mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Anyone heard of Vince Cycles?

Just been on Ebay scouting for cheap frames and came across some "unbelievable" deals through a shop called Vince Cycles.
    All seems a bit good to be true and their feedback and contact information is a bit sketchy.

Just wondered if anyone had ever heard or dealt with them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Vince cycles

I too have come across on ebay prices on Vince Cycles. Does anyone know if this a relable dealer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Na, someone i know enquired with them, they wanted a wired money transfer only.
    Too fishy for my liking.
    It reminds me of a similar situation not long ago where a shop didn't actually exist and many people lost their cash, do a search on here,i'm pretty sure it was posed on here not long ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Bogus Vince Cycles?

Yeah, I checked into this company too. I am fairly certain it is a scam. I called Charleston Chamber of commerce and some other bike shops in the city and nobody has heard about it. I also checked to see if they had a business license on file, and there was not.

Bums me out to see this s%$# on ebay or anywhere. I did send the company an email, and now I am a bit worried that they could use my message for "evil doing" Of course I didn't provide any personal details but am not savy enough to know if someone could use info from an email to do me wrong. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i just pulled this off another forum in Oz, regarding vince cycles.

Check this out. I emailed Cannondale in the States to see if they'd even heard of this store, and they sent me this reply from their legal dept;

"This is not a CBC dealer! This is utterly bogus. These same people, using the same photos and site design have previously operated as "Great Divide" and "Volin" and "Moby" "bike shops". These are serial scammers. One of their earlier "addresses" was in Montana!

I am copying an eBay expert at Trek who has more experience in this area and has contact with the FBI re fraudulent sites. These bad actors have been at this since at least Sept of 2005 with different "store fronts". "

Be careful out there!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Is there any possibility to get my money back?

I payed for a bike at vincecyclesshop and never got the package. Is there any possibility to get the money back???

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Maybe its that vsaur guy who was building the ultimate downhill/freeride rig.. his name was Vince..

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Wow. never overestimate your fellow man. Can't Ebay/ Paypal help those who sent payment to this fool?
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!