mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Broken Gary Fisher Rumblefish II frame.

I have a 2010 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II and I broke my swing arm today. The frame has a lifetime warranty, so I'm not worried about getting it replaced. My questions
    1. Will Trek replace just the swing arm or the whole frame?
    2. Does anyone know if the swing arm on the 2012 Rumblefish is the same? It does have 10mm more travel in the back.
    3. I'm thinking if I wait until a little later in the 2012 model year to make the warranty claim, I might be able to get a 2012 replacement. Any thoughts?
    4. I think my swing arm is the same as the 2012 high fi would Trek give me a swing arm that doesn't match?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by tjohns View Post
    I have a 2010 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II and I broke my swing arm today. The frame has a lifetime warranty, so I'm not worried about getting it replaced. My questions
    2. Does anyone know if the swing arm on the 2012 Rumblefish is the same? It does have 10mm more travel in the back.
    3. I'm thinking if I wait until a little later in the 2012 model year to make the warranty claim, I might be able to get a 2012 replacement. Any thoughts?
    4. I think my swing arm is the same as the 2012 high fi would Trek give me a swing arm that doesn't match?
    1. Unless they don't have anymore swing arm for your model in their warehouse, you should get a new swing arm and then have to return the old one. Or in case they don't have any, you get a new frame, and you have to send back your old one. If the next frame as more travel, then it will ship with a new rear shock too.

2. I don't know, sorry.

3. Sounds like a good plan. Either way, the season is ending (well, for us in Canada ), so even if you get another swing arm, you will have to wait a bit, so why not try for a 2012 ?

4. You might get lucky and have a custom paint job on it before it ships. Be sure to specify the color of the bike too. Or not.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Frame is lifetime but the swingarm is only two years so I am told when I broke my 08 hifi swingarm and got a 2010 rumblefish two as a replacement

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by bankofdad View Post
    Frame is lifetime but the swingarm is only two years so I am told when I broke my 08 hifi swingarm and got a 2010 rumblefish two as a replacement
    No, 2010's have lifetime warranty on the whole frame.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjohns View Post
    1. Swingarm.
    2. It is not the same, it uses the 142x12 thru axle.
    3. Dicey. Slim chance of them being out of 2010 RF and/or 2010/2011 HiFi swingarms at this point or in the near future.
    4. Yes, they would.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

JDM
    mtbr member
    Wait? Really? Do you have another bike to ride while you wait?