Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    best return for mtb parts?

    Hello, any suggestions on ways to get the best return for my gently used mtb parts? For example, I'm planning to switch out my rapid fire shift system + derailleurs for a grip shift system + new derailleurs.

    Are you aware of any opportunities for tax deductions for mtb parts? Places like goodwill, salvation army, etc would prob not give me very good returns on my donations. Not sure if there's a better option for tax deductions.

    Or for something like this, could I offer these parts to the owner of a bike service shop for something like $20 off installation of my new gripshift system?

  2. #2
    search locally for riders in need of said parts, ie craigslist, classifieds.

  3. #3
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    eBay them return, after they rape you of fees.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

  4. #4
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Save them for a future build. The best return is not having to re-purchase in the future.

    If you find a tax deduction for used bike parts let us know!

Similar Threads

  1. Return of the Craftsman
    By Testmule in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 07:50 PM
  2. Need To Return to CO ASAP
    By PatMcF79 in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 12:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.