Your killing my Strava

Anyone use the Specialized Milano seat?

I went to my LBS with the intent to buy the Milano seat. I told the sales guy the bike I had (07 Stumpjumper FSR) and he suggested that wasnt the seat I should get. He said it was to big and heavy for a bike like that. Instead he brings me this brick with 2 small gel pads and recommended it. I think It was the Alias? So I ask him if I dont like the brick can I return it..He said no. So I walked out without purchasing anything. I ride 4 days a week for fun and excercise, Weight is not a big deal to me, comfort is. Does anyone use this seat or have used it? If so tell me what you think..The good and the bad. Thanks
    Last edited by vinnyl26; 09-06-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Crunchatize me Capn'
    Saddles are personal. No one is going to necessarily be right for anyone else. The shop should have the Specialized fit guide regarding your sit bones and go by that. It's not a perfect fit system but it's cheaper than just buying saddle after saddle until you finally find one that works for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The Alias is an OK saddle.

When you are riding for longer duration, most people end up liking a more minimalist saddle compared to a real large one - as you just need to support the sit bones - and not have much other contact.

And I do think that Specialized is one of the companies that WILL allow you to return in within a certain time frame if you are unhappy with the saddle.

Kirk

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by jabpn
    Saddles are personal. No one is going to necessarily be right for anyone else. The shop should have the Specialized fit guide regarding your sit bones and go by that. It's not a perfect fit system but it's cheaper than just buying saddle after saddle until you finally find one that works for you.
    He sis do that and I measured at 120mm, thats why he gave me the brick! The Milano is 175mm

AndyFSR

Hope Milano Ahh...

Yes I have used the Milano seat, and yes it was a couch. Yes it was big and heavier than it should have been, but it was perfect for me. Loved it. With that being said my friend thinks it's too soft and wide, he rides a Specialized Telluride saddle wich is also very comfortable. Again for me. I have discovered we are all different, one may work for me and not and on and on...
    My Milano met an untimlely demised and was torn then replaced with a WTB Rocket (Model with two diamonds on the nose) very comfortable but not quite as nice as my departed Milano.
    Find what works, good luck.
    Andy
    ...I go downhill like a falling safe...and climb like I'm dragging one.

Crunchatize me Capn'
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26
    He sis do that and I measured at 120mm, thats why he gave me the brick! The Milano is 175mm
    Double check with Specialized about their policy. The guy honestly may not know. I see the Specialized system as being like wrenchscience or coloradocyclist with their fit systems. It'll get you pretty close to the width size of the saddle that would probably be the most comfortable for you. The most comfortable saddle I use right now is a cheapo Velo saddle that came stock on my entry level road bike. It's width is very close to my measurement on the Specialized saddle fit. All my previous saddles I had gotten I bought more out of wide acclaim than anything. Some weren't very uncomfortable, just a little bit and certainly tolerable even for centuries. All my previous saddles were also narrower than my Spec. measurement. Anecdotal evidence I know but why not just give the Alias a try or another saddle with the same width dimensions (or close to it)?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a Milano on my road bike, it is really comfy and personaly I don't think it's too heavy or wide for mtb duties. Currently on my mountain bike I have a WTB Laser V but when it is not good anymore I will probably change it for a Milano.

mtbr member
    I went to my LBS with the intent to buy the Milano seat. I told the sales guy the bike I had (07 Stumpjumper FSR) and he suggested that wasnt the seat I should get. He said it was to big and heavy for a bike like that. Instead he brings me this brick with 2 small gel pads and recommended it. I think It was the Alias? So I ask him if I dont like the brick can I return it..He said no. So I walked out without purchasing anything. I ride 4 days a week for fun and excercise, Weight is not a big deal to me, comfort is. Does anyone use this seat or have used it? If so tell me what you think..The good and the bad. Thanks
    Saddles are a very personal choice, but they should also reflect what type of riding you're doing. I've got an Alias on my road bike, where it works well. I'd never place that saddle on my Stumpy. I did just get the new Phenom (base model) seat from Specialized in a 143mm width. I love it. It's perfect for my riding - XC & XC Trail. Rode it for my first MTB race ever yesterday and it was awesome. But again, that saddle really fits my riding style.

What are you using your Stumpy FSR for?
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro SRAM X9 Triggers and RD
    2014 Specialized Crux Pro SRAM 2x10 Force, Avid Ultimates, CG-R Post

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by pspycho
    Saddles are a very personal choice, but they should also reflect what type of riding you're doing. I've got an Alias on my road bike, where it works well. I'd never place that saddle on my Stumpy. I did just get the new Phenom (base model) seat from Specialized in a 143mm width. I love it. It's perfect for my riding - XC & XC Trail. Rode it for my first MTB race ever yesterday and it was awesome. But again, that saddle really fits my riding style.

What are you using your Stumpy FSR for?
    Just basically For fun and to get in shape. I dont ever plan on racing, My rides are usally 8 miles mellow ride after work with the wife and kid in the trailer to 12-18 mile rides on the weekend with a mixture of fire roads and single. nothing too technical

mtbr member
    Just basically For fun and to get in shape. I dont ever plan on racing, My rides are usally 8 miles mellow ride after work with the wife and kid in the trailer to 12-18 mile rides on the weekend with a mixture of fire roads and single. nothing too technical
    Based on your comments - enjoy the Milano or take a look at the new (for '08) Sonoma Gel Saddle. That may work for you as well.
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro SRAM X9 Triggers and RD
    2014 Specialized Crux Pro SRAM 2x10 Force, Avid Ultimates, CG-R Post

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by pspycho
    Based on your comments - enjoy the Milano or take a look at the new (for '08) Sonoma Gel Saddle. That may work for you as well.
    Yea I have been eying that Sonoma Saddle too

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Yes, I have the 155 Milano. Yes it is very comfy.

I have the Indie and Milano and the Milano has much more padding.