mtbr member
    Jan 2011

cannondale f5 and cannondale trail sl 3??

Hey all, im looking to buy a new bike (hardtrail) in a few months and i narrowed my choices to the cannondale f5 and cannondale trail sl 3. Has anyone rode these bikes? any good? i will be racing with them on singletracks...also, any other good hardtails under $1000 for racing single track? thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i have a black 2010 f5 ....great bike...i upgraded my crank, brakes, fd&rd to XT for the weight savings and performance....blew out front hub after 3 months of riding so i upgraded to crossrides and made them tubeless with the nevegals it came with....great bike youll be impressed ....brother in law has f4 and he's happy
    Cannondale F5 (2010)
    All xt set up
    crossride rims/nevegals
    Easton hi-Risers

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have a sl3 and its super nice. It really takes a beating and its still runnin really good. If i wer in your shoes after k owing how my sl3 rides id absalutly buy it again. I

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My first bike was a F5 then sold it. Got a SL2 I loved it but then sold it. Now I have a Giant Trance X2 and loving it.

mtbr member
    I have an F5 and had to upgrade to hydraulic brakes and front fork. This is something I would definitely consider given that both the SL3 and F5 come standard with coil suspension. If this is the case it should be cheaper just to pick out a different bike rather than upgrade later. Ive had my f5 for over 4 years, it's treated me well, however, on the trail I always wished I had those components.