mtbr member

Anyone use Amsoil?

I know they make the best motor oil out there, but i was wondering if anyone has used any of their other products on their bike (chain lube)? I am currently using prolink and i am happy, but Amsoil makes a great product and I am always looking for an upgrade!

Thanks
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    I know they make the best motor oil out there,
    Thanks
    Boy there is a loaded statement. Rather than get in a protracted discussion, you might want to check out www.bobistheoilguy.com for more information about motor oil, including engineering, used oil analysis, etc., than you can imagine.

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Amsoil is THE BEST?

Hmmm....I've had the best results in my turbocharged car using Rotella synthetic, of all things. It's designed to be used in turbodiesel rigs that run under boost most of their time and the oil is supposed to be there for tens of thousands of miles. Mobil 1, Syntec, and Amsoil all showed signs of ineffectiveness at around 2k miles. The signs were increased oil consumption, higher oil temps, lower oil pressure under all conditions, and rattling lifters. I use Rotella synthetic for 6k miles and have not had ANY of the above symptoms. I pulled my engine apart once and saw how clean and wear free it was inside.

As far as the bike stuff, if you're happy with Pro Link, then stick with it. If you're happy with something and try to switch, you're usually going to end up not liking the alternative as much.

what kind of car do you drive?