DH.FR.0ne

New question here. Anyone know where I can get a Mongoose Nugget in the UK?!

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a mongoose nugget here in England but after spending hours going through endless websites it seems no stores actually stock them here. I've spoken to my nearest mongoose dealer who told me they only deal with bmx and that was that.
    I'm pretty desperate to get one of these now, preferrably a frame but will consider a full build if need be. New or used. Anyone know where I can find one? Any good UK sites to check out?
    Cheers in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm unable to recommend a good retailer, but here's a few to help you stay focused in your search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone know where I can get a Mongoose Nugget in the UK?!-sniff-test-sml%5B1%5D.jpg  

No Stranger to danger....
    Why would you want to buy a mongoose? Oh well each to their own.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    This is a "Real" Mongoose. Not a Wallie world bike. It's a freeride/slopestyle bike with Sram X9, RS shock, and Elixir 5's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    Why wouldn't you? The spec for the Nugget looks pretty good - Manitou circus fork, Monarch RT shock, Avid brakes etc. Not the worst bike you could get by a long shot. Or are you thinking about the department store level Mongoose bikes? In which case i would agree entirely.
    OP, the Nugget does not seem to be available in the UK, but you can get the Slayton which has a similar frame. Found this one - MONGOOSE SLAYTON EXPERT 2012 :: 2199.99 :: Mountain Bikes :: Full Suspension :: Pauls Cycles
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Why wouldn't you? The spec for the Nugget looks pretty good - Manitou circus fork, Monarch RT shock, Avid brakes etc. Not the worst bike you could get by a long shot. Or are you thinking about the department store level Mongoose bikes? In which case i would agree entirely.
    OP, the Nugget does not seem to be available in the UK, but you can get the Slayton which has a similar frame. Found this one - MONGOOSE SLAYTON EXPERT 2012 :: 2199.99 :: Mountain Bikes :: Full Suspension :: Pauls Cycles
    Fair enough boys, i respect that some like them, its just that i hear so many horror stories about the frames n bikes in general even on the top line ones, out of interest i popped my head into the mongoose forum the other night, the amount of broken frames n bad stories in there is incredible stuff, if i was going to buy a new bike with a couple of grand mongoose wouldnt even come into my calculations, but it could be me thats missing out, cheers

Ive just done a little of my own research on the nugget, for a bike thats been out since 2008 from what i can see there is very little owner reviews around, i have just read in 3 places that the linkage is poor, hard to get parts n poor customer service from mongoose, not to mention you are in England and it will be worse there, its only cheap at $2,400 AU, but you pay for what you get, i wouldnt touch it with somebody elses money let alone my own, i dont think the components are really much chop and i dont think it would come even close to matching other bikes in its class, i'd pay a bit more n get twice the bike, but its just my opinion, opinions are like arseholes, everybody have one n they all stink, cheers n good luck on the goose

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Have you looked at the GT Distortion? I was looking at both of these when thinking about a new bike.

DH.FR.0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezusChrist View Post
    I'm unable to recommend a good retailer, but here's a few to help you stay focused in your search.
    I see what you did there, very funny but butt nuggets are technically off topic

DH.FR.0ne
    Hey all, nice little debate going on there. Always good to hear other people's views but the Nugget still is the one bike that jumps out at me as the one I want. I already have all the components so I wouldn't be using all the standard spec.
    To be honest I'm only buying because I want to try something new. I have 2 bikes already- a Balfa BB7 downhill bike and a Marin attack trail. Great bikes but I fancy a smaller, short travel 'play bike' just for fun.
    I've also had a go on a Teocali and loved the freedrive. I feel whatever bike I get must have this design. I would pick up a teocali frame but it would probably replace my attack trail. The nugget is different and just 'floats my boat'.
    And if I don't like it I can always sell it on for something else LOL

DH.FR.0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by evilclosetmonkey View Post
    Have you looked at the GT Distortion? I was looking at both of these when thinking about a new bike.
    Cheers for the response. I have checked out the distortion- seems like it should be a great bike, and it matches up to all my spare components I intend to use. But they don't come cheap. This is the 1st build I've done where price is on my mind as I already have 2 bikes and am only building a third bike for the hell of it, and to try something different.
    The distortion will always be on the list though if I can find a good deal

mtbr member
    Ebay has a 2011 model, this will ship worldwide. This is were I purchased my 2009 Teocali Super.

NEW 2011 MONGOOSE NUGGET SLOPESTYLE DIRT JUMP MOUNTAIN BIKE REGULAR | eBay

DH.FR.0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra8d View Post
    Ebay has a 2011 model, this will ship worldwide. This is were I purchased my 2009 Teocali Super.

NEW 2011 MONGOOSE NUGGET SLOPESTYLE DIRT JUMP MOUNTAIN BIKE REGULAR | eBay
    Thanks, but unfortunately they are charging an extra $1247 to send it to the UK
    Getting this bike in this country doesn't look possible so far

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I don't know what your budget is but Velopy bike have the entry level distortion for 1190.00 which is a good deal. (if I wasn't skint I'd have one)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH.FR.0ne View Post
    Thanks, but unfortunately they are charging an extra $1247 to send it to the UK
    Getting this bike in this country doesn't look possible so far
    That's insane , sorry to here that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Did you get that link I put on your profile?

DH.FR.0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by evilclosetmonkey View Post
    Did you get that link I put on your profile?
    Wow thanks for that! Good find! Wish I'd got online sooner but it doesn't look like it sold. Unless the seller ended early. I'll be contacting them for sure. Cheers for putting me onto that.