mtbr member

Arm & Leg Warmer suggestions

Need to get some warmers as we enter winter and have never owned any before. Tried to search for link for suggestions but could not easily find one.

Would appreciate suggestions regarding which warmers to get. I have no idea what makes a warmer good (other then keeping you warm) so I really need the advice. I always appreciate a quality product that is a reasonable price.

Thanks.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! Pearl Izumi!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Dokie
    Need to get some warmers as we enter winter and have never owned any before. Tried to search for link for suggestions but could not easily find one.

Would appreciate suggestions regarding which warmers to get. I have no idea what makes a warmer good (other then keeping you warm) so I really need the advice. I always appreciate a quality product that is a reasonable price.

Thanks.
    Hey Mr. Dokie,

My wife and I love our Pearl Izumi Arm and Leg Warmers:
    http://www.pearlizumi.com/shop.php?p...&mode=products

I hope you find what you're looking for,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Dokie

Thanks.
    Ibex wool! http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Product...40&Gender=Mens
    Not cheap but it will keep you warm and comfortable for many years.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sugoi has nice warmers but the best I've tried are made by Etxe Ondo. I'm sure Defeet, Pearl Izumi and every other big brand has nice stuff too.

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Pearl Izumi FTW!

Back at it and LOVIN' it!
    Arm and leg warmers are nice if you get too hot and want to strip them off but wouldn't it be prudent to have a full layer if it stays cold?

I ask that with no knowledge of riding in continually cold weather so bear with the question
    Ride Hard - Ride Safe - Have Fun

Go s#!t...I'm not a fish

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by hncreature
    Arm and leg warmers are nice if you get too hot and want to strip them off but wouldn't it be prudent to have a full layer if it stays cold?

I ask that with no knowledge of riding in continually cold weather so bear with the question
    Layering is good no matter what the weather. If it stays cold or gets colder you put a layer over the arm/leg warmers.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

Kucharik

Kucharik (in the component and accessories links) has wool and wool blend leg and arm warmers. The wool blend are cheap (I think I paid about $10 for each set) because he makes some of them from the remnants from jersey and tight manufacturing.

n3rd
    I have some Pearl Izumi arm & leg warmers and also some Twin Six arm warmers. I wouldn't mind trying some wool ones though.. been seeing them advertised more lately.

Personally I prefer the arm warm / vest method for most riding unless it starts to dip below 40 degrees for an extended time which is really pretty rare where I live. Most of the time it heats back up after a few hours and I end up having to strip layers off. I tell ya it's just not fair living down here in the south east.. putting up with all this warm weather.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys for help. I think I am going to get some Pearl Izumi Arm and Leg warmers. I live in an area where the temp usually is 70 year round so they should be perfect.