Fremen

Anyone riding a 2004 Weyless SP

I currently ride an Access hard-tail & want to go full-suspension. I was wondering if this is a decent frame for the money. I don't have much of a budget for bike upgrades, so I want to get the most for my dough.-Thanks
    [size=2]*Riding without internal combustion since 1991*[/size]

Map Maker

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by rob68
    I currently ride an Access hard-tail & want to go full-suspension. I was wondering if this is a decent frame for the money. I don't have much of a budget for bike upgrades, so I want to get the most for my dough.-Thanks

I am riding the Weyless XP which is a great frame for the money. I was very pleased with it I got mine from supergo for $329 when they were blowing them out the door last fall.

Just make sure you double check over the frame when you get it for loose bolts and such in the suspension as they are shipped from the factory ready for "dealer Prep". One of my bolts was loose and upon tightening I found it was stripped - a call to super go got me a bolt package but for the other end of the shock. I just went to a specialty hardware store and bought my own that is stronger and better

all the welds look clean and strong and the frame looks great. the paint was fine but it chips easily. they do send along a bottle of touch up paint with the frame.

A good frame for a great price.
    I would buy it again if I could.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

Fremen

Smile Weyless FS

Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    I am riding the Weyless XP which is a great frame for the money. I was very pleased with it I got mine from supergo for $329 when they were blowing them out the door last fall.

Just make sure you double check over the frame when you get it for loose bolts and such in the suspension as they are shipped from the factory ready for "dealer Prep". One of my bolts was loose and upon tightening I found it was stripped - a call to super go got me a bolt package but for the other end of the shock. I just went to a specialty hardware store and bought my own that is stronger and better

all the welds look clean and strong and the frame looks great. the paint was fine but it chips easily. they do send along a bottle of touch up paint with the frame.

A good frame for a great price.
    I would buy it again if I could.
    Thanks Cbchess, You were very helpful.
    [size=2]*Riding without internal combustion since 1991*[/size]