Thread: Attitude?

dwt
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Attitude?

Some of us (me for example) are hung up on equipment: wheel size, travel, bike weight, type of pedal, tubes or tubeless etc. We most certainly DO get out and ride, and we most certainly love it, but we spend much time on the forum and sometimes we are real (too?) serious.

What about a skater tude?

The Power of Not Giving a F*ck
    The Power of Not Giving a F*ck
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    My high school days were just that... I didn't care....

I went from BMX racing to skateboarding. Skated for about 5 years. That was our mentality because we didn't have all the skate parks youth have today. Signs were everywhere - skateboarding prohibited.

Hence where our attitudes (my buddies I skated with) came from - we didn't care. We skated where we wanted and when we wanted. Sometimes it involved getting chased by the police. That was fun too.

Those day are long gone now. We could have that same mentality about prohibited trails, couldn't we? In my youth I had many faults, but now that I'm an "adult" I guess I have mellowed out and care to respect the areas I do have to ride in. And abide by those laws that often govern my decision making.

I enjoy sharing the sport I now love - riding trails. Whether it's with my son, or with friends who want to try out MTBing. I just love to ride now.

Front Range, Colorado
    I thought the title of this thread said "altitude". I was halfway through the OP's initial post and was like where's the altitude problem. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    I thought the title of this thread said "altitude". I was halfway through the OP's initial post and was like where's the altitude problem. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
    same here

Is not amused
    It's really not about riding illegal trails, being a bad ass or anything such. A good example of this would be "I waved and said hello to everyone on the trail today and none said anything back." Then coming on here starting a rant thread about it. If that happens and not one person says anything back to you while riding, it shouldn't effect you. That's not giving a fvck. Maybe some of you reading this should venture into OC on the forums because for the most part the people in there clearly do not give a fvck and the atmosphere is brewed to perfection.
    If your going to talk about bikes there, there is one thread and one thread only for that.

For the record.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatson View Post
    same here
    ditto.

Mass hallucination. Must be the water.

AZ
    banned
    So?

Front Range, Colorado
    [QUOTE=Hutch3637;9944972]It's really not about riding illegal trails, being a bad ass or anything such. A good example of this would be "I waved and said hello to everyone on the trail today and none said anything back." Then coming on here starting a rant thread about it. If that happens and not one person says anything back to you while riding, it shouldn't effect you. That's not giving a fvck. Maybe some of you reading this should venture into OC on the forums because for the most part the people in there clearly do not give a fvck and the atmosphere is brewed to perfection.
    If your going to talk about bikes there, there is one thread and one thread only for that.

For the record.

Hey Hutch shhhh be quiet we just got a forum where everyone gets along. We don't want any hothead humorless types strolling through the OC.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post

Hey Hutch shhhh be quiet we just got a forum where everyone gets along. We don't want any hothead humorless types strolling through the OC.
    Actually, you're right. Sorry.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You guys give too many ****, me included

but I'm little feeling little rebellious and won't fix the typo in last sentence... does it feel like this not to give a ****? holy **** I'm awesome

EDIT it censors everything! but now if I remove something it looks like I give a ****... not off to good start with this whole giving no ****s thing after all

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I was concerned skatertude was on the decline when Shawn White wore spandex at the Olympics this year, but then he went out and got drunk and arrested and totally redeemed himself.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    The only thing I'll add to this is how to me it's clearly contagious. Whether it's skating, mtbing, snowmobiling, even in forums, in some areas most people are chill, helpful and nice, and in other areas people are a-holes. They say opposites attract but in this case think it's more like you get what you give that sets the mood.
    the strongest trees grow on the windiest plains... ~Tone's

mtbr member
    May 2012
    haha

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I just like to ride. It's a form of escapism, taking it too seriously would remove that for me.

duh
    what is wrong with a little attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way