mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Bell Sweep XC 2007 vs 2008

Hi, I want to know if there are any differences between the Bell Sweep XC 2007 model and the new 2008 model. I can't seem to find any information online that indicates a difference. I also would like to know if there's been much change at all in either of these models from the 2006 model. Basically, what are the differences, if any? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Further to that, can I also ask if the straps on the Bell Sweep XC are completely removeable, as in can they be completely removed from the helemt or are they molded into the structure of the helmet like some straps are?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

I just went ahead and got the '07 Model

I ended up writing Bell & they responded that the only difference between the '07 & '08 models were the color schemes. So you can get an '07 for way cheaper, and it's the same helmet. Hope this helps.

Birdman aka JMJ

I'll check mine

Just bought an '08 Sweep XC. I'll check the straps but I doubt they're removable.

BTW - I got my '08 for $72 shipped through ebay.

JMJ

kabouterclan member
    Jun 2006
    Hi there,

2007 and 1008 Sweeps have the GPS fit system. I own one of those.

2009 Sweep will get the new TAG fit system, as on the new Volt. I Tried a 2009 Sweep and the TAG feels like a real improvement. The TAG grips your head better, and has better adjustability.
    Sent from my HAL 9000

Birdman aka JMJ

Straps not removable

I checked my helmet last night - the straps don't seem to be removable... at least not easily. There are 2 anchor points at the front that didn't want to pop out.

For cleaning my straps, I rinse the whole helmet, then work some soap right into the straps, rinse again, then air-dry for a few days.

FWIW, this helmet fit like a glove right out of the box. Very nice, and light. Mine has the red-grey-black maple leaf fade scheme (to replace my 2001 Bell X-ray "Canadian" edition).

JMJ
    Attached Images Attached Images