Dirt Huffer

bike magazine increased the value of Softride bikes?

Softrides should be worthless by now, right? I mean they are so outdated who would want one. Not to mention how ugly they look. Anyways, for ****-and-giggles I'm in the market for one after reading about them for years in the pages of bike magazine. I would have thought I could have picked one up cheap ($50) but it turns out these bikes are going for $300-$500 What's the deal?

U sayin' Bolt ?
    It has to be the miracle of marketing coupled with limited supply. Like you said they look weird and aren't any more functional than a suspension seat post yet, for some reason, you want one.

The ultimate example of marketing magic is Red Bull: the $2 half-soda

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Didn't think they were that ugly so I build a 'new' dead stock frame up recently and took it up to the Big Smoke for a test run. Gives the smoothest ride of anything I've ever ridden. Even does tow paths and a bit of light off-road no problems at full belt!

_DSC33771 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Best
    Gav.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzclubber View Post
    Didn't think they were that ugly so I build a 'new' dead stock frame up recently and took it up to the Big Smoke for a test run. Gives the smoothest ride of anything I've ever ridden. Even does tow paths and a bit of light off-road no problems at full belt!

_DSC33771 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Best
    Gav.
    If you had left this thread alone for another month it would have reached its "one year dead" anniversary.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    ha!

So ugly and yet some people that have them love theirs and have been for 20 years. Sheesh!