels(nothing new), and he just doesnt have the speed to anyway. Dungey is just a little off the pass but cant get a good start to save his life.

    I have always liked Chad, He has looked super fast the last two years and its sad that two bad wrecks have ruined possible championships for him.

    I dont think he will be healed up in time for motocross either.

  16. #16
    DynoDon
    Reputation: manabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,667
    I'm sure Reed wishes it was just a knee, thats may the hardest to heal up, but the broken vertebrae, the two broken ribs, and the double fracture of the leg, can all have complications, I wish the best for him. I'm sure not going to kick him when he's down.
    It looked like a promising season, but with all those races in a row, only the best conditioned, smartest, most consistant rider will win, its not over yet, its not even half over with yet.
    I hope they bring Eli Tomac up to the 450 cc class for a few races while the west coast riders are on break, he has some of his dads secrets for sure, Eli smokes, I liked the interview where Eli said he can pass his dad on the mountain bike on some uphills, but forget the downhills, John is gone. Eli will be a good addition to the 450 class, when his time comes.
    Four wheels transport the body,

    Two wheels transport the soul !!!!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    875
    I'm surprized he was as fast as he was this season considering the bail he did over that jump at last years out door event.

    How can anyone say anything negative about him, he is one of the worlds greatest athletes, like most of those top ridiers. And he was on fire this season.

    You can't begin to realize how difficult that sport is until you've raced competively yourself, and that's not even considering the conditioning they have to do.

    God bless Chad, I wish him a fast recovery

    mojo
    Last edited by Mojo Man; 02-22-2012 at 05:18 PM.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Man View Post
    I'm surprized he was as fast as he was this season considering the bail he did over that jump at last years out door event.

    How can anyone say anything negative about him, he is one of the worlds greatest athletes, like most of those top ridiers. And he was on fire this season.

    You can't begin to realize how difficult that sport is until you've raced competively yourself, and that's not even considering the conditioning they have to do.

    God bless Chad, I wish him a fast recovery

    mojo
    I have raced MX for years. I never said 1 negative thing about his riding. I criticized his losing attitude. I already mentioned how smooth and consistent he is day in and day out. He is always a tough competitor. I personally can't stand his comments after the races. Been watching him for years, I'm not talking about just this season. He tried to dog RV this season saying he rides dirty and that the pass he made on him during the last lap a few races back was to aggressive, he is just a big baby.

    Like I already stated. Never wish an injury on anybody. I just am not a fan......because of his attitude. My wife can't stand him either and he is usually the lady's fan favorite. I don't know to many dudes that like him LOL

  19. #19
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    19,190
    Quote Originally Posted by jack and coke View Post
    I have raced MX for years. I never said 1 negative thing about his riding. I criticized his losing attitude. I already mentioned how smooth and consistent he is day in and day out. He is always a tough competitor. I personally can't stand his comments after the races. Been watching him for years, I'm not talking about just this season. He tried to dog RV this season saying he rides dirty and that the pass he made on him during the last lap a few races back was to aggressive, he is just a big baby.

    Like I already stated. Never wish an injury on anybody. I just am not a fan......because of his attitude. My wife can't stand him either and he is usually the lady's fan favorite. I don't know to many dudes that like him LOL
    I agree 100% I can't stand his after race comments. Although he is an incredible rider and I was watching that race. He was really dicing it out with Vilipoto when it happened. In my opinion the one rider that really shines in the after race interviews is Jake Wiemer. He is one cool dude and is always sportsmanlike in his remarks.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mud Gecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    Man it sucks to see Reed out, he was the only one that was giving RV a run for his money. Jake Wiemer is also on fire this season but looks like RV will dominate for the rest of the year.

    Looks like the Lites class is where all the action is gonna be at

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    I agree 100% I can't stand his after race comments. Although he is an incredible rider and I was watching that race. He was really dicing it out with Vilipoto when it happened. In my opinion the one rider that really shines in the after race interviews is Jake Reimer. He is one cool dude and is always sportsmanlike in his remarks.
    He started out pretty mellow this year with his comments. Then his true colors came right out with this comment.

    CRYBABY, WHAT A SORE LOSER - Supercross.com

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Man View Post
    I'm surprized he was as fast as he was this season considering the bail he did over that jump at last years out door event.
    Ahhhh, the Millville Leap!



    2011 Chad Reed Crash-Millville(Official Speed TV Feed) - YouTube

    He was duking it out with RV there too!

  23. #23
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    19,190
    Quote Originally Posted by jack and coke View Post
    He started out pretty mellow this year with his comments. Then his true colors came right out with this comment.

    CRYBABY, WHAT A SORE LOSER - Supercross.com
    I tried viewing that but you have to be a member of the site to view. Can you link it into this thread another way? I would really like to see that little cry baby.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  24. #24
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    427
    Man that crash was nasty, only if photo screws up, which he has done plenty so far will he not make it. For some reason I root for Stewart, even though he gets too wild every week. I just hope 22 heals and we have some good races this year

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    I tried viewing that but you have to be a member of the site to view. Can you link it into this thread another way? I would really like to see that little cry baby.

    You sure? I don't have an account and could read the entire thread, I just clicked on the link and it still worked, Did you scroll down?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •