Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I like pie.

Bluesky Cycling?

Anyone have any experiences? Their prices seem to good to be true.

mtbr member

Re: Bluesky Cycling?

It's mostly oe stuff so no boxes etc. No problems to report personally... Bought slx brakes awhile back.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misťrables

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I bought a few items about a year ago (I think it was shorts, mini-pump and gloves) and I would use them again. I still get occasional emails from them on sale items.
    2011 Trek 6500

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've ordered from BlueSky several times w/out issues and would buy from them again if and when I need something they have the best price on without hesitation.

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

mtbr member
    Bought a set of XT brakes and rotors last year and my dad bought an entire SLX grouppo. It all came wrapped and taped in plastic. No original boxes but the parts and instruction manuals were all there.

Only thing I'd watch out for is brake line length. Might be too short or long depending on your bike and cable routing.

They even called my dad when there was an issue with the order. It was nothing big, he ordered an 11-36 cassette and all they had was an 11-34 in stock.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Used them several times, good outfit to deal with.

I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkat273 View Post
    It's mostly oe stuff so no boxes etc.
    Ah, that explains the low prices. Jenson is starting to offer OEM stuff also and it is very inexpensive.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Most of their stuff is OE, but are well packed when they arrive. I have never had a problem with them. My only gripe is their obligatory insurance charge which is bogus. I think someone could open up a class action case against them for that. The shipper automatically assumes responsibility for the safe delivery of their item, the buyer shouldn't have to pay insurance. I'm sure that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Pricepoint adds that 'insurance' charge as well and it's BS imo. I've ordered a couple of things from Blue Sky and haven't had a problem. They processed and shipped my stuff out quickly

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    Pricepoint adds that 'insurance' charge as well and it's BS imo. I've ordered a couple of things from Blue Sky and haven't had a problem. They processed and shipped my stuff out quickly
    I put a note in comments with the order($250) not accepting the insurance charge.
    It showed on the email confirmation and I called and told them to remove it or cancel.
    They removed it and sent me an updated email order confirmation.

PRETENDURO
    Iíve purchased from them on several occasions and havenít had any problems. Prompt delivery was nice too!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I ordered a nice Mavic wheel set from them at an awesome price. No issues from my order either.

cvs
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yep so far so good. bike stands, tires, components, never a problem

mtbr member
    Have ordered tons of stuff from them. Never had any issues and have always been impressed by the dealings. Would not hesitate to buy from them.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

T.W.O.
    Yep, OE components but fast shipping. I order from them all the time. Sometime, I ordered early I get my shipment the next day. I'm in Socal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Use them all the time. Not a problem.

Ride Instigator
    I've ordered from Blue Sky quite a few times in the last 7-8 years or so and never had any issues, I just ordered something from them a few days ago as a matter of fact. Blue Sky is one of the 3 etailors that I use most actually along with Pricepoint and Jenson.

mtbr member
    I use them all the time too...no problems. They usually have awesome deals on Shimano stuff.

mtbr member
    Very good online company. I bought a few things from them when building up my Yeti and had no problems. Things will come packaged oddly -- my XT Ice-tec rotors came wrapped in bubblewrap inside a zip-loc bag -- but the product itself was in perfect, new condition.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

Professional Crastinator
    Bought a fork that turned out to be too good to be true... but they took it back AND refunded my $$$ even though it was used for 8 months. So I give them an F- and an A+ to avg. a C.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    They're in California and I'm in California so they charged me sales tax. That's fine but instead of charging it based on my address (8%), they charged it based on their address (9%, which is relatively high). I'm a purchasing manager so I know the rules and when I told them about the error, I was told management wouldn't let my product ship unless I agreed to the higher rate. It was a small order for an item I couldn't find anywhere else (believe me, I looked!) so I paid the additional charge. But, I don't like the idea that myself and presumably, many others in CA, are at best making charitable contributions to the state. First and last order with Blue Sky...

mtbr member
    I've bought from them many times and have always had a good experience. As others have said, my only complaint is the bs insurance charge added to every order.

mtbr member
    5 orders from them in the past and zero issues. Their standard shipping seems quicker than most as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by macatron View Post
    They're in California and I'm in California so they charged me sales tax. That's fine but instead of charging it based on my address (8%), they charged it based on their address (9%, which is relatively high). I'm a purchasing manager so I know the rules and when I told them about the error, I was told management wouldn't let my product ship unless I agreed to the higher rate. It was a small order for an item I couldn't find anywhere else (believe me, I looked!) so I paid the additional charge. But, I don't like the idea that myself and presumably, many others in CA, are at best making charitable contributions to the state. First and last order with Blue Sky...
    So you wont purchase form them due to 1%? What if the item is 10% cheaper then anywhere else?

Edit - For the OP I have used Bluesky in the past, and was happy with their service (shipping stuff to Canada).

Unless I can find crazy good prices on something from the US based web based stuff all my dealings now go to either chainreaction or wiggle as both offer free shipping to Canada (I am not aware of any US based that does that yet)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, they are good. When you order your stuff you get it. Unlike Bike Bling where they sit on your order until the one piece that was "in stock" gets in. Almost 2 weeks now and numerous calls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast