REALLY?

Bike Stolen (Ventura, Ca area)

I guess its my fault for not having it locked, yet, it was in an area no one should be at any time day or night. It was obviously someone who knows one of my roomates, or even possibly one of them.

They, or who ever it was had to go through two a gates, the one at the end of the driveway, and the gate leading to the back yard, then they had to go under the house (basement portion of the house), to steal the bike...and to top it off they had to move my G.T. Richter 8.0 to steal the bike.

Yes, I called the pawn shops and police and am going to buy a second u-lock. The bike4 in question is a mid 90's Gary Fisher Super Caliber Team Paola Pezzo and as I understand it, RARE only 100 made. If you happen to see it, let me know. Mostly XTR components.

On the plus side, they didn't take my Titanium G.T. Lightning, or my fillet brazed chromoly G.T. Psyclone (which are now under lock-and key.

DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

T.W.O.
    Sorry to hear that, I'll keep an eye out when I look thru CL. I hope it's just a practical joke since they didn't take the more expensive bike. Do you have the serial number by any chance.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

REALLY?
    Unfortunatly, no serial....I do have my sales recept though.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I see you've got a cross post in the SoCal subforum here, but you should also put a post in at the SoCalTrailRiders forum.

I've got a friend that road bikes in Oxnard on the weekends. I'll send the pic to him and have him keep an eye out.

Thieves suck.

~Disc~Golf~
    If they make it to NorCal and I see it, it's a broomstick to the front wheel (sorry about your spokes)
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    If I see the bike in the Santa Clarita area, there is a good chance you will get it back.

REALLY?
    Thanks everyone.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Last edited by cobba; 01-23-2013 at 09:01 AM.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I really hope that isn't the OP's. Sounds like his was stolen less than 24 hrs ago, and the ebay listing is all the way in Wisconsin.

Only he can identify the scratches and marks.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Sorry to hear about your loss...thieves suck. I had a department store bike stolen from me a loooong time ago that was chain locked at the back of my apartment. The thief cut the chain and stole a bike that was literally only worth 60 bucks. Probably spent half that on the bolt cutter he used to cut the chain with.

Found the bike in my so-called friend's back yard....promptly took it back.

That was way before I knew about real bikes.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    I really hope that isn't the OP's. Sounds like his was stolen less than 24 hrs ago, and the ebay listing is all the way in Wisconsin.

Only he can identify the scratches and marks.
    Bike has been gone from 4-7 days (not sure exactly) - I saw that on ebay - not mine, and I live in So. Cal and well...I would be amazed if it made it to, Wisconsin in less than a week. I also looked at the guys other listings in the one in a million chance to see if he had any of my parts...nope.

In any case, it probably is chopped up...probably in the Ventura river bottom with the homeless tweakers. So sad, its a rare bike (I was told by the guy at the bike shop I bought it from used from craigslist - that the Team Issue Paola Pezzo is only 100 made), they are going to have to tear it apart and repaint it if they want a chance at keeping it...I've already got people looking out for it.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Do a lot of people come and go through your house? Are they shady characters? If you suspect it was someone who knew your roommates, could you ask them to tell you whose gone through there in the past week?

What are the sight lines from where it was located? Can people see it from the street, or can neighbors see it from their 2nd story windows?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    Do a lot of people come and go through your house? Are they shady characters? If you suspect it was someone who knew your roommates, could you ask them to tell you whose gone through there in the past week?

What are the sight lines from where it was located? Can people see it from the street, or can neighbors see it from their 2nd story windows?
    Sounds like your living on the Avenue, I wish you luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It's good that you have a photo of it to show. Reminds me of what I should do.

In my area, there's bike registration with the police department. It's almost like that of cars. Do you have that? Did you do that? Most cities have police impound yards with incredible mountains of stuff. Also reminds me of what I have to do.

Maybe it turns up when they arrest a homeless person.