Professional Crastinator

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers... need confirmed

Hey, I read about the 32ers and the other 29ers at WM, but I really am taken with the style of this thing:

(...and the cost!)

I checked it out - the one at the store had a tubular fork instead of tapered - and while it is heavy and the bars and cranks are flexy and the wheelbase is almost as long as my truck I still want one for what it is.

So, next time you roll thru the local WM, see if you can confirm my suspicions:
    1) The head tube diameter looks to be big enough to accommodate a threadless system. Yes?
    2) The bottom bracket looks like a cartridge Shimano BB would pop right in there. Yes?

This would allow me an upgrade path before the stuff starts falling off of it.

Here's one that's been de-stickered and de-fendered (personally I like the fenders):

Thank you!
    -F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Flow like water
    There is a Walmart near to my workplace. Since you are a brother of the scabs and bruises, I may venture in there to see what they have. The frame does look interesting.

I have wandered into that store from time to time, looking at their fixie flyer with the colored tires and the pot-metal side pull brakes. Usually wander back out, shaking my head muttering, "almost, almost".

mtbr member
    I have a theory that Walmart is part of big oil conspiracy to destroy cycling by flooding the market with bicycles that don't work in an effort to convince the public that human powered transportation is unreliable. Just a theory,

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    screw Wal Mart. I really wish everyone would stop shopping in that abomination of a company, it is a business that promotes poverty both in the US and around the world. Two million employees who live on the poverty line with zero benefits. Owned by family of five worth forty billion dollars and growing. Isn't that like anti-american?

Check this web site out for made in america bikes. There are many cool frames and even cooler to the one you are looking at.

note that I have never worked in Wal Mart, never known anyone who works there. I just really hate irresponsible corporations that get away with crap like that. And the govt doesn't do anything about it so its up to us normal folks.

Ultimate Listing: Mountain Bike Parts Made In America | Old Glory MTB - Mountain Biking Made In America

MTB B'dos
    They're doing their homework, that's for sure, just look at how they've copied the ENVE wheels sticker, if you were a sucker you'd think those wheels were probably good. I'm curious if you even put a good crank and bar on that thing if it won't still weigh north of 40lbs
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    I'm curious if you even put a good crank and bar on that thing if it won't still weigh north of 40lbs
    It's listed at 36#. Most of that is in the stickers.

-F

Bro Mountainbiker
    Can you do bar spins on it?
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    They're doing their homework, that's for sure, just look at how they've copied the ENVE wheels sticker, if you were a sucker you'd think those wheels were probably good. I'm curious if you even put a good crank and bar on that thing if it won't still weigh north of 40lbs
    They've been doing stuff like that for a while. My favorite is the low spoke count wheels; WalMart road bikes with 20/24 spoke wheels but laced to triple wall rims. Or fancy lacing patterns so the wheels look nicer.

Suckin wind like a boss
    ...so you sold your other bike, to finance THIS? i cant wait to see that on the trail
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    ...so you sold your other bike, to finance THIS? i cant wait to see that on the trail
    Hopefully Santa will bring it.

-F