mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Anyone used Showers Pass raingear?

Thinking about a Showers pass touring jacket. Anyone tried any of their raingear?

Any good?

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    i have one of their rain jacket's. very comfortable. the zipper is a little sticky though.

mad scientist
    I've known the owners for about 4 years now. Great local company in Portland and the jackets are very nice too. Keep your eyes out for some killer new stuff in the fall for the commuter scene.

With Burley out of the market, they make probably the best jackets around. I've been using one for about 3 years now. Still in great shape and is awesome in the elements.

mtbr member
    I too have found the zippers to be a little sticky, but it's still the best rain jacket I've ever had.

I got one for a cross country tour last year. The worst rain I came across was 7" in three days through Kentucky. I rode through the first day, took the second as a rest day, and rode again the third. I was a little wet at the end of the sleeves and shoulders, but overall pretty dry and comfortable. They also vent fairly well and are highly visible with the reflective stripes.

Since the tour it's been my commuter jacket here in Portland and continued to work wonderfully. I might go one step further than KonaMan and say Shower Pass is even better than Burly was.

Vegan Athlete
    I like my Showers Pass jacket better than my Burley, Bellwether or Jackson (something like that, years ago, Oregon made). This will be my third winter with mine. The jacket is great and light and surprisingly waterproof or a single layer system.
    I also have their pants and love those for commuting. Too heavy for training rides, but easy to slip over my pants. I attached velcro to those and to my winter Diadora shoes, so now I have a completely waterproof setup from the neck down.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.