mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Camelbak Charge 3L/100oz (not 'LR') - Anyone tried? Other suggestions?

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone here has the above? I've tried searching the net for reviews etc but can only find info on the 'lumbar resevoir' version which I'm not keen on.

I'm going to be using it for all day enduro racing. I figure a 3L would be best (that being said if there was an amazing 2L/70oz pack I might consider it). I want something lighter than what I already have, hopefully wont be too hot to wear, and would be great if you can stash gels/food on the front somehow.

I'm replacing a 2L generic pack which weighs 645g (780g with empty bladder) - think that rules out the CB 'Mule' in a way. I looked at Osprey packs but they dont seem to have that groove/vent in the padding on the back. The ease of filling the new CB bladders appeals and I'm sick of sucking in air on my old bladder.

I looked at the rogue, but it's a bit short in pack space for food etc and there was no waist strap so think it could be a pain on single track? I like the idea of the waist strap having pockets on the charge.

Things I'm worried about on the charge are the ease of getting to the bladder to refill in a race, and the durability of the fabric?

If anyone has one of the charge packs it'd be great to hear what you think, even if it is the older style?

Thanks all

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I replaced my mule with an Ogio hydration backpack and couldn't be happier. It's much smaller, has great padding, and has a nice tool storage compartment in the front.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have a 3L lobo. Its on the small side but fits a tube, pump, tool and a bit of room for food.

I love it. My longest ride with it was 4.5 hours on a hot day. Just about ran out of water.