mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Cage Rocket - Storage Container

I just tried out this thing called a Cage Rocket. It's a container that you can slide into a waterbottle cage. It's got a big lid you can pop open without taking it out of the cage. I put my multitool, tube, and energy bar in there. Very cool because it's really easy to access while riding. cagerocket.com Anyone else ever used one of these things?

Sweat is just fat crying.

Didn't you read the warning???

Quote Originally Posted by Pt_correa
    I just tried out this thing called a Cage Rocket. It's a container that you can slide into a waterbottle cage. It's got a big lid you can pop open without taking it out of the cage. I put my multitool, tube, and energy bar in there. Very cool because it's really easy to access while riding. cagerocket.com Anyone else ever used one of these things?
    WARNING: NEVER ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE CAGE ROCKET WHILE RIDING

Seems cheap to me (after checking out the site). Looks plastic-y, and it seems as tho the lid would start to flop open after the plastic catch got worn out a bit.

Not a bad idea, as long as stuff doesn't rattle (I know, it's foam lined). Give us a review in 6 months.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Product Liability

I'm guessing that warning is there for liability purposes. Anyway, you can always get into it while straddling the bike. It's easier than getting into a behind-the-seat bag. It seems to compliment a hydropack pretty well. It's also easy to move from bike to bike if you have more than one ride. My budy has owned one for several months and hasn't had any problems with the snap. I'll put mine to hard use and keep you posted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I own one - I dig it.

A guy in my riding group bought one. I thought it was kind of gadgetty at first, but I tried it out and I really liked it. Now we all have 'em. Much better than cutting off the neck of your waterbottle. The only drawback is that it takes the place of a waterbottle. But if you own a hydropack, then who cares. I move mine back and forth between my hard tail and full suspension bike.