Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Attacked by a runner!

Ever had a altercation with someone while on a ride?
    I was riding around the neigborhood. a runner was going to step off the curb into the street right into my path. I gave him a Yoo Yoo! shout. He didn't care for my Yoo Yoo and started yellng things. so I stopped and I may have egged him on, so when I tried to ride away he grabs my sweat shirt and throws me to the ground! Big mistake on his part. he was still attached to my bike when it hit the ground. So I grabbed the bike and slammed him with it several times, he was still there so I kicked him about three more times to get him off me. You can say he got the worse of it. bleeding from the face. me and the bike no damage! Don't be messing with mt. bikers!! I will protect myself.

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    I predict this thread will go well.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Umm yeah. Ive done some dumb chit in my life but sure as hell never bragged about it. I hope the OP is not expecting anything in the way of affirmation.

Is not amused
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 02-23-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    ^^^^Lmao..

mtbr member
    Wow, never heard of anything like this that was so violent. I would have just ignored him. It must have looked like a geek fest. A goofball in a jogging outfit with a nerd wearing a helmet clutching a bicycle exchanging blows. I don't ever recommend doing anything like that.

I like stuff
    Ive always wanted to slap someone with a bicycle Bad pedestrian!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If u carried a gun you coulda shot him

Swedetarded
    Quote Originally Posted by FNG RIDER View Post
    I was riding around the neigborhood. a runner was going to step off the curb into the street right into my path. I gave him a Yoo Yoo! shout. He didn't care for my Yoo Yoo and started yellng things. so I stopped and I may have egged him on, so when I tried to ride away he grabs my sweat shirt and throws me to the ground! Big mistake on his part. he was still attached to my bike when it hit the ground. So I grabbed the bike and slammed him with it several times, he was still there so I kicked him about three more times to get him off me. You can say he got the worse of it. bleeding from the face. me and the bike no damage! Don't be messing with mt. bikers!! I will protect myself.
    Protect? More like assault. Do you use meth?

mtbr member
    Eh he got in a scrap, so what?

Vitamin Bike Added
    If it weren't for lawyers and financial ruin...
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Next time exercise better self control... Big difference between self defense and two grown men acting stupid

bust a move
    You still might be hearing from the authorities...:

mtbr member
    did you guys read about how the jogger grabbed his shirt and threw him to the ground? someone said ignore him? thats funny.

OP - you prob should have left out the part about bludgeoning the guy with your bike, but i bet it felt pretty good. you may or may not be a dick.

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfruits View Post
    did you guys read about how the jogger grabbed his shirt and threw him to the ground? someone said ignore him? thats funny.

OP - you prob should have left out the part about bludgeoning the guy with your bike, but i bet it felt pretty good. you may or may not be a dick.
    He stopped and egged him on.

TSounds like there was multiple ways this could have been avoided. Flip him the bird and keep on riding!
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have been in a confrontation with a jogger before. I did not egg him on, he did not attack me and everyone went on with their lives.

If I were you I would delete this post. It makes pretty good evidence in a criminal case. Bragging about beating someone probably won't go over very well with a jury.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    He stopped and egged him on.

youre right, my apologies to LenzRider, i was thinking ignore the guy after the take down.

this is how i see it:
    OP egged him on - should have ignored him instead, but I cant blame him for being offended and looking the jogger in the face.

jogger grabs shirt and throws OP to ground - any kind of rights and wrongs are now thrown out the window. attacker must be taken out or OP can be seriously injured.

OP brags about it on a forum - not cool, give mtn bikers a bad name but makes a great thread.

cheers
    -z

AZ
    banned
    Hit him with your purse next time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Inflammatory threads for rep. What a lovely addition that has made.

mtbr member extraordinair
    Its not so bad. Now if you had urinated on him while he was down, that would have crossed the line.
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

thecentralscrutinizer
    OP could claim self defense if the runner did grab him and would not let go.

Unfortunately, sometimes you don't have a choice but to react this way.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

banned
    Sep 2010
    Good job OP, another runner/hiker/pedestrian that thinks all cyclists are dooooosh baggggs.

mtbr member

Titanium junkie
    Always 2 sides to a story, wouldn't have admitted the multiple kick's.
    Moving on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FNG RIDER View Post
    Good job. I am a big believer in trying to walk away but if someone stops me I will do what I have to do.(including beating them with my MTB.) Personaly, I totaly approve. You have to draw a line and don't let people cross it. History is full of perfect examples of what happens if you don't. But... Like I said in the first sentence, I am a big believer in trying to walk away first but once forced into a situation it is totaly OK to go all out to end it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast